Melvin Ingram

Chiefs acquired LB Melvin Ingram from the Steelers. 

Ingram, 32, has seen a reduction in playing time as the 2021 season has worn on. He was clearly unhappy in Pittsburgh and will join a Chiefs defense that has pressured the passer at a 23 percent clip this season, the 12th lowest in the NFL. 

20 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Big deal!  This team SUCKS so bad right now!  It is almost embarrassing how bad this team is.  How many penalties did we have last night.  More friggin turnovers, not running the ball after it proved very successful.  Just ridiculous how bad it is.

I agree but I’m still holding out hope we start to roll.

3 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Idiot

Yep.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police report Raiders WR Henry Ruggs will be charged with DUI resulting in death after Tuesday morning's fatal car crash.

The preliminary investigation indicates that the front of Ruggs' Chevrolet collided with the rear of the departed's Toyota. The 22-year-old reportedly remained on the scene and showed signs of impairment following the collision, eventually being transported to UMC hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries and charged with DUI resulting in death, a Category B felony offense in Nevada with a minimum of two years in state prison and a maximum of 20 years. This is an ongoing investigation that could result in the end of Ruggs' career.

48 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

He has secrets, pictures and video of Andy and/or Veach and/or Spags.  Only explanation. 

I’m watching again right now. I’m shocked at how many times they were both out there in key situations. Mind bending. Thornhill, Bolton, and gay on the bench.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

I’m watching again right now. I’m shocked at how many times they were both out there in key situations. Mind bending. Thornhill, Bolton, and gay on the bench.

I think I know the inside story on this. Spags is throwing just enough games to get the Chiefs betting odds of winning in his favor. Then he will bet heavy on KC to win while benching those bums. LOL

Ingram’s prorated salary will cost Kansas City just $597,222 for the rest of the season. That number is part of the reason that Ingram was so appealing to the Chiefs, as they were in a bit of a cost-prohibitive search at the trade deadline. Even before the trade, they were hard-pressed for cap space, but now they’re going to be up against the cap.

According to the NFLPA’s public salary cap report, K.C. had just $1.65 million in salary cap space available ahead of the trade. After the trade to acquire Ingram, Chiefs GM Brett Veach will have just $1.05 million to play with for the remainder of the season.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Jones looked so much more comfortable and effective from the tackle spot. We shall see.

The push from the center was there. Good to see that and now hopefully more sacks will come.  I did hear that announcers saying how Clark is not full strength with his hammy issues. IDGAF, he still needs to go. I bet though he turns it on last part of the season and suckers someone into a high contract.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

The push from the center was there. Good to see that and now hopefully more sacks will come.  I did hear that announcers saying how Clark is not full strength with his hammy issues. IDGAF, he still needs to go. I bet though he turns it on last part of the season and suckers someone into a high contract.

I think I saw Clark limping after the last sack and onto the field after the game was over.  Any news on that?