Kind of a hot take on Mahomes

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

The problems with Oat so they say is bad footwork, bails out of the picket, tries to make a play instead of just taking a sack, takes the deep ball instead of checking down. Pretty much everything he was doing when he got 5000 and 50

All this was BEFORE,

1. they started playing 2 Deep shell coverages every single down,

2. double teaming Reek AND Kelce, every single down. 

3. Brown and Niang were our tackles

4. We got rid of Hammie Watkins (a viable 3rd option)

And several other factors..There's a lot of reasons that his previous style of play is not working. It's not just him.

I am dumbfounded....We are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL and we lead the league in turnovers.

I would not trade Pat Mahomes for any other NFL QB- bar none- and who the fuck is Dan O and even better- who cares what he thinks.

The Chiefs need to protect the football, stop with the dumb ass penalties and replace Dan Sorenson with Juan Thornhill for a start.

w

17 minutes ago, West said:

I am dumbfounded....We are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL and we lead the league in turnovers.

I would not trade Pat Mahomes for any other NFL QB- bar none- and who the fuck is Dan O and even better- who cares what he thinks.

The Chiefs need to protect the football, stop with the dumb ass penalties and replace Dan Sorenson with Juan Thornhill for a start.

w

The Dan sorenson thing concerns me the most. Are these guys blind? It’s costing them games. And making games closer than they should be. Single handedly 

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Thanks. Its the tone of the response that I object to. No need to be insulting or angry. 

Don't think anyone's ever been angry about your posts.  I think you may also read tone or intention that may not be there.  But you can't say some of the stuff you put out there and not expect people to respond, then hide behind the "hey what do I know" response.  I mean you can, but I'ma call you out on it cause you know, I'm the Royal Lord High Jerkwad.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

The Dan sorenson thing concerns me the most. Are these guys blind? It’s costing them games. And making games closer than they should be. Single handedly 

I will say (not agreeing with it) that we run a lot of 3 safety sets. And we only have 3 safeties and a special teams guy. I wish Watts would have taken a spot this year. I think he must be toast.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

All this was BEFORE,

1. they started playing 2 Deep shell coverages every single down,

2. double teaming Reek AND Kelce, every single down. 

3. Brown and Niang were our tackles

4. We got rid of Hammie Watkins (a viable 3rd option)

And several other factors..There's a lot of reasons that his previous style of play is not working. It's not just him.

This is correct, and absolutely the point.  The geniuses in the media now want to point out the fact that Mahomes is mechanically a pocket robot like other QBs.  A year ago, 2 years ago, they were lauding these things as "unorthodox" and he's "revolutionizing the position".  So which is it?  Is his footwork suddenly different than it was 2 years ago?  Nah.  He's the same QB on that front.  He's not getting help.  Of course, he's made some bad throws that got picked, I don't know anyone that would dispute that, but 4-5 of them at least have been on tipped balls because of stupid receiver mistakes.  FFS just last week he was the victim of a ricochet off of McKinnon's facemask.  Kemp screwed him once in the end zone, Tyreke has done it twice, one of which was a gift wrapped pick 6.  Those are inexcusable mistakes that statistically get credited to the QB despite them not being his fault.  Throw in the fact that no other receivers can beat man coverage when Kelce and Hill and bracketed and doubled, and you have a lot of things happening all at once.  I think there's a reasonable case that could be made that Pat is in his own head as well, but he was doing all of the same stuff last year and the year before and having success, so the idea that things are happening because he's not setting his feet or something else is just stupid.  

25 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I think there's a reasonable case that could be made that Pat is in his own head as well, but he was doing all of the same stuff last year and the year before and having success, so the idea that things are happening because he's not setting his feet or something else is just stupid.  

Imagine how much of this could be mitigated by a HC who looked at game film and said "Hey! There's all kinds of room for us to run the ball. This gives me an idea. Let's run the ball!"

Those safeties start coming down to stop us from gashing them on the ground, and all of a sudden Hill and Kelce aren't doubled and are open again. Fucking thought.

The stupidest part about it is that Reid seems to stick with throwing the ball 70% of the time because it's fun. There's no other excuse. There's noway a guy this smart can't figure this out. He just flat likes to call pass plays.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I will say (not agreeing with it) that we run a lot of 3 safety sets. And we only have 3 safeties and a special teams guy. I wish Watts would have taken a spot this year. I think he must be toast.

There’s are more options. I don’t think Watts is toast. I think it’s hard for them to swallow this. Run extra corners out there. Fenton ward sneed baker and tyrann 

3 hours ago, xen said:

Thornhill is already starting at free safety.  Y'all want him to play 3rd safety too? 

I mean I guess we could clone him.  🤷‍♂️

Thornhill is getting starts but Sorenson is still getting toasted at critical times, in critical situations. Cut Sorenson and sign anyone off the street. Anyone

3 hours ago, xen said:

Thornhill is already starting at free safety.  Y'all want him to play 3rd safety too? 

I mean I guess we could clone him.  🤷‍♂️

Throw another db out there.. lol anything else. Please. Baker or Hughes, shit, put Saunders out there. Dude has athletic ability. I’m sure he can cover better than Dan.

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Thornhill is getting starts but Sorenson is still getting toasted at critical times, in critical situations. Cut Sorenson and sign anyone off the street. Anyone

They did, Josh Jackson. He is about 205 pounds. I think he could be a safety

Brown isn’t giving Mahomes confidence. The fact they have the RB actively chip the DE inside to him every game says a lot. Niang and Remmers are backup material. Brown should probably be moved to RT if we keep him at all. He isn’t a LT. Fisher may not have been spectacular, but he was at least an average starting LT.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Imagine how much of this could be mitigated by a HC who looked at game film and said "Hey! There's all kinds of room for us to run the ball. This gives me an idea. Let's run the ball!"

Those safeties start coming down to stop us from gashing them on the ground, and all of a sudden Hill and Kelce aren't doubled and are open again. Fucking thought.

The stupidest part about it is that Reid seems to stick with throwing the ball 70% of the time because it's fun. There's no other excuse. There's noway a guy this smart can't figure this out. He just flat likes to call pass plays.

Couldn’t agree more. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Absolutely.  The linebackers are breaking back on the snap.  Instead of the RPO, just man up and go hit someone in the mouth.  I don't understand why Reid seems so unwilling to help out his QB. 

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Brown isn’t giving Mahomes confidence. The fact they have the RB actively chip the DE inside to him every game says a lot. Niang and Remmers are backup material. Brown should probably be moved to RT if we keep him at all. He isn’t a LT. Fisher may not have been spectacular, but he was at least an average starting LT.

Agreed. Chiefs still control Brown. They can show him the money at RT where that strengthens our line.  Still have to see how Niang comes along, even Brown at LT for the year. If anything Brown goes to RT and we then need a LT.

I bet Fisher would look much better next to Thuney if we need a stop gap that knows the system too. Money will be tight to get a good FA at LT or the draft can be had too.