Just now, AFCWEST said:

JMO

I think it's not irrelevant that the most important person on the team other than possibly Mahomes may not have their heart in it like they did.  If it's affecting Andy's ability to focus on the job then it's absolutely not irrelevant even though the loss of Britt's coaching is definitely irrelevant.  I think something similar happened to him at the end of his Philly run and he needed a year or two to recharge.  

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

JMO

Nah..

The Defense has been bad for a long time, even the year they won the SB. As they say..The Chickens are finally coming home to roost.

On offense, Reid hasn't made any adjustments to his offensive game plans and the rest of the league has figured him out. Hell, remember in 2019 it took Herculean efforts for us to get to the SB and then win it. They won the SB in spite of Andy's shitty game plans. 

It seems like the last time I saw some good offensive game plans was the AS11 years, where he had to game plan around Smith's limitations. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Nah..

The Defense has been bad for a long time, even the year they won the SB. As they say..The Chickens are finally coming home to roost.

On offense, Reid hasn't made any adjustments to his offensive game plans and the rest of the league has figured him out. Hell, remember in 2019 it took Herculean efforts for us to get to the SB and then win it. They won the SB in spite of Andy's shitty game plans. 

It seems like the last time I saw some good offensive game plans was the AS11 years, where he had to game plan around Smith's limitations. 

Zero adjustments. No one respects run. So they just cover everything 

Very well could be affecting Reid unless he's the type that buries himself in work to keep his mind occupied from this type of event much like many do when mourning. 

Also wonder how clear Mahomes head is this year.  Turned into multimillionaire, g/f happens to get pregnant right after signing, then married then add in his drama boy brother living off his coattails. Not saying it was or wasn't planned, but regardless that is a lot to adjust to mentally in a very short period of time.

Often forget how real life effects  all of us and these guys are more than just football players, they're human beings. 

Not sure if Britt was the start, but as far as game planning, I couldn’t believe that after the Bucs dominated the SB, Reid (or Mahomes) said in a presser that the short passing game ‘just wasn’t in the game plan’  

How the hell do you go into a S B with the o line decimated and NOT adjust the game plan.

Shakey o line should have been aided by coaches planning more quick passing to negate some of the heavy rush that was sure to be there!

To me that was Reid crapping the bed!

1 hour ago, the Warparty said:

Not sure if Britt was the start, but as far as game planning, I couldn’t believe that after the Bucs dominated the SB, Reid (or Mahomes) said in a presser that the short passing game ‘just wasn’t in the game plan’  

How the hell do you go into a S B with the o line decimated and NOT adjust the game plan.

Shakey o line should have been aided by coaches planning more quick passing to negate some of the heavy rush that was sure to be there!

He's obviously STILL crapping the bed, because he hasn't adjusted. We've seen it one game this year: The Philly game. If you guys recall, the running game was working and dink and dunk was efficient. Pat didn't get hit very much and we dominated TOP. 

Haven't seen that game plan since...Maybe Andy wanted to REALLY beat Philly??

1 hour ago, the Warparty said:

Huge reason as to why I think Bienemy is not wanted elsewhere. When the HC goes through something like that it should have been him to step up and create a game plan as well as a Plan B if it failed.

16 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Huge reason as to why I think Bienemy is not wanted elsewhere. When the HC goes through something like that it should have been him to step up and create a game plan as well as a Plan B if it failed.

Maybe he has? Nobody know the inside stories.

I think it's the #1 culprit. Reid hasn't been a decent coach ever since the incident and nobody around him was able to pick up the slack. I was hoping Reid would see football as a distraction but he clearly can't, I have no idea about his thoughts on the future but he may not have much of a career left in the NFL. 

23 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I think something similar happened to him at the end of his Philly run and he needed a year or two to recharge.  

There were 148 days between his son's death and his release from the Eagles. There were 5 days between the Chiefs signing Reid and the Eagles letting him go.

I think the man is resilient enough to bounce back from this incident.

2 minutes ago, Chiefs Convert said:

There were 148 days between his son's death and his release from the Eagles. There were 5 days between the Chiefs signing Reid and the Eagles letting him go.

I think the man is resilient enough to bounce back from this incident.

I think so too, but it still seems like the team lost its mojo about that time.  There were some other things with similar timing. Eric Fisher injury and the pretty humiliating Super Bowl loss for example.  And the beating that Mahomes took in that game.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I think so too, but it still seems like the team lost its mojo about that time.  There were some other things with similar timing. Eric Fisher injury and the pretty humiliating Super Bowl loss for example.  And the beating that Mahomes took in that game.  

Reid is a workaholic. Workaholics use work for security , escape , problem avoidance and to be in control of their environment. I doubt his son has anything to do with KC struggles.