Von Miller to Rams

It’s maddening to me how quickly the Chiefs rise has started its decent.  While other teams are adjusting to schemes and strategies, the Chiefs have remained strong in their ways.  While other teams are doing everything they can to make super bowl runs the Chiefs keeps players like Jones, Hitchens, HB.  We keep signing other teams throw aways thinking we will find a diamond in the rough.  Now, I can’t even go into any game feeling confident we will even score 21 pts.

Just now, Mr Ev said:

It’s maddening to me how quickly the Chiefs rise has started its decent.  While other teams are adjusting to schemes and strategies, the Chiefs have remained strong in their ways.  While other teams are doing everything they can to make super bowl runs the Chiefs keeps players like Jones, Hitchens, HB.  We keep signing other teams throw aways thinking we will find a diamond in the rough.  Now, I can’t even go into any game feeling confident we will even score 21pts.

DWBH     its a slump not an event

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I think he is a free agent next year? Does he go back to Denver?

Rental for Rams for sure.  Denver gets two good picks and don’t have to pay what, 9mill?  Veach needs to decide is he’s playing to win this year or playing to build for next year.

41 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Rental for Rams for sure.  Denver gets two good picks and don’t have to pay what, 9mill?  Veach needs to decide is he’s playing to win this year or playing to build for next year.

Actually I read they WERE paying 9 mill of his salary for the remainder of the year, so the real reward is the two picks which with the way the Rams are playing, could be like getting an early third and 4th for him.

8 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Actually I read they WERE paying 9 mill of his salary for the remainder of the year, so the real reward is the two picks which with the way the Rams are playing, could be like getting an early third and 4th for him.

Yep you’re right.  I misread. 

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

I think Den would not have dealt Miller to Kc. Not sure who else would do a deal like that. My guess is Miller will be a Bronco next year. Rams may already know that.

8 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would not give up our 2nd and 3rd for a 32 year old DE in the last year of his contract. I know he could really help for half a season, but not worth the cost IMO.

The Rams have a better overall depth than KC so they can afford losing the picks a little easier than KC could.

37 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would not give up our 2nd and 3rd for a 32 year old DE in the last year of his contract. I know he could really help for half a season, but not worth the cost IMO.

Even if it nets them a SB win? 

I hate the Clark contract, but he played a big part in the playoffs getting the trophy after 50 years; I'd do it again. Stafford isn't a young pup so I respect the balls it took to pull the trigger on this. 

2 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

It’s maddening to me how quickly the Chiefs rise has started its decent.  While other teams are adjusting to schemes and strategies, the Chiefs have remained strong in their ways.  While other teams are doing everything they can to make super bowl runs the Chiefs keeps players like Jones, Hitchens, HB.  We keep signing other teams throw aways thinking we will find a diamond in the rough.  Now, I can’t even go into any game feeling confident we will even score 21 pts.

I guess you better just jump off the cliff now and don't forget to set your hair on fire for added effect. Yea this year is not going as we had hoped but I think it as growing pains even the longest of dynasties have down years to reload 

32 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

A 2nd and 3rd for an injury prone 32 year old rental pass rusher seems dumb to me. This is not the von miller of 6 years ago

I dont think you see the point.. SB is in LA it becomes a home game. They are trying to buy a SB much like  other teams have done in the past. LA is a brutal market and with the Bolts doing well they have them as competition along with the Lakers etc. With the Cards doing as well as they are they have to make bold moves. Stafford's shelf life is  almost over.. the future is now.

With the cast of characters around VM he could easily become  his old self  even if just for another 10-12 games. To be truthful I'm glad the Chiefs are not in the SB hunt as they cant match up to the Cards , Rams or even Packers

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I dont think you see the point.. SB is in LA it becomes a home game. They are trying to buy a SB much like  other teams have done in the past. LA is a brutal market and with the Bolts doing well they have them as competition along with the Lakers etc. With the Cards doing as well as they are they have to make bold moves. Stafford's shelf life is  almost over.. the future is now.

With the cast of characters around VM he could easily become  his old self  even if just for another 10-12 games. To be truthful I'm glad the Chiefs are not in the SB hunt as they cant match up to the Cards , Rams or even Packers

I believe we can right the ship, be in the SB hunt and match up well with anyone. Just takes us to get hot at the right time and we can be unstoppable on offense, to match the horrendous play of the defense that looks to stay all year long. 

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

Who was carried off the field last week. Don’t forget.

14 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I hate the Clark contract, but he played a big part in the playoffs getting the trophy after 50 years; I'd do it again. Stafford isn't a young pup so I respect the balls it took to pull the trigger on this. 

It is probably worth it if he helps them win a Super Bowl, but its all or nothing. If they don't win it and watch Von Miller, their 2nd and their 3rd at Broncos training camp, that would be tough.  The Rams are all in. They have traded away their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th next year. Very aggressive.  

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

It is probably worth it if he helps them win a Super Bowl, but its all or nothing. If they don't win it and watch Von Miller, their 2nd and their 3rd at Broncos training camp, that would be tough.  The Rams are all in. They have traded away their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th next year. Very aggressive.  

HOLY CRAP!

16 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If they think Miller is the only missing piece from the SB push it makes perfect sense. But that's still a risk for any GM and could have repercussions. I don't think such an investment is an option for the Chiefs at this point. 

46 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

The Lambs get Von for half a season to try and close out their Super Bowl run, Elway gets 2 decent draft picks to squander in April, and Von will likely resign with the Broncos again anyway.

It's probably a win-win for both teams.

I’m not even convinced they will even win!  Lol!  Whoever comes out of the NFC will probably win the SB, IMO.

50 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

The Lambs get Von for half a season to try and close out their Super Bowl run, Elway gets 2 decent draft picks to squander in April, and Von will likely resign with the Broncos again anyway.

It's probably a win-win for both teams.

Definitely a win for the Broncos no matter what happens.  

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Definitely a win for the Broncos no matter what happens.  

Donkey’s will be much better come next season.  I also think they beat the Chiefs once if not twice this season.