Holy Instagram Fan Fighting Batman!

“In regard to the comment that [went viral], obviously, that was a mistake on my part,” said Mathieu. “I haven’t had the season that I’ve wanted to have. I think as a team, you could say the same. Frustration tends to build up. Obviously, people that really know me — teammates, people that I deal with in the community, even the fans I happen to come across in the gas station — I think all these people, I think they can see me being a genuine person. I shouldn’t have used those choices of words. I think I’m man enough to admit that and really own that. So, just look forward to playing better, doing better and I think, most importantly, not being a distraction to my team.”

Mathieu maintained that he wants to remain in Kansas City past 2021.

“No, not at all,” he said, when asked if he has reconsidered his outlook. “I’ve been through worse things in my life as a professional athlete. I’ve had harder moments than being 3-4. The aspirations of playing in the Super Bowl, so I won’t necessarily use that card. Like I said earlier, I think it’s just more so, just more frustration with the moment. I think, once again, I think people that really know me, people that communicate with me directly, they know I’m all in on Kansas City. I’m all in with my teammates, I try my best to be all in with the community, so I don’t think I can paint a clearer picture [that] I want to be here.”

Hard to believe this guy doesn’t care. The only thing wrong with HB is there is only one of him on this team.

36 minutes ago, DieHard said:

“In regard to the comment that [went viral], obviously, that was a mistake on my part,” said Mathieu. “I haven’t had the season that I’ve wanted to have. I think as a team, you could say the same. Frustration tends to build up. Obviously, people that really know me — teammates, people that I deal with in the community, even the fans I happen to come across in the gas station — I think all these people, I think they can see me being a genuine person. I shouldn’t have used those choices of words. I think I’m man enough to admit that and really own that. So, just look forward to playing better, doing better and I think, most importantly, not being a distraction to my team.”

“No, not at all,” he said, when asked if he has reconsidered his outlook. “I’ve been through worse things in my life as a professional athlete. I’ve had harder moments than being 3-4. The aspirations of playing in the Super Bowl, so I won’t necessarily use that card. Like I said earlier, I think it’s just more so, just more frustration with the moment. I think, once again, I think people that really know me, people that communicate with me directly, they know I’m all in on Kansas City. I’m all in with my teammates, I try my best to be all in with the community, so I don’t think I can paint a clearer picture [that] I want to be here.”

Hard to believe this guy doesn’t care. The only thing wrong with HB is there is only one of him on this team.

Nah, ALL BS!  He got ripped for it, and now is trying to spin!  if I were the owner of this team, he would be on the becnh at least the firt half to let him know, you can't bite the hand that feeds you!

17 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Nah, ALL BS!  He got ripped for it, and now is trying to spin!  if I were the owner of this team, he would be on the becnh at least the firt half to let him know, you can't bite the hand that feeds you!

But do you think he doesn’t care about the D’s poor play? And do you think he is the best safety on the team? The answer to those questions is the answer to whether you take him off the field. He didn’t react to criticism of him. He reacted to criticism of his team mate. What he thinks of us knuckle heads talking trash on players is irrelevant in my eyes. But I am only one set of eyes. I will be wearing my HB jersey at the game. Or Pats. They are both the leaders of my team. I got their back.

At least TM owned it. And at least he was defending Hitchens in the context of the post. If anyone was defending Frank “Uzi” Clark they’d lose a lot of cred, because that guy is straight up criminal in more ways than one. I don’t have anything personal against these guys, but Hitchens is a non factor on the field for a long time and we saw what a guy like Bolton can do. Hitchens is absolutely not someone above criticism, nor Clark.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

This is BS contract speak. His agent probably got all over him and Chiefs too. He said what he really feels on instagram.. It cost him Millions.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This is BS contract speak. His agent probably got all over him and Chiefs too. He said what he really feels on instagram.. It cost him Millions.

Maybe. I find it hard to believe HB listens to an agent. Have you seen his posts? His agent would be more upset about him saying I want to be a Chief. He was speaking from his heart defending his team mate and in his apology. That’s how he rolls. And as an agent, would I be pissed about him defending his team mate when I am selling him as a defensive leader? Come on man. Aren’t we just passed because we justifiably got called out?

13 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Maybe. I find it hard to believe HB listens to an agent. Have you seen his posts? His agent would be more upset about him saying I want to be a Chief. He was speaking from his heart defending his team mate and in his apology. That’s how he rolls. And as an agent, would I be pissed about him defending his team mate when I am selling him as a defensive leader? Come on man. Aren’t we just passed because we justifiably got called out?

