Cranjis's thoughts

Its time for desperation mode to save the season and see what we have moving into next season. This team has for a while been a bad Defense that lives off timely turnovers; however, the offense has always been good enough to bail out the D. This isn't happening this season, here are some ideas to attempt to salvage the year.

1. Orlando Brown sucks at LT. period. My proposal, move Brown to RT and see how it goes, if he refuses because "he wants to be a LT in the nfl" then fine, he is now benched. He is getting Mahomes killed and it's clear Mahomes has no faith that his blind side tackle is offering even the slightest bit of resistance. Move Thuney to LT and see how it goes, maybe check and see if Schwartz wants to come back and play RT if Brown refuses the move. 

2. Josh Gordon needs snaps if they ever hope for him to contribute. I get the whole "we don't trust him" thing. But guess what, Hardman and Robinson have been here for years and there is no reason to trust them either. There is no excuse, let Gordon play and fail, or play and succeed.

3. Play calling has been bizarre, i get we are losing every game and it complicates matters, but when your LT is getting abused each and every play, an occasional screen, the classic delayed handoff, or the rb chipping the edge rusher must be used to slow them down and at least make the defensive end think about doing something other than taking a wide path at full speed and killing our QB.

4. As far as the defense its clear to me Khaulen Saunders needs more snaps, him and Wharton and the only DT's that ever make the occasional positive play.

5. The Jones at DE experiment predictably failed, move him back to DT full time, play Saunders next to him the majority of snaps, and rotate in Nnadi and Reed to spell them. In other words, Nnadi and Reed should not be the starters. I know you say well... with Jones playing DT we have no ends, don't care, you don't take an elite DT and make them a below average DE, period. I would use a D line of Danna, Saunders/ Wharton, Jones, and Saunders/ Wharton on the edge. I know Wharton and Saunders aren't "technically" ends, but they are fairly athletic and need to be on the field instead of Clark, Reed, and Nnadi

6. Mike Hughes should not be active over Baker, yes they both currently suck, but Baker has some upside.

7. Clearly Gay and Bolton are the best LBs on the team. When Hitchens comes back, he can not start.

Im sure there are more both I will end with some random roster decisions going into next year.

Frank Clark - obviously Cut

Sorenson- can not return

Orlando Brown- Absolutely under no scenerio can you give this guy a contract extension, let him walk

Hardman - Let walk

Robinson - Let walk

Hitchens - CLEARLY cut this person

Tyrann Mathieu - For the love of god chiefs do not extend this player. Let him go into free agency and move on

Niemann - can't be brought back

Jarran Reed - failed experiment, do not re-sign

Clyde - I have already seen enough and am ready to say do not even consider giving him the 5th year option. In fact i am trying to deal him for a 3rd round pick in the offseason.

8 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Its time for desperation mode to save the season and see what we have moving into next season. This team has for a while been a bad Defense that lives off timely turnovers; however, the offense has always been good enough to bail out the D. This isn't happening this season, here are some ideas to attempt to salvage the year.

1. Orlando Brown sucks at LT. period. My proposal, move Brown to RT and see how it goes, if he refuses because "he wants to be a LT in the nfl" then fine, he is now benched. He is getting Mahomes killed and it's clear Mahomes has no faith that his blind side tackle is offering even the slightest bit of resistance. Move Thuney to LT and see how it goes, maybe check and see if Schwartz wants to come back and play RT if Brown refuses the move. 

2. Josh Gordon needs snaps if they ever hope for him to contribute. I get the whole "we don't trust him" thing. But guess what, Hardman and Robinson have been here for years and there is no reason to trust them either. There is no excuse, let Gordon play and fail, or play and succeed.

3. Play calling has been bizarre, i get we are losing every game and it complicates matters, but when your LT is getting abused each and every play, an occasional screen, the classic delayed handoff, or the rb chipping the edge rusher must be used to slow them down and at least make the defensive end think about doing something other than taking a wide path at full speed and killing our QB.

4. As far as the defense its clear to me Khaulen Saunders needs more snaps, him and Wharton and the only DT's that ever make the occasional positive play.

