OBJ  

38 members have voted

1. 1. If he gets released you in?

• Yes
    • No
    • Might Consider

Free-agent wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is considering the Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints as potential landing spots, league sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Wednesday.

Beckham cleared waivers Tuesday after being released by the Cleveland Browns on Monday. The veteran wants to spend the rest of this season with a playoff contender and in a winning environment, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter earlier in the week.

The Packers are the only one of those three teams still on the Browns' schedule. Cleveland visits Lambeau Field on Christmas Day.

Cleveland must pay Beckham $4.25 million but will save $3 million from his renegotiated contract.

11 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This is a signing where i wont be mad either way, as long as its just for the remainder of the year. If we sign him, i get why we would try. If we don’t, no big deal

Would live to see it happen. Put him in the slot or Gordon with Hill and Kelce. Double them again and our 2nd and 3rd WRs will get open. OBJ and Gordon are far greater than Hardman and Pringle.

54 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Like receivers that can't get separation when they are single covered all game long. 

Sign him. 

Agreed. Those complaining about our offense and they don't want another actual upgraded weapon over Hardman or Pringle? C'mon.....

10 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

If it happens it happens...either way Andy needs to figure out what the fuck is going on with his team.

Yea, this is where I am too.

I mean damn, we got Gordon and while Pringle, Hardman and Robinson are C+ WRs, Mahomes has only been locking onto Hill and Kelce anyways. Maybe those other guys suck that bad, but I find it hard to believe that Pringle and Hardman can't get open on 3rd/4th level DBs...and sometimes LBs.

If Reid is gonna use OBJ in the offense like the weapon he is then I'm ok with it. But if Reid is gonna give him the Josh Gordon/Leveon Bell treatment THEN HELL NO.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Obj will be a 8 game rental at this point. 

Depends on how it goes.  He will get a contract for only the remainder of the season at this point, but if we sign him, and things go well, he'd almost assuredly be back next year.  With opening cap space, and a definite need at receiver that's not likely to be solved in one offseason, the Chiefs would have definite interest in an extension should OBJ have success.  We don't have a dependable receiver 2-6, so there's a very real scenario where he could be the 2 next year, with a draft pick and a FA in that group as well.  

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yea, this is where I am too.

I mean damn, we got Gordon and while Pringle, Hardman and Robinson are C+ WRs, Mahomes has only been locking onto Hill and Kelce anyways. Maybe those other guys suck that bad, but I find it hard to believe that Pringle and Hardman can't get open on 3rd/4th level DBs...and sometimes LBs.

If Reid is gonna use OBJ in the offense like the weapon he is then I'm ok with it. But if Reid is gonna give him the Josh Gordon/Leveon Bell treatment THEN HELL NO.

They are legit not getting open.  Hardman doesn't appear to be that skilled at route running if he's not just outrunning someone.  Single coverage and they still aren't working the defense.  

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

They are legit not getting open.  Hardman doesn't appear to be that skilled at route running if he's not just outrunning someone.  Single coverage and they still aren't working the defense.  

Well, they may not be great route runners, but I really don't see Reid/EB trying to scheme those guys open very much either. I haven't seen many quick slants, rub routes/Pick plays that those guys could and should win at.

If OBJ signs here and only gets to see 10 snaps a game, he will revert back to that locker room "nut job" that everyone is saying he is...

If we sign him, he needs to freaking play...Not sit on the sidelines for the next 4 wks because "OUR OFFENSE IS COMPLICATED"...

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Well, they may not be great route runners, but I really don't see Reid/EB trying to scheme those guys open very much either. I haven't seen many quick slants, rub routes/Pick plays that those guys could and should win at.

If OBJ signs here and only gets to see 10 snaps a game, he will revert back to that locker room "nut job" that everyone is saying he is...

If we sign him, he needs to freaking play...Not sit on the sidelines for the next 4 wks because "OUR OFFENSE IS COMPLICATED"...

How have they not tried to scheme them open?  We run rub routes all the time.  Do you trust Kemp/Robinson/other scrub receivers to catch the slants and not end up with more tip drill picks?  I do think it's a bit ridiculous to even have the conversation about "scheming guys open" when you literally have 4-5 guys covering 2.  There shouldn't be anything to special to scheme, go run a crisp route and beat a guy one on one.  It's not like these guys are getting the top corner the defense has to offer.  I've been critical of coaching as well, but at some point, players gotta make plays.  

IDK how soon OBJ would or would not play, but you can't compare it to the Josh Gordon situation.  Gordon hadn't been in a practice, let alone game situation, in how long?  OBJ has played this season, just as Ingram had played this season, and saw the field early and often after being picked up.  

With Mahomes it's about trust. I don't think he trusts anyone other than Kelce and Hill therefore they are almost always gonna be read option 1 and 2. I would take Gordon and Pringle over Hardman or Robinson. Andy should Target those other guys more. I mean we are averaging 12 points a game the last three weeks. It's not going to wreck the offense to try new things 

22 minutes ago, dhitter said:

With Mahomes it's about trust. I don't think he trusts anyone other than Kelce and Hill therefore they are almost always gonna be read option 1 and 2. I would take Gordon and Pringle over Hardman or Robinson. Andy should Target those other guys more. I mean we are averaging 12 points a game the last three weeks. It's not going to wreck the offense to try new things 

Yea, that's the point I'm trying to make. If Kelce and Reek are double teamed, Gordon, Pringle and hardman can beat LB's and 3rd/4th DBs on slants, comebacks and rub routes?? Mahomes is looking Hill, then Kelce then dump to RB...

IMO, that's why were averaging 12 points a game right now. 

Now, would Pat actually add OBJ to his "tunnel vision" reads if we sign him? Maybe...Or Maybe not.

That's why I'm not exactly sure OBJ would even help this offense..There's more problems that exist than just WR.

Why, so everyone here can tell me how hard the offense is to learn? How it will take a couple weeks?

I hope it happens just so we can put that shit to bed.

if you want someone on the field bad enough, you are getting them out there. 

As others have said I’m not sure if we land OBJ that it would change anything. 
However would it change how a defense shadows hill and kelce? They would still play deep cover two. Probably. 
When we had Watkins did it help against the type of cover 2 defenses we are seeing? I don’t think we saw it that often. Maybe I’m wrong. If we did and we were successful then I can understand the obj signing for the simple reason he can beat one on one. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If true and he does come here with his and Gordon's signing Hardman  is certainly on the hot seat. I have never been a Hardman fan but with the way Kelce and Reek have been dropping balls it's hard to say he is THAT much  worse. I thought early on he was actually making himself look like a #2