I do not think the Chiefs are Done

I read a little bit on what Any Reid said the problem was on Orlando Brown.  The Titans really attacked the right side and went wide around Brown.  Mahomes got caught back deep as a result.  It does not mean that Brown does not need work.  He still does and I am not sure we can have a line that is going to protect Mahomes for 4 seconds.  

A few thinks that will help a lot.

1.  Jet sweeps and running the ball.  Put Hill in the backfield some and use him as a runner on occasion.  If the Defense is going to go 2 high, then we need to run plays that are going to yield 10-15 yards almost every time.  These will

2.  They need to make the teams stretch out.  They have to stop trying to run all verts.  I would go to having an H-back or a running back to stay and Chip (if necessary) and release out in the flat.  Run some quick slants and crossers.  Again , if they drop two safeties back, these types of plays are going to get you consistent yards.  Complete these at a higher rate and defenses will not stay back.  They will be forced to come up.  Then you can go deep.

3. Run the fucking ball.  We have maulers on the Offensive line.  The quickest way to slow a pass rush is to run the ball.  Our guys are set up for power.  Lets use them.  If the guy pass rushing on Browns side gets pushed wide and on a deep path to the QB,  that means he is way out of position against the run.  The Chiefs can be a very efficient run team.  I say give the 3rd string youngster a few reps more and or McKinnon. They are both explosive backs.  Nice change of pace from Williams.  

Offense is not the problem.  We play our cards right we can move the ball against anyone.  I think they completely underestimated Tennessee. They were banged up in the secondary and the Chiefs thought they would not give us any problems covering.  We have to assume every team is going to give us their best game of the year, so if they are hurt,  don't expect an easy day.  Tennessee , the game plan was poor and it showed.

Defense.  Bolton should be the starter at MLB from here on out.  Fenton , Sneed, and Ward need to be the corners moving forward.  Thornhill deep and the Honey Badger needs to be back in the Robber role and be roaming around.  

4 man rush is not cutting it.  We need to blitz more, it should look like the house is coming every time.  We can still pull back a bit.  Dropping back 6-7 guys and Sitting back in zone is not going to work.  Yes we may give up some big plays, but we already are.

Finally.  They need to play each game like it is the Playoffs.  You lose and you are out.  You play each quarter like it is a whole 60 minutes of football and bring it.  Energy has to be high.  

We do these things, we are going to be fine.  This team has the talent.  They may not be bulletproof, but if they are going to get anywhere. They are going to have to be aggressive.  The Chiefs want an Identity.  There it is.   Take it to the other team physically ,a bunch of body blows and when the opportunity arises.  Knock their asses out.  No mercy,  no taking the foot off the gas.  

For those of you going to the game.  Be loud, be proud.   GO CHIEFS

3 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I read a little bit on what Any Reid said the problem was on Orlando Brown.  The Titans really attacked the right side and went wide around Brown.  Mahomes got caught back deep as a result.  It does not mean that Brown does not need work.  He still does and I am not sure we can have a line that is going to protect Mahomes for 4 seconds.  

1.  Jet sweeps and running the ball.  Put Hill in the backfield some and use him as a runner on occasion.  If the Defense is going to go 2 high, then we need to run plays that are going to yield 10-15 yards almost every time.  These will

2.  They need to make the teams stretch out.  They have to stop trying to run all verts.  I would go to having an H-back or a running back to stay and Chip (if necessary) and release out in the flat.  Run some quick slants and crossers.  Again , if they drop two safeties back, these types of plays are going to get you consistent yards.  Complete these at a higher rate and defenses will not stay back.  They will be forced to come up.  Then you can go deep.

3. Run the fucking ball.  We have maulers on the Offensive line.  The quickest way to slow a pass rush is to run the ball.  Our guys are set up for power.  Lets use them.  If the guy pass rushing on Browns side gets pushed wide and on a deep path to the QB,  that means he is way out of position against the run.  The Chiefs can be a very efficient run team.  I say give the 3rd string youngster a few reps more and or McKinnon. They are both explosive backs.  Nice change of pace from Williams.  

Offense is not the problem.  We play our cards right we can move the ball against anyone.  I think they completely underestimated Tennessee. They were banged up in the secondary and the Chiefs thought they would not give us any problems covering.  We have to assume every team is going to give us their best game of the year, so if they are hurt,  don't expect an easy day.  Tennessee , the game plan was poor and it showed.