5. The Jones at DE experiment predictably failed, move him back to DT full time, play Saunders next to him the majority of snaps, and rotate in Nnadi and Reed to spell them. In other words, Nnadi and Reed should not be the starters. I know you say well... with Jones playing DT we have no ends, don't care, you don't take an elite DT and make them a below average DE, period. I would use a D line of Danna, Saunders/ Wharton, Jones, and Saunders/ Wharton on the edge. I know Wharton and Saunders aren't "technically" ends, but they are fairly athletic and need to be on the field instead of Clark, Reed, and Nnadi

6. Mike Hughes should not be active over Baker, yes they both currently suck, but Baker has some upside.

7. Clearly Gay and Bolton are the best LBs on the team. When Hitchens comes back, he can not start.

Im sure there are more both I will end with some random roster decisions going into next year.

Sorenson- can not return

Orlando Brown- Absolutely under no scenerio can you give this guy a contract extension, let him walk

Hardman - Let walk

Robinson - Let walk

Tyrann Mathieu - For the love of god chiefs do not extend this player. Let him go into free agency and move on

Clyde - I have already seen enough and am ready to say do not even consider giving him the 5th year option. In fact i am trying to deal him for a 3rd round pick in the offseason.

They aren't letting Brown walk. They traded a 1, 3, and 5 for him. He's not leaving here. Not at that price. He may end up at RT and that's probably where he belongs. 

Honestly I think our solution at LT may be on the roster. I think they need to give Prince Tega Wanogho a look at LT. I think we may be letting a gem sit there uncovered.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They aren't letting Brown walk. They traded a 1, 3, and 5 for him. He's not leaving here. Not at that price. He may end up at RT and that's probably where he belongs. 

Honestly I think our solution at LT may be on the roster. I think they need to give Prince Tega Wanogho a look at LT. I think we may be letting a gem sit there uncovered.

yes they traded a 1,3, and 5. But they got back a 2 and 6. So they moved down a round in the draft and exchanged 5 and 6... This is essentially nothing. So they really gave up a 3rd for an attempt to get a franchise LT. that attempt failed. its time to cut their losses and move on, not give the dude 20 mil a year to be a bad LT. In fact they will probably get a comp pick back for Orlando Brown meaning they may not really give up any draft capital of substance in the end.

19 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sorenson- can not return

Hardman - Let walk

Robinson - Let walk

I have to agree with all of this...especially "you don't take an elite DT and make them a below average DE, period."

The Depth chart needs a shake up and the players need a wake up.

I kinda feel like Mahomes is going through his Rocky 3 first half of the movie stage. Things came easy since he came out, tasted a lot of success, and got caught up in real life, endorsements and all that jazz and it make take an ass whipping season from Clubber Lane to get that focus back.  But wtf do I know lol.

25 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

yes they traded a 1,3, and 5. But they got back a 2 and 6. So they moved down a round in the draft and exchanged 5 and 6... This is essentially nothing. So they really gave up a 3rd for an attempt to get a franchise LT. that attempt failed. its time to cut their losses and move on, not give the dude 20 mil a year to be a bad LT. In fact they will probably get a comp pick back for Orlando Brown meaning they may not really give up any draft capital of substance in the end.

What attempt failed? We aren't even at the halfway point. 

And the values you are placing on the picks seem weird. Basically our first rd pick this year was Orlando Brown. They aren't giving up on that player after 1 year, nor should they. 

they didn't lose the 1st round pick for nothing. They got Orlando Brown and a 2nd. They basically got Orlando Brown in exchange for moving down 20ish spots in the draft. What about this logic is flawed? moving down 20 spots if completely different than giving up a 1st round pick.

therefore, they really only gave up a 3rd, which they potentially could get back as a comp pick. that is my logic

19 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

they didn't lose the 1st round pick for nothing. They got Orlando Brown and a 2nd. They basically got Orlando Brown in exchange for moving down 20ish spots in the draft. What about this logic is flawed? moving down 20 spots if completely different than giving up a 1st round pick.

therefore, they really only gave up a 3rd, which they potentially could get back as a comp pick. that is my logic

Well if that's how you view it then Bolton was essentially our first rounder and Brown was our third, which we could recoup with a comp pick. I see what you mean.