Sorry I dont bye it. Regardless it cost him plenty whether with Kc or another team. If he had almost any other job he would be fired. You dont insult the cutomers and management.

So. Reid and the team in general warn players about this stuff. Reid was very careful with his response.

Speaking right after Mathieu, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid provided some of his thoughts on what transpires on social media between athletes and fans.

“These are emotional guys that love being Chiefs,” said Reid. “They take a lot of pride in each other. They protect each other and they do that whole thing. I do tell them, [social media] is a dangerous area, though, and we make that very clear. You’re really just talking to one guy, but now you’re talking to the whole world, and so we’ve got to do a better job with that in this case. I think Tyrann just told you that, and that’s how we address them prior to — during — training camp, we try to educate them on that. That’s a tough deal, though. As you know, in this day and age, I’m not real big on the whole thing, period.”

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Sorry I dont bye it. Regardless it cost him plenty whether with Kc or another team. If he had almost any other job he would be fired. You dont insult the cutomers and management.

A bit unrealistic, but I respect your opinion. Guess HB will not be on a team next year.

16 minutes ago, DieHard said:

A bit unrealistic, but I respect your opinion. Guess HB will not be on a team next year.

He will be on a team. Just a smaller contract. Teams give talent lots of chances. I think his big mouth cost him millions in salary including endorsements. Wont see as many HB jerseys. 

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He will be on a team. Just a smaller contract. Teams give talent lots of chances. I think his big mouth cost him millions in salary including endorsements. Wont see as many HB jerseys. 

The age of 30 will be why he has a smaller contract. I will miss him if he leaves.

13 minutes ago, DieHard said:

The age of 30 will be why he has a smaller contract. I will miss him if he leaves.

My prediction. This wont be the last time he pulls this BS while in KC. Probably get a one year prove it deal next year and not from KC. Clark Hunt may decide to not allow players who go public like that to be on his team. NO drama please.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

My prediction. This wont be the last time he pulls this BS while in KC. Probably get a one year prove it deal next year and not from KC. Clark Hunt may decide to not allow players who go public like that to be on his team. NO drama please.

I don’t think so. I think he’s a very valuable player. But I could be completely miss reading the reaction to this. 

10 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t think so. I think he’s a very valuable player. But I could be completely miss reading the reaction to this. 

He is valuable but a potential cancer. Whats he saying to players around him etc? Can you imagine Reid or Hunt saying something like that? No union to protect Reid. Reid is valuable and Reid would be gone. HB is no leader, not even close.

He is who he is!  He's a good safety, i would not call him great.  A leader would have been on Hitchens for saying what he said not on the fans for reacting!  You wanna bitch about fans, go get a drink and bitch, not on social media!  If you can't handle the big contract and the expectations, don't sign it!

21 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

3...2...1...my account got hacked.  

When you're the worst defense in the league and showing almost zero progress after 7 games then you better expect scrutiny.  Even more, turn off social media and the noise and focus on getting your shit together.  

What they are missing is because of the past the fans know what they can do and should expect nothing less. 

I agree.  Fans will be fans, you will always have a few knuckleheads.  They are professional athletes, part of their job is to keep the face of the franchise clean from public displays of blabber like this.  Don’t like it?  Don’t have public social media.  Simple as that. 

12 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

He is who he is!  He's a good safety, i would not call him great.  A leader would have been on Hitchens for saying what he said not on the fans for reacting!  You wanna bitch about fans, go get a drink and bitch, not on social media!  If you can't handle the big contract and the expectations, don't sign it!

This.  HB should have been on the phone or texting whatever to Hitchens telling him to be professional and not go public, but instead, he stupidly joined in.  He's now walking back his comments, which at least is something, though the damage is already done.  What about Hitchens though?  Last I knew, he hadn't shown any remorse, fake or otherwise.  So much for veteran leadership. 

I would be thrilled if Hitchens and HB were both gone next year.  And several others as well - Sorenson,  Neiman, Clark, DOD,  Watts,  Okafor, and maybe more.  Lots of deadwood. And since Andy won't be fired until after several more mediocre seasons,  maybe three new Coordinators,  too! 

Toxic fan base,  my butt!  Spoiled, coddled millionaires disrespecting the fans who pay the bills. They should keep a civil tongue.