Kind of a hot take on Mahomes

On 11/4/2021 at 7:49 AM, Calichief said:

The brown thing is way over blown imo. Pat is making him look bad quite a bit. We all know he’s having trouble in the pocket at this moment.

Pat has been so bad that Andy Reid is actively chipping to Brown's side with a RB regularly.   Right....  

If Pat is making him look so bad, why haven't we had the same issue on the right side?  I mean, if the issue is the QB and his use of the pocket, then both tackle positions should be struggling mightily.  I can't even tell you who played right tackle in the last game because their number wasn't called once.  Was it Remmers or Niang?  

Brown has feet that move like he's standing in mud.  Mahomes has struggled with certain things, but Brown has failed to even touch the defender on numerous snaps.  

52 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Pat has been so bad that Andy Reid is actively chipping to Brown's side with a RB regularly.   Right....  

If Pat is making him look so bad, why haven't we had the same issue on the right side?  I mean, if the issue is the QB and his use of the pocket, then both tackle positions should be struggling mightily.  I can't even tell you who played right tackle in the last game because their number wasn't called once.  Was it Remmers or Niang?  

Brown has feet that move like he's standing in mud.  Mahomes has struggled with certain things, but Brown has failed to even touch the defender on numerous snaps.  

It can be both

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Seriously? You haven't seen some of Niangs troubles in pass pro?

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Early in the season, yea.  There were times that he was outright dogshit.  Whatever happened that got Remmers back into the lineup, whether it was Niang's health or suckage or whatever, that happened, then Remmers came in and seemed to do ok, then Remmers was out with injury, and obviously Niang did fine.  Right tackle has been fine for the last 3 or so games, but the left side has still not been.  I don't recall Reid asking RBs to chip on the right.  

AFCWEST,  the hostility that you have faced on this board is not just in your head and it is not justified by your posts, regardless of what some of the people on this board say.  I  have been on this board longer than most, and remain even though many of the earlier, knowledgeable posters are now gone.  The board is what it is. Some guys are decent,  smart,  and polite. Others are anything but.  I still learn a little here now and then,  but seldom post as I  did in the early years.  I welcome your presence and often enjoy your posts.  Ignore the jerks,  buddy. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

AFCWEST,  the hostility that you have faced on this board is not just in your head and it is not justified by your posts, regardless of what some of the people on this board say.  I  have been on this board longer than most, and remain even though many of the earlier, knowledgeable posters are now gone.  The board is what it is. Some guys are decent,  smart,  and polite. Others are anything but.  I still learn a little here now and then,  but seldom post as I  did in the early years.  I welcome your presence and often enjoy your posts.  Ignore the jerks,  buddy. 

Kristen Bell Awww GIF

On 11/5/2021 at 10:55 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

He's definitely a huge step down from Schwartz but Brown has been making Fisher look all-pro. I think the OT has went from being the solid part of the line to a liability compared to the interior but overall I like Niang the most among our tackles as he has been getting better. 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

For people over blowing Brown.

Overblowing?  He has not been good, and if we're going to discuss pff giving him a high grade for one game, we have to discuss that the same pff has him well down the list for the season.  I don't sub to that, but I did see a copy and pasted version a week or 2 ago and his overall pff grade was below both of our right tackles.  

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Overblowing?  He has not been good, and if we're going to discuss pff giving him a high grade for one game, we have to discuss that the same pff has him well down the list for the season.  I don't sub to that, but I did see a copy and pasted version a week or 2 ago and his overall pff grade was below both of our right tackles.  

4th in yards. 3rd in TDs. In the league this year. You were saying something about PFF grade?

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Mahomes isn’t doing him any favors. This week will be a test with yannick and Crosby. Again, néw position,  new qb, new offense etc. he’s coming along 

16 hours ago, Calichief said:

New position, new scheme, qb who won’t stay in the pocket.. he’s going to be here next year

It's a matter of economics. I doubt he gets an extension in the offseason without dominating the rest of the way and a tag would be more likely which could lead to a trade based on how much he meets the expectations. 

• 3 weeks later...

I do find it funny how people drug Mahomes hard after his rough little patch but its silence when Josh Allen, LJ, Herbert, and Stafford suck eggs for the better part of a month.    I also find it funny we have a 4 turnover game and lose by under a score.    Titans have 4 TO's and get blown out.   

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I do find it funny how people drug Mahomes hard after his rough little patch but its silence when Josh Allen, LJ, Herbert, and Stafford suck eggs for the better part of a month.    I also find it funny we have a 4 turnover game and lose by under a score.    Titans have 4 TO's and get blown out.   

Brady hasn’t looked stellar either.