I do not think the Chiefs are Done

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yes! Turning Pat into AS11 for awhile will allow him to do what he likes later in the game. But right now the league has taken what he likes to do away. So, him and Reid need to change it up. I agree with putting Pat under center more and running the ball more, and more of the traditional WC offense that we saw him execute in his early games in 2018. Quick 3 step drops, slants, screens and timing routes; 2 read routes and then dump to RB. Easy shit that defense is giving them.

The league is going to FORCE KC and Mahomes to be patient, and then hope for a TO, an Incompletion, a Sack or a Penalty before they score.

So far, the League has been winning. 

The defense? Well, that's a whole other story....

Exactly 

13 hours ago, Calichief said:

Cover 2 buster- run the damn ball with conviction. Eat some clock. Take some pressure off the defense.

Yes the old offense was effective. Time to change it up.

The turnovers are not helping the defense either.

we have the toughest schedule remaining in the league.

I don’t see the fixes coming. I don’t see Andy running the ball. 

9-8 is where I’m going.

I am leaning this way. I can see this team losing to Green Bay,Dallas, Chargers on the road and splitting with the Raiders. Just saying that last one makes me want to puke.

41 minutes ago, Calichief said:

If you read how I have presented it, not that you aiming at me, I’m saying do it to soften the defense here and there: not change the offense.

the threat has to be there. They do not respect any of it from kc currently 

Oh, I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. I just remember when Andy first took over, and how everyone hated dink and dunk

our problem is not the offense

the problem is our shithole defense putting the offense into an untenable position that is easier to defend, making opposing defenses look great, and worse, putting pressure on our offense making them look like shit

when opposing offenses are scoring at will, they don't need to respect our offense

just my .02

52 minutes ago, mex said:

Oh, I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. I just remember when Andy first took over, and how everyone hated dink and dunk

our problem is not the offense

the problem is our shithole defense putting the offense into an untenable position that is easier to defend, making opposing defenses look great, and worse, putting pressure on our offense making them look like shit

when opposing offenses are scoring at will, they don't need to respect our offense

just my .02

It was a big problem in the super bowl. They didn’t run. They didn’t adjust. Its been a problem here there this year. If they run it they can eat some clock and keep the defense off the field. Gb doing it to perfection tonight. Down all their wr weapons.

9 minutes ago, Calichief said:

It was a big problem in the super bowl. They didn’t run. They didn’t adjust. Its been a problem here there this year. If they run it they can eat some clock and keep the defense off the field. Gb doing it to perfection tonight. Down all their wr weapons.

Well see the problem is we don’t have a good RB. 

Veach fucked up that pick w/ CEH over Jonathan Taylor. And he fucked up the WR pick w/ Hardman over Dk Metcalf. Thought I’d mention this too. 

14 hours ago, DieHard said:

I was clamoring for Danna to take Jones DE spot and move Jones inside. 

Can you share your sources?  Last year Clark is a little like Sammy Watkins.  1/3 hurt, 1/3 invisible, 1/3 a dog.  Which Clark will you get this week. Last year he had a pressure rate of 9% which was 53rd among D linemen. 

It was a PFF stat shared on Twitter.  

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

GB wasn't ever down double digits. GB didn't have a struggling defense.  AZ had 4 possessions in the first half, and 3 punts.  Have we EVER forced 3 punts in 4 possessions in 2021?

If we can do that, our usual offensive gameplan gives us the W.

Running the ball/eating clock when you're down 10 with zero confidence in your defense is not an optimal tactic IMO

We can beat this subject into the ground, but until we start occasionally stopping someone, and maybe forcing a turnover or two, the offense is going to continue being on the hot seat.

catch-22 my brother

2 hours ago, mex said:

GB wasn't ever down double digits. GB didn't have a struggling defense.  AZ had 4 possessions in the first half, and 3 punts.  Have we EVER forced 3 punts in 4 possessions in 2021?

Running the ball/eating clock when you're down 10 with zero confidence in your defense is not an optimal tactic IMO

We can beat this subject into the ground, but until we start occasionally stopping someone, and maybe forcing a turnover or two, the offense is going to continue being on the hot seat.

catch-22 my brother

You must have not watched the Washington game where they prettymuch punted all if the end halfminus a missed fg. I believe we held Cleveland not to 3 out of 4 punts but did have 4 consecutive series with turnover on downs, fumble, punts etc. 

Also funny because we did indeed win these 2 games.

3 hours ago, mex said:

catch-22 my brother

All fair points. I’d like to see us start that way.