Melvin Ingram round 2?

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he's not the answer. Trading for him would be pure desperation

no one person is 'the answer'... but we need DL help right now. 

unless jones/clark start living up to their potential... which nobody around here seems to think will happen

3 hours ago, mex said:

no one person is 'the answer'... but we need DL help right now. 

unless jones/clark start living up to their potential... which nobody around here seems to think will happen

Agreed.  Okafor and Danna are qb pressuing at a whopping 2-3% rate.   Sorry to burst some peoples bubbles on here but Danna isn't better than Clark.  We need help.  Ingram is better than anything else out there.  Just bringing him in should get Clarks, Danna's, Okafor and Jones attention.   

I  also don't like it. Why couldn't this have got done before the season? On RGR he said the Chiefs offered more before the season than what he ended  signing for with the Steelers. 

These free agent players are starting to piss me off. I'm with OT & Mex, let chips fall were they may, and build through the draft. I'm sick of the Chiefs giving up draft picks. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I  also don't like it. Why couldn't this have got done before the season? On RGR he said the Chiefs offered more before the season than what he ended  signing for with the Steelers. 

These free agent players are starting to piss me off. I'm with OT & Mex, let chips fall were they may, and build through the draft. I'm sick of the Chiefs giving up draft picks. 

I believe the Steelers offered him to start and we didn't likely due to moving Jones to DE. 

2 hours ago, qnet said:

Dude can’t draft for squat anyways. 

And all those chips bout to fall right to Patrick once that contract kicks in next season. 

Win it now dude. The potential is there. 

8 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Dude can’t draft for squat anyways. 

And all those chips bout to fall right to Patrick once that contract kicks in next season. 

Win it now dude. The potential is there. 

Wow, the same rhetoric about not drafting well. Has he done a grand slam in every pick? No but there is a lot of good Ines in there. Just because you keep saying it does not make it true. Plus ok at his late round gems like Smith, Fenton etc and picking up other teams discarded guys like butker

Note this last class was not part of the article. I am sure you are mad at Bolton  Creed etc so far?

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/gallery/kansas-city-chiefs-2021-nfl-draft-gm-brett-veach-draft-picks-history/

8 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Classic stealers, thinking they are actually a contender when their qb is the corpse of ben rothlisberger 

at 3-3 and in their division I'd say they are better off now than the Chiefs in regards to being a wild card team.  IIRC they are playing the Browns with no Mayfield and is not Chubb hurt as well?

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

at 3-3 and in their division I'd say they are better off now than the Chiefs in regards to being a wild card team.  IIRC they are playing the Browns with no Mayfield and is not Chubb hurt as well?

I get your point. But the steelers have screwed themselves by trying to go 8-8 the last several years instead of trying to get a new qb. Even if the steelers sneak into the playoffs the odds that rothlisberger can win multiple playoff games is zero

So he wasn't worthy signing, but now potentially worth trading for? I'd think Veach would have another team to trade with for a DE of similar blah ability to save face.  Had to know he'd get roasted, the dude has balls and definitely could care less what fans think if he feels it will improve the team. Got to respect that. 

So how is potentially giving away more pick/picks for a aging DE for the rest of the year going to help us score more than 3 points against a middle of the road defense?

We have much bigger problems right now that have not been solved:

turnovers

LT playing badly

RT playing badly

QB playing badly

WR dropping passes

Coaching staff acting like they haven't seen a Cover 2 in their 30+ years of coaching

That's just the Offense

Rental DE should be on the backburner

Packers last night completely changed their offense with all those players out and they won.  Do you think our team could do that? Take out Hill and Kelce, do you think we score 24 points?

22 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

So he wasn't worthy signing, but now potentially worth trading for? I'd think Veach would have another team to trade with for a DE of similar blah ability to save face.  Had to know he'd get roasted, the dude has balls and definitely could care less what fans think if he feels it will improve the team. Got to respect that. 

yup

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Agreed.  Okafor and Danna are qb pressuing at a whopping 2-3% rate.   Sorry to burst some peoples bubbles on here but Danna isn't better than Clark.  We need help.  Ingram is better than anything else out there.  Just bringing him in should get Clarks, Danna's, Okafor and Jones attention.   

I wouldn’t put Danna in the same group as Oke. Danna has QB hits on 2.6% of snaps (I can’t find pressures), 3 sacks and a forced fumble. And plays every game. Not saying he is good, but definitely more productive than Clark.

6 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

So how is potentially giving away more pick/picks for a aging DE for the rest of the year going to help us score more than 3 points against a middle of the road defense?

We have much bigger problems right now that have not been solved:

turnovers

LT playing badly

RT playing badly

QB playing badly

WR dropping passes

Coaching staff acting like they haven't seen a Cover 2 in their 30+ years of coaching

That's just the Offense

Rental DE should be on the backburner

Packers last night completely changed their offense with all those players out and they won.  Do you think our team could do that? Take out Hill and Kelce, do you think we score 24 points?

Again, Pat is 4th in yards and 3rd in TDs. Terrible on picks and playing badly for him. But not playing badly compared to other QBs. We are kind of spoiled with his previous INT rate. He will be fine.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

Again, Pat is 4th in yards and 3rd in TDs. Terrible on picks and playing badly for him. But not playing badly compared to other QBs. We are kind of spoiled with his previous INT rate. He will be fine.

Funny, if this was Smith back in the day, people here would be praising him.