Josh Jackson signing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/.amp/news/kc-chiefs-sign-former-packers-giants-cb-josh-jackson-to-practice-squad

Chiefs Sign (Another) Top-50 Pick Looking for Change of Scenery

The Chiefs have signed former Packers and Giants cornerback Josh Jackson to their practice squad. Jackson was the No. 45 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Interesting because I read at the time that this is the guy they traded up for and then drafted Speaks because the Pack took him at 45. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/.amp/news/kc-chiefs-sign-former-packers-giants-cb-josh-jackson-to-practice-squad

Chiefs Sign (Another) Top-50 Pick Looking for Change of Scenery

The Chiefs have signed former Packers and Giants cornerback Josh Jackson to their practice squad. Jackson was the No. 45 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Interesting because I read at the time that this is the guy they traded up for and then drafted Speaks because the Pack took him at 45. 

" One mans trash is another mans treasure."  No risk. Hope he contributes.

People want a dominant pass rusher and a shut down CB before the trade deadline. So do I. Who? And for how much? We have what, 2 mill to spend and need every 1-4 pick to be competitive in the future. It’s harder than we give Veach credit for. Swing for the fences on these kind of guys. Will he be Hughes, probably, but you don’t stop casting because you didn’t catch a keeper on the last cast.

11 minutes ago, DieHard said:

People want a dominant pass rusher and a shut down CB before the trade deadline. So do I. Who? And for how much? We have what, 2 mill to spend and need every 1-4 pick to be competitive in the future. It’s harder than we give Veach credit for. Swing for the fences on these kind of guys. Will he be Hughes, probably, but you don’t stop casting because you didn’t catch a keeper on the last cast.

Really surprises me that this kid hasn't been better. He was super well regarded coming out. The dude had almost 30 passes defended the year he declared. Thays twice as many as he has had in the NFL in 3 yrs. 

And dirty bird is right. Our CBs have largely played quite well over the past several years especially with minimal investment. 

18 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Really surprises me that this kid hasn't been better. He was super well regarded coming out. The dude had almost 30 passes defended the year he declared. Thays twice as many as he has had in the NFL in 3 yrs. 

And dirty bird is right. Our CBs have largely played quite well over the past several years especially with minimal investment. 

We have had very little investments in CB. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's all about quality depth.  I agree that our corners have played well, just imagine if they had any semblance of a pass rush to help them out.  

On 10/30/2021 at 4:30 PM, DieHard said:

We have had very little investments in CB. 

It just shows how high round picks at CB (or other positions for that matter) are crapshoots.  Our fans have been screaming for a high CB draft pick, but look at what that has gotten other teams.  Deandre Baker, Hughes, Now Jackson.  We  keep shooting craps.  Jackson has shown nothing in his three years. I think I will  reserve my excitement until I see something on the field, no matter how "athletic" he has been described. I would rather try ourselves and then give up and trade them to another team than be the recipient of another teams disappointment.  Disappointment seems to be the nature of our team right now.

27 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Another of Veach's lazy acquisitions at DB. He figures if they were high draft choices they must be good. Teams give high draft picks ample opportunity to contribute considering the investment in both draft value and money. If they dump them, there's a reason. 

I'm not so sure abut that. Sometimes it's the scheme, sometimes the coach or maybe just the guys around you  that can  turn a player around. Its a low risk venture so why not?

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I'm tired of time wasting low risk ventures. Let's get some players in here.

Yeah I mean look at Butker, Ward etc. No use having guys that can come off other practice squads when they have shown they can't make it on the other teams. Always churn the bottom and see what rises to the top 

8 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

he got torched again last night

Unfortunately, I saw that.  I don't know what the snap count was between him and Thornhill, but I just cannot see why he is being allowed to set foot on the field.  What is Spags thinking...if he thinks at all? I, too, really liked Sorenson until this year, because of those big hits he was known for that changed games around the last few years.

10 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Unfortunately, I saw that.  I don't know what the snap count was between him and Thornhill, but I just cannot see why he is being allowed to set foot on the field.  What is Spags thinking...if he thinks at all? I, too, really liked Sorenson until this year, because of those big hits he was known for that changed games around the last few years.

27 out of 60 possible for Sorensen. 45% of them he was in.

53 plays for Thornhill or 83% of the time he was in.

Season and per game snaps found here.

https://www.footballguys.com/stats/snap-counts/teams?team=KC&year=2021