A lot of things happened the same to as the Super Bowl ass whipping.  Coincidence?  Or does this have something to do with our struggles.  

Former heavyweight champion Leon Spinks dies at 67

Leon Spinks, the former world heavyweight champion who was best known for defeating Muhammad Ali in 1978, died Friday evening with his wife and a few close friends and family by his side, his publicist announced Saturday. He was 67. 

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

A lot of things happened the same to as the Super Bowl ass whipping.  Coincidence?  Or does this have something to do with our struggles.  

Former heavyweight champion Leon Spinks dies at 67

Leon Spinks, the former world heavyweight champion who was best known for defeating Muhammad Ali in 1978, died Friday evening with his wife and a few close friends and family by his side, his publicist announced Saturday. He was 67. 

You're right.  No chance that the head coaches son facing serious prison time could affect his focus for a few months.  Never mind.  

Just now, reesebobby said:

You're right.  No chance that the head coaches son facing serious prison time could affect his focus for a few months.  Never mind.  

I was wondering why Reed isn't the D line monster he was before we signed him.  Britt, ahh. Gay's turf toe. Jones moving to DE. Thornhill struggling to beat out Dan. Neme getting a huge amount of snaps amid injuries. Hughes sucking wind. Schuster staying in Pittsburg. Hill making uncharacteristic drops. Pat throwing the ball up instead of taking the sack.  Clark being hurt. Britt, yeah. That's it.

I think we're reaching if we think what happened with Britt has anything to do with the 3-4 start.  We were fine against a good Cleveland team, and if not for an end of the game fumble, we beat the Ravens.  After the Ravens game, a couple of bad breaks led to everyone pressing.  The problems now are the same they have been for quite some time, the defense isn't good enough to hold up it's end of the bargain, and with the pass rush actually getting worse, the pressure is on the offense, and they're pressing.  Britt Reid didn't cause Hill to gift wrap two INTs because he didn't look the ball all the way in.  Britt Reid didn't cause CEH to lose fumbles in back to back games, one which directly cost us a W.  The simple answer is that the chiefs cannot control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball, which makes winning very difficult for even the greatest of teams.  Turnovers, (which are directly correlating to losses) are the only thing different between now and last year, other than our pass rush being worse.  The Chiefs got 99 problems but Britt Reid ain't one. 

20 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I think we're reaching if we think what happened with Britt has anything to do with the 3-4 start.  We were fine against a good Cleveland team, and if not for an end of the game fumble, we beat the Ravens.  After the Ravens game, a couple of bad breaks led to everyone pressing.  The problems now are the same they have been for quite some time, the defense isn't good enough to hold up it's end of the bargain, and with the pass rush actually getting worse, the pressure is on the offense, and they're pressing.  Britt Reid didn't cause Hill to gift wrap two INTs because he didn't look the ball all the way in.  Britt Reid didn't cause CEH to lose fumbles in back to back games, one which directly cost us a W.  The simple answer is that the chiefs cannot control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball, which makes winning very difficult for even the greatest of teams.  Turnovers, (which are directly correlating to losses) are the only thing different between now and last year, other than our pass rush being worse.  The Chiefs got 99 problems but Britt Reid ain't one. 

The thing is so many fundamental or pure mental issues on the field generally point to active coaching issues. Even though I think otherwise, Britt Reid may not be the culprit but there are some major issues that start with Andy. 

Britt Reid’s impact is on Andy’s mind in some capacity. Second tragedy in his family? How can it not be? Unless he is cold and callous. He has a good poker face. Who is to say he isn’t taking good care of himself? He did have to go to a hospital after a game… I don’t think he is all there.

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

Check out the " KC offense" thread. You'll be surprised at how much of this pressure Mahomes could be avoiding if he would stay in the pocket and take what he is given. 

I'm not saying Brown isn't culpable too, but the fact is that we brought in a group of road graders on the o-line and are running the same offense we were when we had a much lighter line, with more pulling. Not to mention teams are daring us to run, and we have a group of big nasties up front and Reid still won't commit to it.

Basically I'm saying this is on everyone. This isn't as simple as "our tackles suck." 

All of a sudden it's Mahomes inability to step up in the pocket. Pretty much the entire Super Bowl season Mahomes was on the move. His ability outside of the pocket was the reason we got a super bowl win after a billion years. Defenses caught up. Receivers don't get open, dropped passes, stale play calling, routes that aren't working for down and distance. Mahomes could definitely step up more often but it's way bigger than that.  

15 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Check out the " KC offense" thread. You'll be surprised at how much of this pressure Mahomes could be avoiding if he would stay in the pocket and take what he is given. 

I'm not saying Brown isn't culpable too, but the fact is that we brought in a group of road graders on the o-line and are running the same offense we were when we had a much lighter line, with more pulling. Not to mention teams are daring us to run, and we have a group of big nasties up front and Reid still won't commit to it.

Basically I'm saying this is on everyone. This isn't as simple as "our tackles suck." 

Exactly. They knew what they were doing when they revamped this oline., going from finesse pass blockers to road graders...at least I hope they did. Based on the personnel up front, they told Mahomes that he would have to change HIS GAME. And he really hasn't, and neither has the coaching staff. 

