One Positive

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The draft class has some potential to be pretty good.  Would like to have a 1st rounder to go with Humphrey, Smith and Bolton, but they are looking pretty good right now.  Hoping Gray turns into something also. 

I agree. FAs and trades lately have been not so good

9 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I don't doubt Mahomes. My concern is the A A Ron Rodgers syndrome. He came out and won a SB quickly and looked All-World. It's been 10 years since. And again, I'm just happy he brought us one!

If Patrick has a career like Rodgers, I'll be happy. It's hard to win a SB. Gotta have a top notch QB, but it takes more than that. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

3 solid players out of any draft is a huge win. I think 2021 draft was by far Veach's best, by comparison I think all others were simply bad or terrible. Hopefully he builds on this year, we need to get some solid rookies to win another one. 

Here's our 2020 picks. Are there not 3 solid players from this group? Because you just said that 3 solid players from any draft is a huge win. So which is it? Is it a huge win or is it simply bad or terrible? Or somehow both?

Screenshot_20211027-055052_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Here's our 2020 picks. Are there not 3 solid players from this group? Because you just said that 3 solid players from any draft is a huge win. So which is it? Is it a huge win or is it simply bad or terrible? Or somehow both?

I think you could make the case that there are 5 solid players in that group.  

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

3 solid players out of any draft is a huge win. I think 2021 draft was by far Veach's best, by comparison I think all others were simply bad or terrible. Hopefully he builds on this year, we need to get some solid rookies to win another one. 

Well, he stopped reaching on his first picks trying to look smart and drafted the best players available with high floors and potentially high ceilings.   He only really reached for Kaindoh but that was later in the draft.   Hope he adopts this strategy moving forward.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I liked this draft at the time and talked myself into a rb in the first was ok because of Clydes skill set but have since gone back to the truth that rbs in the first are horrible decisions.   Regardless that draft has potentially landed us 4 future starters and one (current starter that should be depth) in Danna.   That’s a good draft.   Followed by a better draft imo considering we didn’t have a first rounder.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I liked this draft at the time and talked myself into a rb in the first was ok because of Clydes skill set but have since gone back to the truth that rbs in the first are horrible decisions.   Regardless that draft has potentially landed us 4 future starters and one (current starter that should be depth) in Danna.   That’s a good draft.   Followed by a better draft imo considering we didn’t have a first round pick.

I've come to the realization that the first round is just too valuable a pick to use on a position where you can find legit studs in mid to late rounds. I'm willing to admit I was wrong there.

The part that I think people here get confused is value relative to draft slot versus overall talent. CEH is not a bust. And he will be a good player for us. It's not his fault he was drafted rd 1. In rd 3 people would have called him a steal. And maybe that's where he belonged.

But CEH "the player" has talent. CEH " the 1st rounder" is an overdraft. 

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I've come to the realization that the first round is just too valuable a pick to use on a position where you can find legit studs in mid to late rounds. I'm willing to admit I was wrong there.

The part that I think people here get confused is value relative to draft slot versus overall talent. CEH is not a bust. And he will be a good player for us. It's not his fault he was drafted rd 1. In rd 3 people would have called him a steal. And maybe that's where he belonged.

Yup, I would've happy if CEH was taken in the 3rd..Not the 1st. total waste.

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sneed is solid and as long as he stays healthy and keeps playing I think Gay will become solid as well. Both Niang and Danna have nice potential but we need them to actually become decent players to be called solid. 

I think 2020 has potential and I like most of the picks but wouldn't call it a good draft without seeing the return.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Our best RB, best LB, best CB and best DE.  With a future starter at OT.  You should have picked another draft I think.

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Absolutely agree luv.   1st round picks need to be for the top tier positions unless it’s a once in a generation player.   WR, LB, RB, S, C, or Gs should be 1st round picks.   DE, OT, QB, DB, and the occasional DT regardless of what is on your roster.  Look at the Bills they kept stacking their Dline until they are loaded.   Every elite D has an elite pass rusher.   Can’t have one without it.   I’m with you luv 100%

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Our best RB, best LB, best CB and best DE.  With a future starter at OT.  You should have picked another draft I think.

Danna isn’t our best DE.  He’s a great depth piece but he’s a high motor backup.  Thankful for him and he is tremendous value there but he shouldn’t be starting for us.  Also RB, LB which were needs are low on the positional value chart.  Sneed saved this draft.

43 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Danna isn’t our best DE.  He’s a great depth piece but he’s a high motor backup.  Thankful for him and he is tremendous value there but he shouldn’t be starting for us.  Also RB, LB which were needs are low on the positional value chart.  Sneed saved this draft.

Sneed hasn't lived up this year. Can you blame him though?