Chiefs vs Giants? Your take and Predictions.

Defense played well. Bolton and Gay are looking GREAT. 

Both of their demeanors is aggressive where Gay is more enthusiastic and Bolton is more dead serious. 

Honestly look forward to watching the defense play now that Hitchens is out. 

Chris Jones and Frank Clark both stepped up and got their sacks. Loved seeing Jones back in the middle!!! Especially with Clark doing his shark thing. 

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Offense is fine. Patty can check it down when he needs to. Just doesn’t want to. 

Reid deserves our trust. Let’s see what happens next week now after a hard fought win at home on MNF. 

We said this last week..and the offense did the same shit...or should I say Pat and Andy. 

Pat bailed from some good pockets..again. Pat refused to throw the underneath stuff..again. Pat locked onto Hill/Kelce..again.  Reid refused to stick to the ground game..again...

They talk about what's going on in press conferences, but Reid only gameplans for the opening drive.

37 minutes ago, artsy said:

We said this last week..and the offense did the same shit...or should I say Pat and Andy. 

Pat bailed from some good pockets..again. Pat refused to throw the underneath stuff..again. Pat locked onto Hill/Kelce..again.  Reid refused to stick to the ground game..again...

They talk about what's going on in press conferences, but Reid only gameplans for the opening drive.

Da fuck ya talking about pardon my french 

Patty was checking it down all night to the RB 

A classic photo of Mahomes leaving the pocket for no reason. This was the last play before game winning FG. The tackles do a great job of running the DEs right by him then seal them. The interior has the DT taken care of. Mahomes sprinted left and DB #31 shot in and dropped him.large.20211101_202121.jpg.92251c693e2aec523e382d5d987147c7.jpg

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

A classic photo of Mahomes leaving the pocket for no reason. This was the last play before game winning FG. The tackles do a great job of running the DEs right by him then seal them. The interior has the DT taken care of. Mahomes sprinted left and DB #31 shot in and dropped him.large.20211101_202121.jpg.92251c693e2aec523e382d5d987147c7.jpg

No offense you can’t take a snap shot and pretend like that pocket existed for minutes.  That DE curls hard and he stepped to the left like many of us were crying about last week were he should have but he couldn’t get the ball to Kelce who cuts across the field to the left.   And that LB isn’t Niemann he closed in a hurry.  There has to be a designed play (slant or quick out) to give Mahomes a quick target.   He also clearly doesn’t want to force it or he would have thrown it to Kelce.  Maybe he’s gunshy or maybe he trusts the D a little more to not turn the ball over here and get the FG.    He isn’t playing great but this play wasn’t bad.

I think Mahomes had some happy feet in the pocket from time to time but a few were justified. However the offense was definitely lost out there, reminded me of the time with Crennel in charge (without the decent defense). I feel like Chiefs need to go all the way back to basics and identify what would work because this team is going nowhere with this offense and the defense just barely has some life. 

10 hours ago, azchief21 said:

It is also a three man rush with 8 dudes covering 5 and I am not seeing open players.

11 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Defense played well. Bolton and Gay are looking GREAT. 

Both of their demeanors is aggressive where Gay is more enthusiastic and Bolton is more dead serious. 

Honestly look forward to watching the defense play now that Hitchens is out. 

Chris Jones and Frank Clark both stepped up and got their sacks. Loved seeing Jones back in the middle!!! Especially with Clark doing his shark thing. 

The moment when I most wanted to throw a brick at the big screen was when Gay made a great play on second down and then trotted off the field so Neiman could come in to give up a first down on the next play.  Bolton may not be able to cover, but Gay can and should ahead of Neiman.  Guess Neiman is in there to get the defense organized better?  Oh, never mind. 

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

The moment when I most wanted to throw a brick at the big screen was when Gay made a great play on second down and then trotted off the field so Neiman could come in to give up a first down on the next play.  Bolton may not be able to cover, but Gay can and should ahead of Neiman.  Guess Neiman is in there to get the defense organized better?  Oh, never mind. 

It's what they are doing during the week. It's a personnel groupings dictated by down and distance. So during practice is when this needs to change.

Gay was drafted to be a 3 down guy. There is no reason he is coming off the field to make way for one of the worst LBs in the league.

Same with Sorenson. This package where he and Niemann come in on 3rd down is SCREAMING at the QB "Hey throw the ball here!!!" It's just really bad decision making by our staff, and the refusal to adjust is costing us big time.