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

All of a sudden it's Mahomes inability to step up in the pocket. Pretty much the entire Super Bowl season Mahomes was on the move. His ability outside of the pocket was the reason we got a super bowl win after a billion years. Defenses caught up. Receivers don't get open, dropped passes, stale play calling, routes that aren't working for down and distance. Mahomes could definitely step up more often but it's way bigger than that.  

Yup. I agree. Playcalling and execution is killing them right now.

BUT, that's all mental/fixable shit. That's why I'm in the camp that the offense WILL GET better. Its just a matter of when?????

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yup. I agree. Playcalling and execution is killing them right now.

BUT, that's all mental/fixable shit. That's why I'm in the camp that the offense WILL GET better. Its just a matter of when?????

When Reid is able to marry the idea of having road grading, power based, run blocking offensive lineman with playcalling. 

He will figure it out. Mahomes playing under center more is the only way he is gonna become truly comfortable as a true pocket QB. And it's the only way his lineman are gonna get on the same page with him. Play action will work just as well as the read option. Probably better.

I got some shit about month ago when I suggested we go this route. I think people expected Mahomes to adjust life in the pocket more quickly. He isnt. And his head coach instead of helping him, is compounding the problem by trying g to run the same offense he did last yr.

The league has adjusted and is basically daring us to run. Reid hasn't adjusted to this at all. And it's more problematic because this line could be as good as any line in the league as a group run blocking.

But they will figure it out as an offense. Note easy to do on the fly. Defensively, we're fucked. It has to be stripped down to the studs and rebuilt. Staff may be included in that.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

When Reid is able to marry the idea of having road grading, power based, run blocking offensive lineman with playcalling. 

He will figure it out. Mahomes playing under center more is the only way he is gonna become truly comfortable as a true pocket QB. And it's the only way his lineman are gonna get on the same page with him. Play action will work just as well as the read option. Probably better.

I got some shit about month ago when I suggested we go this route. I think people expected Mahomes to adjust life in the pocket more quickly. He isnt. And his head coach instead of helping him, is compounding the problem by trying g to run the same offense he did last yr.

The league has adjusted and is basically daring us to run. Reid hasn't adjusted to this at all. And it's more problematic because this line could be as good as any line in the league as a group run blocking.

But theywill figure it out as an offense. Note easy to do on the fly. Defensively, we're fucked. It has to be stripped down to the studs and rebuilt. Staff may be included in that.

Yes sir!

Andy also needs to sit his young qb down and TELL HIM to use the pocket when its there. The offensive struggles center around both Reid and Mahomes. But Reid needs to take charge and stop letting the inmates run the damn asylum. 

21 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Of course everyone is to blame, clear to the top.  Veach and Reid not getting another target to replace Watkins, to lack of adjustments, to poor blocking, the list goes on and on.   The biggest culprit in my mind is offseason roster management, and quite honestly, it sucked.  Signing Reed, moving CJ outside, , not bolstering a pass rush that has actually regressed from last year, reasons for the start are plentiful.  I never implied, or intended to imply, that the tackles are the reason for where we are.  While we're on the tackles though, I don't think Brown is a good fit for this offense.  I don't think road grader style tackles are good for this offense, especially ones with slow feet.  Even if we completely overhauled the offensive style, you're just not going to hand the ball off 40 times a game when you have a generational QB.  

On 10/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, Thegoatee said:

Britt Reid’s impact is on Andy’s mind in some capacity. Second tragedy in his family? How can it not be? Unless he is cold and callous. He has a good poker face. Who is to say he isn’t taking good care of himself? He did have to go to a hospital after a game… I don’t think he is all there.

He’s not even gone to trial yet.  Not a tragedy yet.   It’s amazing what a good DA can do.   His life isn’t over and while i used to think this might have effected the team…..I don’t think it’s even remotely the cause or reason.   To many professionals in that building that would call that out or address it if it was truly affecting the team. Film reviews prove Mahomes is pressing, we are in the middle of a string of bad luck, and he is drifting to far back and missing easy opportunities.   TO are adversely affecting this team far more than Britt Reid is.

7 hours ago, artsy said:

Yes sir!

Andy also needs to sit his young qb down and TELL HIM to use the pocket when its there. The offensive struggles center around both Reid and Mahomes. But Reid needs to take charge and stop letting the inmates run the damn asylum. 

I don’t think that’s necessary.  Competitors like Mahomes are harder on themselves than anyone ever could be on them.   He knows and I have faith he will get it addressed.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

He’s not even gone to trial yet.  Not a tragedy yet.   It’s amazing what a good DA can do.   His life isn’t over and while i used to think this might have effected the team…..I don’t think it’s even remotely the cause or reason.   To many professionals in that building that would call that out or address it if it was truly affecting the team. Film reviews prove Mahomes is pressing, we are in the middle of a string of bad luck, and he is drifting to far back and missing easy opportunities.   TO are adversely affecting this team far more than Britt Reid is.

Not a tragedy yet?  Really?

21 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Not a tragedy yet?  Really?

Reid is human. 

He’s fucked up right now. His son killed a little girl. Think that just goes away? 

Give the keys to Bienemy. He’ll run the football and put Mahomes under center for a change, giving him the opportunity to work on his dang footwork. 

8 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Reid is human. 

He’s fucked up right now. His son killed a little girl. Think that just goes away? 

Give the keys to Bienemy. He’ll run the football and put Mahomes under center for a change, giving him the opportunity to work on his dang footwork. 

His son didn't kill anyone. Not defending the guy, but c'mon man.