Defense.  Bolton should be the starter at MLB from here on out.  Fenton , Sneed, and Ward need to be the corners moving forward.  Thornhill deep and the Honey Badger needs to be back in the Robber role and be roaming around.  

4 man rush is not cutting it.  We need to blitz more, it should look like the house is coming every time.  We can still pull back a bit.  Dropping back 6-7 guys and Sitting back in zone is not going to work.  Yes we may give up some big plays, but we already are.

Finally.  They need to play each game like it is the Playoffs.  You lose and you are out.  You play each quarter like it is a whole 60 minutes of football and bring it.  Energy has to be high.  

We do these things, we are going to be fine.  This team has the talent.  They may not be bulletproof, but if they are going to get anywhere. They are going to have to be aggressive.  The Chiefs want an Identity.  There it is.   Take it to the other team physically ,a bunch of body blows and when the opportunity arises.  Knock their asses out.  No mercy,  no taking the foot off the gas.  

My new vision for this team is that they start to gain momentum, make the playoffs playing well, and the best game they play all season is the super bowl.  Winning of course.  I just keep envisioning that.  Sue me…

3 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

My new vision for this team is that they start to gain momentum, make the playoffs playing well, and the best game they play all season is the super bowl.  Winning of course.  I just keep envisioning that.  Sue me…

I still think 11-6 , my original prediction , is possible. Wild Card & Win it All. Harder than I envisioned?  Yes. Every human being , including superstar athletes, go through slumps and a little lack of confidence. Its life. This team can win it all with a 2018 level defense. Just no stupid offsides. 

We are what, 2.5 games out of first with 11 to play. Pat is 4th in yards and 3rd in TDS. Yeah, the O is fine. 

The D is perplexing. If they can get some stops we will get more possessions. Saunders and Wharton and Danna are plying well. Maybe start those guys. Gay and Thornhill should help. Agree with starting Bolton. 

The season is not over. We have seen this defense go from bad to good before. I don’t get Reed’s lack of effort. He is a FA next year. He should be playing his ass off. Get that big contract, then become Clark. Not the other way around.

28 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We are what, 2.5 games out of first with 11 to play. Pat is 4th in yards and 3rd in TDS. Yeah, the O is fine. 

The D is perplexing. If they can get some stops we will get more possessions. Saunders and Wharton and Danna are plying well. Maybe start those guys. Gay and Thornhill should help. Agree with starting Bolton. 

The season is not over. We have seen this defense go from bad to good before. I don’t get Reed’s lack of effort. He is a FA next year. He should be playing his ass off. Get that big contract, then become Clark. Not the other way around.

Lol...Reed is done.

I feel like we can all see positives, especially with the offense.  But the coaching staff ain't kicking in. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Isnt he a friend of Machine Gun Clark? Those two combined are a huge concern.

Actually Clark has a pressure rate of around 13-14% since he came back.  Jones is similar at DT.  Those are decent numbers.   For all those clamoring for Danna…..it’s like 3%.   Danna is a nice depth piece he shouldn’t be starting on any NFL team.   He has coverage sacks so please don’t throw those up.   We need another DE in a bad way.  That is the one piece that would help this D the most.   Saunders needs to play more, dude makes enough plays that he needs to be playing more than Nandi and Reed.   

4 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I like it. 
I think the offense is in trouble because the NFL defenses have caught up with the chiefs and there RPO game. I agree that we need to run the ball but we also need to get Pat under Center and have the ball come out on 3 step drop and or hand off. This will help o line and pat to get comfortable in the pocket. 

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Actually Clark has a pressure rate of around 13-14% since he came back.  Jones is similar at DT.  Those are decent numbers.   For all those clamoring for Danna…..it’s like 3%.   Danna is a nice depth piece he shouldn’t be starting on any NFL team.   He has coverage sacks so please don’t throw those up.   We need another DE in a bad way.  That is the one piece that would help this D the most.   Saunders needs to play more, dude makes enough plays that he needs to be playing more than Nandi and Reed.   

I was clamoring for Danna to take Jones DE spot and move Jones inside. 

Can you share your sources?  Last year Clark is a little like Sammy Watkins.  1/3 hurt, 1/3 invisible, 1/3 a dog.  Which Clark will you get this week. Last year he had a pressure rate of 9% which was 53rd among D linemen. 

Cover 2 buster- run the damn ball with conviction. Eat some clock. Take some pressure off the defense.

Yes the old offense was effective. Time to change it up.

The turnovers are not helping the defense either.

we have the toughest schedule remaining in the league.