I still think the jury is out though. He's been inconsistent in pass pro but there's 10 games left. 

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i agree with all of your statement with the exception of brown...they will prob franchise him and give him one more season to get his shit together or he will be a FA

This is more likely than letting him walk. The cap hit would be rough though. With an extension they can structure it so it is light on the front end like they did with Thuney this year. It's becoming a sticky situation though. He needs to step up his pass pro. 

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This is more likely than letting him walk. The cap hit would be rough though. With an extension they can structure it so it is light on the front end like they did with Thuney this year. It's becoming a sticky situation though. He needs to step up his pass pro. 

Fuck,  tag him and play him at RT if he can't get it going this year. Or tag and trade. If you can't get more than a 3rd, then just let him wall and get it in the comp puck possibly.

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Great quote. This was brought on by Veach's inability for years to get an quality pass rushing DE. It's been a revolving door and Clark is in bust territory.

Clark has mailed it in. He is not a difference maker when on the field. He got his money and a ring. He can ride off in the sunset regardless of what happens from this point forward. 

Couple more thoughts.

first, as you all may know, i am not a dave toub fan. He needs to be replaced this offseason, and the new ST coach needs less say in the roster. We can’t be letting the Tim Wards of the world walk out the door to upgrade a gunner spot. Similarly, Tommy Townsend needs to be replaced as well.

Also similarly, and this is pure speculation by me. Let me make this clear i have zero facts to back this up, only my best guess. BUT. I find it extremely hard to believe an Andy Reid coached team is playing this bad.

Now, we know Reid was sent by  ambulance to the hospital recently. It is entirely possible he isn’t in great health and has turned more work responsibility over to assistant head coach dave toub, spagnola, and EB.

If you really think about the way the team seems to be prepared, it reminds me much more of the poor play of our special teams unit over the past 5 to 6 years than it does a well oiled andy reid team.

i would not be the slightest bit surprised if toub is running practices at the moment.

18 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

It's clear Brown isn't a pass blocking LT. I would move him back to the RT. Move Niang to RG and Smith to LT. In college, Smith was a LT before blood clots took him out for the year. 

Wow didn't know that about Smith.  I think anything would work over brown right now 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Couple more thoughts.

first, as you all may know, i am not a dave toub fan. He needs to be replaced this offseason, and the new ST coach needs less say in the roster. We can’t be letting the Tim Wards of the world walk out the door to upgrade a gunner spot. Similarly, Tommy Townsend needs to be replaced as well.

Also similarly, and this is pure speculation by me. Let me make this clear i have zero facts to back this up, only my best guess. BUT. I find it extremely hard to believe an Andy Reid coached team is playing this bad.

Now, we know Reid was sent by  ambulance to the hospital recently. It is entirely possible he isn’t in great health and has turned more work responsibility over to assistant head coach dave toub, spagnola, and EB.

If you really think about the way the team seems to be prepared, it reminds me much more of the poor play of our special teams unit over the past 5 to 6 years than it does a well oiled andy reid team.

i would not be the slightest bit surprised if toub is running practices at the moment.

This is reaching. If the doctor told Reid his health was in serious jeopardy he'd hang it up. He has nothing left to accomplish as a HC. He's not gonna put his wife, kids, and grandkids through the pain of watching him have a heart attack and die unnecessarily. The family has dealt with enough already.

There is a difference between being in serious jeopardy health wise and cutting back your work load and delegating more duties to the coaching staff than he has in past years.

again, to me, this just doesn’t look like an Andy Reid offense, he is one of the most creative offensive minds in history and has put up tons of points with less talent over the years.

just brainstorming as to possible scenerios.

most likely is simply the offensive tackles are garbage and anytime we haven’t had at least average tackle play there are major issues.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:55 PM, Biggjliv4 said:

I kinda feel like Mahomes is going through his Rocky 3 first half of the movie stage. Things came easy since he came out, tasted a lot of success, and got caught up in real life, endorsements and all that jazz and it make take an ass whipping season from Clubber Lane to get that focus back.  But wtf do I know lol.

Agreed, with Mahomes.... and the whole team needs to have there proverbial "argument" with Anrianna on the beach.

C-EUKtBVwAEfWki.jpg