Melvin Ingram round 2?

12 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

So how is potentially giving away more pick/picks for a aging DE for the rest of the year going to help us score more than 3 points against a middle of the road defense?

We have much bigger problems right now that have not been solved:

turnovers

LT playing badly

RT playing badly

QB playing badly

WR dropping passes

Coaching staff acting like they haven't seen a Cover 2 in their 30+ years of coaching

That's just the Offense

Rental DE should be on the backburner

Packers last night completely changed their offense with all those players out and they won.  Do you think our team could do that? Take out Hill and Kelce, do you think we score 24 points?

You do realize this offense is scoring at an historic rate.  We have issues but we are a 0-1 TO game away from beating a good team by double digits.   The O will get it figured out and trading a 6th for a DE that adds some better pass rush ability is worth it.   A 4th or a 5th….absolutely not but they aren’t getting anything more than a 6 or 7

Yeah those historic 3 points last week are very fresh in my mind. Against the better teams this year we have gotten worse every game. Lost to the Ravens and Chargers by a score, then Bills by more than one, then the Titans by a ton. That's not going in the right way in my book. 

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I am warming up to him making a difference. Stealers put him at OLB in a 3-4. That is not how he should be used IMO. He is best suited to be a 4-3 DE. Time will tell but this is a good situation for him IMO. 

He has been a favorite defensive player of mine in the AFC West. Ingram, still has some juice he will change this defense purely with his leadership, attitude, and effort. 

24 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

He has been a favorite defensive player of mine in the AFC West. Ingram, still has some juice he will change this defense purely with his leadership, attitude, and effort. 

Can’t hurt at this point, but if he still has some juice left then he could make a bigger than hoped for impact.   Many don’t want to acknowledge it but Frank has been playing well as of late and CJ looks healthy after that wrist injury.   Our D could possible step up some and help as our offense gets back on track.   Or we could get boat raced by a team without their starting qb.

11 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He was pushing his guy around. His very first snap  he blew up the play.

we had to endure the OT game  with the Ravens..never saw the first  3-4 minutes and then it took almost till  1/2 time for me to figure out what a #24 was doing playing DE