This fear Reid has about making changes to his personnel is one of his downfalls. He just trusts his players too much sometimes. It's what we saw in the SB with the offensive line. 

10 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Da fuck ya talking about pardon my french 

Patty was checking it down all night to the RB 

What Da Fuck you talking about?

He was not checking it down all night. Had he been checking it down all night the offense would've played better. The checkdowns have to be taken ALL FUCKING NIGHT in order for the defense to respond. The Giants NEVER came out of that 2 deep shit all night. WHY?

Because they knew if they stuck to the plan the chiefs would either, Turn it over, get a penalty, throw an incompletion or take a sack.

So no, He DID NOT CHECK DOWN all night.  One or two drives is not all night.

And that is the problem with this offense. THEY ARE NOT PATIENT enough to stick with a gameplan that works. Reid won't run the ball enough and Pat wont take what the defense is giving him.....ENOUGH. If it has to happen all night, then so be it. 

What's more important? Deep shots downfield and stats or WINNING?

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep.  Taking the loss and keeping the clock moving was good football in that situation. 

He could take the loss after stepping up and letting his receivers run their routes and take a little more time off. My point is there is no reason to leave this pocket and he does it way too much. 

45 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

He could take the loss after stepping up and letting his receivers run their routes and take a little more time off. My point is there is no reason to leave this pocket and he does it way too much. 

i agree AZ. And there's a spy standing there watching him like a....Well, a SPY. It was only a 3 man rush with 7 covering and a spy so there really was nothing there. But, yes he I believe he bailed early.

The thing with Mahomes is he has the "clock" in his head like every other qb. It seems that once his alarm goes off Mahomes doesn't get rid of the ball, like a Brady, Rodgers, Manning etc...he scrambles or bails from the pocket. And just like someone mentioned earlier, he LOVES to scramble to his right. 

27 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Constantly 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

That's why he needs to step up which would make those DEs useless for a few more seconds. Watch Brady.

What Brady does great is that he manipulates the pocket so DE's don't know where he'll be at the end of his drop. Even in shotgun, he doesn't take an additional 5-7 step drop back like Mahomes. It seems DE's just rush 10yds upfield against us cause they know Mahomes' tendencies

1 minute ago, ChiefThunder said:

What Brady does great is that he manipulates the pocket so DE's don't know where he'll be at the end of his drop. Even in shotgun, he doesn't take an additional 5-7 step drop back like Mahomes. It seems DE's just rush 10yds upfield against us cause they know Mahomes' tendencies

I agree. Brady has pocket presence. He understands that a step sideways or forwards makes DEs whiff. Very subtle. Mahomes? Gone. You will never see Brady make the throws Mahomes does. He can't. Not physically capable of it. But he doesn't need to. Plays smart. Uses defensive aggression to his advantage. Let them get run 10 yards upfield by the tackles. They're taking themselves out of the play.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's what they are doing during the week. It's a personnel groupings dictated by down and distance. So during practice is when this needs to change.

Gay was drafted to be a 3 down guy. There is no reason he is coming off the field to make way for one of the worst LBs I the league.

Same with Sorenson. This package where he and Niemann come in on 3rd down is SCREAMING at the QB " Hey throw the ball here!!!" It's just really bad decision making by our staff, and the refusal to adjust is costing us big time.

This fear Reid has about making changes to his personnel is one of his downfalls. He just trusts his players too much sometimes. It's what we saw in the SB with the offensive line. 

I keep seeing images of Sorenson trailing behind a TE or mugging a receiver from behind on a long third down play or just being lost in coverage.  He's probably a nice guy and good teammate, but has he made a useful play since the fake punt two years ago?  Can Watts be any worse?  Any QB will see where Sorenson is playing and go that way with huge probability of success. 

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I agree. Brady has pocket presence. He understands that a step sideways or forwards makes DEs whiff. Very subtle. Mahomes? Gone. You will never see Brady make the throws Mahomes does. He can't. Not physically capable of it. But he doesn't need to. Plays smart. Uses defensive aggression to his advantage. Let them get run 10 yards upfield by the tackles. They're taking themselves out of the play.

Let's hope "Phat Pat" can "evolve" as a qb. I think he will, but there will be growing pains..as we can plainly see.