Seth’s article

We are 10th in the league rushing and 5th in yards per carry. I definitely think if we increase the carries. I think only 3 active players have a better yards per carry than Clyde. And Williams is no joke either. I would love to see 25 carries a game.

Just now, DieHard said:

We are 10th in the league rushing and 5th in yards per carry. I definitely think if we increase the carries. I think only 3 active players have a better yards per carry than Clyde. And Williams is no joke either. I would love to see 25 carries a game.

Chiefs could use almost any RB and get good numbers. The defenses are begging KC to run and the oline is opening up some holes.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The thing I liked about Dick Vermeil is the balance the offense had. Trent could throw 4,000 yards and Priest Holmes, Derrick Blaylock, and Larry Johnson could run wild. I am tired of Andy’s shotgun obsession.

That was Brian Waters, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Marcus Spears, John Tait, Casie Wiegman. All on the same team. And the 32st ranked defense. And all those AFC championship games and Super Bowls we went to. I will take Andy every day and twice on Sunday.  

And brah. Blaylock? Clyde rushed for as many yards last year as he did in 5 years as a Chief.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

And if we are being complete honest...that game was the blueprint for how to defend us. We've been playing against light boxes ever since, and Reid STILL has not adjusted.

It is baffling.  I know Reid is smarter than me, or any other rube with an opinion, but geez.

This is a league of adjustments.  Coordinators catch up.  You have to match their adjustments.  Pat can still be Pat.  But, dust of the AS11 playbook and employ enough of it to force the safeties to move up.  Then take your shots.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

It is baffling.  I know Reid is smarter than me, or any other rube with an opinion, but geez.

This is a league of adjustments.  Coordinators catch up.  You have to match their adjustments.  Pat can still be Pat.  But, dust of the AS11 playbook and employ enough of it to force the safeties to move up.  Then take your shots.  

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

11 hours ago, SEMO said:

The AS11 playbook with a QB who has a cannon arm, great field vision, composure in the pocket, etc. could be a SB winner.

Not saying not to throw in wrinkles, eliminate all the shotgun, or trick plays. But we have road graders now. Let them impose their will.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

That was Brian Waters, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Marcus Spears, John Tait, Casie Wiegman. All on the same team. And the 32st ranked defense. And all those AFC championship games and Super Bowls we went to. I will take Andy every day and twice on Sunday.  

And brah. Blaylock? Clyde rushed for as many yards last year as he did in 5 years as a Chief.

Vermeil also did it with St. Louis and won it all. I am just saying, I appreciate the balance Vermeil created on offense. I prefer that style of offense to Andy. Both coaches have about equal NFL success.

12 hours ago, DieHard said:

I miss the Vermeil balance as well. It's not really comparison of coaches as Reid is already capable of doing so as he showed with Smith in town as well and he had some decent mentality with Hunt too.

The problem with Andy is twofold. 1. If the run isn't productive early on Andy usually dumps it. 2. If the team gets behind Andy usually dumps it. With our defense #2 is almost a guarantee. Also our RPO game is a joke. What good is an RPO when you never "R"? Also Pat's play action fake hand offs are a joke. 

33 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The problem with Andy is twofold. 1. If the run isn't productive early on Andy usually dumps it. 2. If the team gets behind Andy usually dumps it. With our defense #2 is almost a guarantee. Also our RPO game is a joke. What good is an RPO when you never "R"? Also Pat's play action fake hand offs are a joke. 

All true. I can't recall a play action by Pat that was close to looking like a real handoff. We need to fly DeBerg in for a few days to show him how it's done.

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The AS11 playbook with a QB who has a cannon arm, great field vision, composure in the pocket, etc. could be a SB winner.

Not saying not to throw in wrinkles, eliminate all the shotgun, or trick plays. But we have road graders now. Let them impose their will.

Just my opinion, but I think the RPO nonsense is part of the problem.  I don't understand Reid's obsession with shotgun any why he has such an aversion to put qb1 under center. 

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Just my opinion, but I think the RPO nonsense is part of the problem.  I don't understand Reid's obsession with shotgun any why he has such an aversion to put qb1 under center. 

Agreed. It's the best way to get Pat comfortable with his footwork in the pocket, and really get his lineman and him on the same page as far as pass protection. Plus play action has withstood the test of time. This gimmicky read option bullshit won't. 

100 Percent Reaction GIF

47 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agreed. It's the best way to get Pat comfortable with his footwork in the pocket, and really get his lineman and him on the same page as far as pass protection. Plus play action has withstood the test of time. This gimmicky read option bullshit won't. 

100 Percent Reaction GIF

Another miss IMO is the possibility of 3-step & 5-step play options. In the shotgun defenses are expecting a throw right from the snap so there's no room for surprise. 

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The stupidity of RPO as well is Pat is never a run first option to hold and run. He isn’t a threat like Lamar Jackson. The whole thing just slows progress and lets defenders freely pressure into the backfield.

Been saying this for a while.   It doesn’t allow the running back to gain momentum but allows the D to flow directly to the ball. If it’s used as a play action to set up a quick pass I can live with it but I don’t like the bulk of our runs coming from it.

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Been saying this for a while.   It doesn’t allow the running back to gain momentum but allows the D to flow directly to the ball. If it’s used as a play action to set up a quick pass I can live with it but I don’t like the bulk of our runs coming from it.

Having the RB so close to the line standing still when he touches the ball is pretty much the opposite of a decent run mentality and can't really have the line or the RB look good in such a scenario. 

We have all said it and maybe Reid does it but Pat needs to get under Center. We need two TE sets with the full back. Run and pass out of this formation. Pat needs a 3 step drop and ball out. 
u do this and the defense will change. 
we keep lining up in 3x1 sets and the defense will stay the same. 
This will get Pat comfortable in the pocket and allow tackles to do there thing.