Kind of a hot take on Mahomes

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Brown isn’t giving Mahomes confidence. The fact they have the RB actively chip the DE inside to him every game says a lot. Niang and Remmers are backup material. Brown should probably be moved to RT if we keep him at all. He isn’t a LT. Fisher may not have been spectacular, but he was at least an average starting LT.

Brown isn't giving anyone confidence.  You know it's killing Reid to have to chip with a RB because it slows the play development.  I wonder what the chances are that we go LT at the top of the draft next spring?

In addition to the brown not giving him confidence, which i agree with, i also think mahomes is injured.

he looks to me to be slightly limping, I don’t know if his foot surgery didn’t take, or he re-aggravated it or what, but i wont be surprised if they announce another foot surgery after the year.

im hoping that explains a lot of the poor accuracy and inability to air the ball out like he use to, and its not some shoulder thing. 

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Agreed. Chiefs still control Brown. They can show him the money at RT where that strengthens our line.  Still have to see how Niang comes along, even Brown at LT for the year. If anything Brown goes to RT and we then need a LT.

I bet Fisher would look much better next to Thuney if we need a stop gap that knows the system too. Money will be tight to get a good FA at LT or the draft can be had too.

If they put him at RT and franchise him, he will just hold out. That was the reason he asked for a trade to begin with. If they offer him RT money on an extension he will turn it down. This situation is really tough.

14 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I don't understand why Reid seems so unwilling to help out his QB. 

I don't think it's so much that he's unwilling to help Mahomes. I think he's still caught up in the Mahomes effect. Patrick can do anything. So he calls the same plays, Patrick scrambles immediately and tries to improvise. The defenses have figured Pat and Andy out. Drop 7 or 8. 2 deep. Nothing over the top.  Double Hill/Kelce make the other receivers beat them and they can't 

20 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I don't understand why Reid seems so unwilling to help out his QB. 

I don't think it's so much that he's unwilling to help Mahomes. I think he's still caught up in the Mahomes effect. Patrick can do anything. So he calls the same plays, Patrick scrambles immediately and tries to improvise. The defenses have figured Pat and Andy out. Drop 7 or 8. 2 deep. Nothing over the top.  Double Hill/Kelce make the other receivers beat them and they can't 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If they put him at RT and franchise him, he will just hold out. That was the reason he asked for a trade to begin with. If they offer him RT money on an extension he will turn it down. This situation is really tough.

Yes but if he is shown he was given the opportunity at LT and it did not go well,  he will not make more money else where. He may get another shot but if it is on a shitty team then he will see that losing sucks. A good to great team will see his body of work and most likely pass. RT may be where the money is for him and the opportunity to stay on a winning team.

Plus we can tag and he can sit if he chooses, which works against him too. If anything you can tag and trade and get more picks.  Then we have one less guy to pay and go after another LT in FA or draft while leaving Niang at RT.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Agreed. Chiefs still control Brown. They can show him the money at RT where that strengthens our line.  Still have to see how Niang comes along, even Brown at LT for the year. If anything Brown goes to RT and we then need a LT.

I bet Fisher would look much better next to Thuney if we need a stop gap that knows the system too. Money will be tight to get a good FA at LT or the draft can be had too.

Eric Fisher was a great pass blocker. I think we all underestimated him. Brown will be fine, just need to run the ball. Playaction under center, etc.

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

Brown isn't giving anyone confidence.  You know it's killing Reid to have to chip with a RB because it slows the play development.  I wonder what the chances are that we go LT at the top of the draft next spring?

I hope slim and none.   We need a DE worse than bad because we can’t afford to keep Frank and we have no one behind him nor do we have any depth.  

43 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well in his defense he was an extremely good RT.

In the same run heavy scheme.   I don’t think either side in our offense bodes well for him.   I do think Niang can be a starter for us but that leaves us again needing a starting LT next year.   Also we need 2 DEs, CB, and a wr plus Hills extension.   Talk about all the premium positions coming into one off-season…yikes.   

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I hope slim and none.   We need a DE worse than bad because we can’t afford to keep Frank and we have no one behind him nor do we have any depth.  

Danna and Kaindoh are likely our depth and they should be. A 4th and 5th rd pick respectively SHOULD provide depth. I know it sounds ridiculous to call Kaindoh depth when we haven't seen him much, but KPass was depth here for several years and he was a bum. There's gonna need to be several 1 yr stopgap on our defense next yr. 

Regarding the original post ...

I stopped taking Dan Orlovsky seriously when he said of Mahomes after he was drafted, " If I could get my hands on him I would teach him the difference between being a passer and someone who throws the football " Dan Orlovsky's hall of fame credentials as a quarterback certainly gives him credibility.🤨

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

The brown thing is way over blown imo. Pat is making him look bad quite a bit. We all know he’s having trouble in the pocket at this moment.

He’s getting pushed into Mahomes quite a bit as well not just beat around the edge.  I think we might be a bad scheme for for him.   I hope Mahomes gets his issues figured out and Brown plays better but after 8 games I’m starting to wonder.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

The brown thing is way over blown imo. Pat is making him look bad quite a bit. We all know he’s having trouble in the pocket at this moment.

Thank you for seeing it. He has struggled some in pass pro but Reid and Mahomes are the reason he looks so bad right now.

If we'd run more (run blocking is his strength) he wouldn't be as exposed, and it would obviously open up things downfield so Mahomes wouldn't see his favorite targets bracketed.

Then if Mahomes was getting the ball out and not seeing everyone blanketed, Brown wouldn't need to block edge rushers as long.

It all stems from Reid and Mahomes not being willing to take what the defense gives.

47 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He’s getting pushed into Mahomes quite a bit as well not just beat around the edge.  I think we might be a bad scheme for for him.   I hope Mahomes gets his issues figured out and Brown plays better but after 8 games I’m starting to wonder.

I don't think Brown has been bad across the board. But he certainly hasn't been consistent. Some of that might be contributing factors like how far back Pat drops for example. He is learning his craft on a different type of offense. If he doesn't show improvement by the end of the season there should be no reason to extend him.

51 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I don't think Brown has been bad across the board. But he certainly hasn't been consistent. Some of that might be contributing factors like how far back Pat drops for example. He is learning his craft on a different type of offense. If he doesn't show improvement by the end of the season there should be no reason to extend him.

His struggles are quite the exaggeration 

6 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Our offense would look better if 90% of the snaps were not from the gun with spread formations causing tackles to be isolated. That is 100% Andy. Even so, I’d rather have a healthy Fisher than Brown.

This.