Updates on rewatch

7 hours ago, xen said:

Fyi Ingram will be active this game.  A little surprising and doubt he gets but a few plays, but still nice to see.

So watched the game again and starting to see some improvement, outside of the obviously worse opponent, that bodes well for future improvement.

One is, and I know some hear don't want to hear this, but Clark has been playing really really well the last few games.  We need more of that.

Two is, if Hitch steals time from Gay that will be criminal.  I could see him stealing some snaps from Bolton but I don't like that either. 

Bolton getting a little better in zone as he's been getting more snaps.  Seems to be a really fast learner. 

But his work in base at MLB has been 10x better than he was in base before Hitch when down.  Makes sense as he's gotten a lot more snaps + playing his natural position.

Seth just put up a nice breakdown of Gay and Bolton.  I concur with his conclusions.  Those 2 young guys are starting to transform the D.  They must stay in.

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_58e91993-a8db-4f1d-940e-e2ed3ef02808_480x278.gif

Bolton here.  Only LB on the roster that can do this.  Dude arrives with ill intent always.  We need that.

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_d74ccf9a-03ac-41ff-b396-cab0cda0adb6_480x278.gif

Another good example from seth.  Bolton highlighted but watch 50 Gay to the left.  That is 2 young studs working the goalline package.  Outstanding work.

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_8e4a9bc2-8626-46bf-853e-cae5bf0b8dae_480x270.gif

Watch Gay work it here.  Pulls off the fake quickly to bracket the outlet then turns it on after the QB commits to the outside boot.  Love this play.  Niemann and Hitch let that turn into a cheap 11 vs the short gain this ends up being.

We have no other LBs capable of this.

I get you may have some issues calling plays with Gay in Dime, but man you can't teach coverage instincts like Gay has.  I mean you can get better at it with a lot of reps but dude just gets it.  

Bolton needs to get better in zone but he'll need reps to get there.

Let the young uns play.  They are the future.

If 56 and 49 are in on the red zone at all this week I’ll lose my shit. I have an honest question- has Ben ever made a play? I mean seriously? A highlight or anything? 

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

If 56 and 49 are in on the red zone at all this week I’ll lose my shit. I have an honest question- has Ben ever made a play? I mean seriously? A highlight or anything? 

He did make an interception…in preseason.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Probably hits the pancake bar at breakfast pretty hard?  🤷‍♂️

I've liked bolton from the beginning because he seems to be in good position when he tackles, and he tackles well, very well. I've focused more on Bolton, and haven't seen that much of Gay, but what I have seen; I liked.  

Frank Clark is interesting. It seems like he feeds off other players. When Jones, Bolton, and Gay are causing havoc he joins in, and seems to up his play. I agree with Xen, he's been playing better. 

On 11/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, Calichief said:

49 and 56 were in the entire drive the Packers scored a TD.  Gay & Bolton did not touch the field for even 1 play on that drive.

4 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

49 and 56 were in the entire drive the Packers scored a TD.  Gay & Bolton did not touch the field for even 1 play on that drive.

Didn't even notice that. Unreal... Fyi Ingram has already helped this defense with his presence. For one, Chris Jones was in the middle all game...Reed actually played a good game with CJ aside him.

10 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

That's really frustrating to watch. The defense played well and was on the verge of a shutout.