KC Chiefs Offense/Team

I don't know about you guys, but I saw a team that was just dead tired, and beat up both emotionally, and physically yesterday!  After they gave up that opening touchdown, you could see it in their faces, an "well, here we go again!" mentality.  I saw it on their faces.  This offense is not working.  I think they have zero faith in the defense, and why should they?  Their is no passion out there for any of them, even Mahomes.  He even looks defeated.  Someone needs to hold this team accountable, and I do not think it can be a coach.  They need a players only meeting from a leader or something.  There is no "savior" coming!  This on them, and they are not getting it done!

we suck again GIF

28 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yeah. Mahomes looked really down after that fumble. I could see EB going over to talk to him, and the camera cut away.

How much of this might be tied to his whole world changing when they had their daughter?  Dumb question…just throwing it out there.

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

There were a few shots of Kelce and he had the dead blank stare of despair. Like here we go again. 

Nick Wright said it pretty well today.  The defenses aren’t anything over complicated but it’s almost like they are stuck in the mud.  How well are they actually preparing during the week?

This year probably is a waste. Have to make a lot of changes in the off season. Get rid of Hitchens, Clark, Reed, Nieman, Sorensen, Okafer,  Robinson, and I would not extend Orlando Brown based off what we have seen so far. 

3 points against the 24th ranked defense. That should never happen.....and yet it did.

3 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Nick Wright said it pretty well today.  The defenses aren’t anything over complicated but it’s almost like they are stuck in the mud.  How well are they actually preparing during the week?

I don't think their preparing the "right way". If they practicing to beat the 2 deep shell, then it'll show on GameDay. Pat would know exactly where to go, but it's the same thing since week 1. Wait, wait, scramble...

16 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

I don't think their preparing the "right way". If they practicing to beat the 2 deep shell, then it'll show on GameDay. Pat would know exactly where to go, but it's the same thing since week 1. Wait, wait, scramble...

Funny thing is that a cover 2 and or with a robber is a basic defense. Few wrinkles within is still basic. This means teams can play fast. I don’t get or understand how we are in week 7 and haven’t figured this out. 
with the defense we have we need to shrink games by owning the TOP and go from there. Reid needs to embrace that and fuck airing the ball out. Look at kamara tonight. That’s all we need to do. 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Funny thing is that a cover 2 and or with a robber is a basic defense. Few wrinkles within is still basic. This means teams can play fast. I don’t get or understand how we are in week 7 and haven’t figured this out. 
with the defense we have we need to shrink games by owning the TOP and go from there. Reid needs to embrace that and fuck airing the ball out. Look at kamara tonight. That’s all we need to do. 

Exactly. It's so basic and we go in each week looking surprised. 

We need a mold of Sean Payton to call plays for us. Our RB's need to be more involved

6 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Yup, it's like Reid is watching film on a different team every week.  Every damn team is playing the same damn defense,  yet every week the offense struggles to move the ball. 

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup, it's like Reid is watching film on a different team every week.  Every damn team is playing the same damn defense,  yet every week the offense struggles to move the ball. 

Funny, they showed the all 22 early after a 3rd down early in the game when we were down 7-0. Sent D Rob, Hill, and Hardman on streaking go routes and Kelce was the only one over the middle being doubled. No chance to even get to the sticks. You gotta question the gameplan at this point. Reid, did this in the SB and he's too stubborn to change.

12 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Funny, they showed the all 22 early after a 3rd down early in the game when we were down 7-0. Sent D Rob, Hill, and Hardman on streaking go routes and Kelce was the only one over the middle being doubled. No chance to even get to the sticks. You gotta question the gameplan at this point. Reid, did this in the SB and he's too stubborn to change.

Yup. Exactly  

6 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

How much of this might be tied to his whole world changing when they had their daughter?  Dumb question…just throwing it out there.

I don't think that's it. I think it was just him tired of bad stuff happening. He had the first down, it would have kept that drive going, and the guys comes and strips the ball out. 

I understand the offense's frustration with the defensive performance all year long but on Sunday it was the defense that showed some signs of life. Offense was dead lost from the first snap and there was literally 0 adjustments all game long. We were trying to do the same thing in the first drive as well as the last. Bolton in specific had more fire than the entire offense combined which is saying something considering the competitiveness of guys like Mahomes or Kelce. 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Been saying this shit. Run it traditionally. This oline is meant to block. Let them maul and THEN IT will open up the pass. 

I mentioned before. Line up under center with packs in I formation or split backs. Either hand off with a lead blocker FB or PA with the added FB for more protection while the RB flair for a check down. Old school. 

26 minutes ago, Calichief said:

His footwork is trash. But...It always has been right?

Andy needs to dial up some timing routes and start from there. 1 read, if not there, Check down.

Next play...same thing...All the way into the endzone. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

His footwork is trash. But...It always has been right?

Andy needs to dial up some timing routes and start from there. 1 read, if not there, Check down.

Next play...same thing...All the way into the endzone. 

That to me looks like he’s seeing ghosts. He dancing all over. Before anyone is close.