Rodgers out versus chiefs

3 hours ago, qnet said:

I was looking forward to Mahomes vs. Rodgers in 2019, but not this year. I'm glad the Chiefs are catching a break, and hope they can take advantage of it.

Yes, it’s not very often in a team that is used to winning 10 to 13 games a year to be able to win a game they “shouldn’t“ to make up for losing a game that they should never have lost. If we win, I’m considering that CEH never fumbled versus Baltimore and the Packers game a loss to Rodgers that we’ll avenge in the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Do you really think the Chiefs' offense can score 28?  Maybe with no turnovers, but I'm not hopeful. 

If I predicted last year that you would say that, you’d call me ridiculous or assume Mahomes was out. Unless you are doing a reverse jinx right now.

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

If I predicted last year that you would say that, you’d call me ridiculous or assume Mahomes was out. Unless you are doing a reverse jinx right now.

We keep waiting for the offense to get back in sync but the last two games are so discouraging.  Some of Mahomes throws are not even a shell of what he's done the past three years.  That underthrow to Hill Monday night was something that never happened in the past.  We keep thinking the turnovers are just a bad spell but they keep coming.  Kelce is mugged every play and Hill is at least doubled but Pringle, Gordon, Gray, etc. get very few or no targets.  Something has to change, but when? 

On 11/3/2021 at 8:34 PM, KCSLC2008 said:

I prefer to get a team’s best game and beat the shit out of them. But to each their own.

Yeah, if we hope to get wins against teams with major injuries, what does that say about our chances in the playoffs (if we get there)?

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Nailed it

Gay and Bolton might make that strategy not so great, in spite of GB's running tandem. Chiefs must merely do to them what other teams have been doing to us.  Play two high and rush the crap out of them.  Have to bracket Adams. For it to work, we need to take an early lead and force them into passing. Might not work until the second half.  Oh, and don't let Sorenson play on any possible passing downs.  Preferably not at all.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Gay and Bolton might make that strategy not so great, in spite of GB's running tandem. Chiefs must merely do to them what other teams have been doing to us.  Play two high and rush the crap out of them.  Have to bracket Adams. For it to work, we need to take an early lead and force them into passing. Might not work until the second half.  Oh, and don't let Sorenson play on any possible passing downs.  Preferably not at all.

Why would you need to play 2 high against a rook making his first start at qb.  That's lunacy.  Mix up and disguise your coverages and confuse the shit out of him while committing to stop the run.