Mahomes Looks Tired

9 minutes ago, artsy said:

IMO,  Mahomes is essentially learning how to play QB..again. He has to step up in the pocket, be decisive, set his feet and launch. These are things I've never really seen him do consistently at Texas Tech or KC. On top of that, teams are taking away the things he likes to do and finally he doesn't trust the oline enough to stand Tall in said pocket. That's why he looks so damn uncomfortable back there...

Oline is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. There is a pocket there. Sometimes he needs to slide instead of run.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Oline is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. There is a pocket there. Sometimes he needs to slide instead of run.

Yes, I agree. I also believe that they (KC Coaching staff) knew exactly what they were getting with Brown Jr. The best Brown can do is wash his guys up and around Pat, and Pat has to step up and slide left or right....and like you said not RUN. 

It appears that he's trying tho. Watching Pat this year is telling me a lot about him. I can see he is clearly struggling, but I think he will get through it and become an even better qb. I just have to remember that he is a young guy, and it's gonna be ugly sometime..

22 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Exactly. He’s not staying put even with a perfect pocket. The scheme seems to have no Rhythm lately. It’s all over the place. 

My coaches used to yell at me when I would leave the pocket for no logical reason.  The reason QBs do this is because they aren't comfortable throwing stationary from a collapsing pocket.  Mahomes is going to have to evolve as a QB if he wants to stay elite in the NFL. 

If he hyper-focused on his pocket skills, he would be damn-near unstoppable.

Listening to 610 sports radio right now.  Mahomes was supposed to be giving an interview this evening, but they said he would not be on “due to a scheduling issue”…..

I am not certain what it is, but something is going on with Patrick.  I see it in his eyes, his play, and his energy.   

Mahomes has given us so much the past 3 - 4 years.  He’s seems like a really good person.  I never thought I would see a Chiefs SB win in my life time & Mahomes has given this fan 2 SBs & 3 straight AFC Championships.

I hope Patrick & his family are ok.