I don’t see the fixes coming. I don’t see Andy running the ball. 

9-8 is where I’m going.

I think we are still in a very good shape to bounce back and make a push in the playoffs. There are lessons to be learned and if the staff do learn those I think this is still an unstoppable offense. Defense will eventually figure some things out and I think some corrections will light a fire under the entire group.

I think we get rid of the RPO, no team can run the ball with it and it's restricting the offense too much. 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Cover 2 buster- run the damn ball with conviction. Eat some clock. Take some pressure off the defense.

9-8 is where I’m going.

We have 5 more turnovers than the Jets, Jags, and I think the Giants each have.  17 total I believe.  Insanity.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think we are still in a very good shape to bounce back and make a push in the playoffs. There are lessons to be learned and if the staff do learn those I think this is still an unstoppable offense. Defense will eventually figure some things out and I think some corrections will light a fire under the entire group.

I think we get rid of the RPO, no team can run the ball with it and it's restricting the offense too much. 

Yea, mostly mental stuff on the offensive side. Mental stuff can be corrected..And that includes Reid's mental blocks with his reluctance to change back to an AS11 offense for awhile, at least until NFL defenses come out that prevent shit. 

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

9-8 is where I’m going.

Yeah going for 9-8 too. Fuck em if they want to play politics on defense. Thornhill should have been starting since day 1.. Niemann shouldn't be on the fucking field.. and Chris Jones playing on the outside is BULLSHIT

I see people clamoring to run the ball a lot more, put Patrick under center with 3 step drops, pretty much take what they give us underneath.

Are those the same people that couldn't wait to dump Alex Smith? Because that's pretty much 100% the game plan from when AS was our starter.

We can't keep Patrick in the fucking corral. He's a race horse. Let the man do what he does best.

What we need, is a fucking defense with a pulse boys. We need more pressure up the middle, we need better coverage, and we need to force some TOs. 

This ain't rocket surgery.

12 minutes ago, mex said:

I see people clamoring to run the ball a lot more, put Patrick under center with 3 step drops, pretty much take what they give us underneath.

Are those the same people that couldn't wait to dump Alex Smith? Because that's pretty much 100% the game plan from when AS was our starter.

We can't keep Patrick in the fucking corral. He's a race horse. Let the man do what he does best.

What we need, is a fucking defense with a pulse boys. We need more pressure up the middle, we need better coverage, and we need to force some TOs. 

I am not a football strategist by any means but I do know that Brady and many other greats get the ball out quick.  Mahomes seems to be sitting and sitting trying to find the deep passes.  Would it be beneficial to the O line to have the ball out quicker and mix it up w running?  Use Hill like the OP suggested and make the defense change their defensive game plan from the now standardized two over the top plan.  Wouldn’t that help to open up more big plays and get defenses on their heels again?

2 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I am not a football strategist by any means but I do know that Brady and many other greats get the ball out quick.  Mahomes seems to be sitting and sitting trying to find the deep passes.  Would it be beneficial to the O line to have the ball out quicker and mix it up w running?  Use Hill like the OP suggested and make the defense change their defensive game plan from the now standardized two over the top plan.  Wouldn’t that help to open up more big plays and get defenses on their heels again?

yeah... it would be easier on the OL and certainly Patrick. 

but that means we're turning Patrick into Alex.  Not saying that's a bad thing... just sayin'

I think a little of both might be in order... 

all that said... it's the defense we need to worry about

12 minutes ago, mex said:

yeah... it would be easier on the OL and certainly Patrick. 

but that means we're turning Patrick into Alex.  Not saying that's a bad thing... just sayin'

I think a little of both might be in order... 

all that said... it's the defense we need to worry about

Yes! Turning Pat into AS11 for awhile will allow him to do what he likes later in the game. But right now the league has taken what he likes to do away. So, him and Reid need to change it up. I agree with putting Pat under center more and running the ball more, and more of the traditional WC offense that we saw him execute in his early games in 2018. Quick 3 step drops, slants, screens and timing routes; 2 read routes and then dump to RB. Easy shit that defense is giving them.

The league is going to FORCE KC and Mahomes to be patient, and then hope for a TO, an Incompletion, a Sack or a Penalty before they score.

So far, the League has been winning. 

The defense? Well, that's a whole other story....

1 hour ago, mex said:

If you read how I have presented it, not that you aiming at me, I’m saying do it to soften the defense here and there: not change the offense.

the threat has to be there. They do not respect any of it from kc currently