Chiefs Game Thread

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Are we back to the days when the punter is the game's MVP?

lol, I told my cuz that this team looks and feels like an Alex Smith let team.   Andy has devolved Patrick Mahomes to Alex Smith because he refused to design a game plan that helped his qb through a rough mental stretch.   Those deep balls looked more like attempts to prove to himself he was still a gunslinger but in all reality they were launched with no real chance for his wr's to catch them.   

Just watched the Rams put Stafford under center the entire drive down the field.  Screens, quick passes, roll outs, play action....looked great.   We are doing Mahomes a disservice by not giving him these opportunities to lean on the run game to open things up.  RPO's haven't worked the entire year.  I know some of you will point to our ypc and total rushing yards but the truth is it should be way more considering we are running into the lightest of light boxes.   

34 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Just watched the Rams put Stafford under center the entire drive down the field.  Screens, quick passes, roll outs, play action....looked great.   We are doing Mahomes a disservice by not giving him these opportunities to lean on the run game to open things up.  RPO's haven't worked the entire year.  I know some of you will point to our ypc and total rushing yards but the truth is it should be way more considering we are running into the lightest of light boxes.   

Offense is stale. It needs a fresh mind.

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Offense is stale. It needs a fresh mind.

On the bright side, the line played well today except for Wylie. Who's kind of in that category with Sorenson and Niemann where there's just really no good reason why any of them are on this roster at all. We can never have enough good depth...

16 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

It might just be me, but I don't see Mahomes on camera sitting down on the tablet studying the defense after each series like other QB's. 

No, it's not just you. After one of the 3 and outs in the 3rd quarter, the camera caught him in the middle of a circle breakdancing behind the water jugs.

Hip Hop Flip GIF

I think Chiefs should be contemplating life after Reid at this point. Ever since his idiot son's accident he hasn't been the same guy and got even worse after leaving the stadium via ambulance. Looking back to the guy who was so excited to play with his new "toy" in Mahomes, the fire seems to be entirely gone and feels more in his way to retirement. 

36 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think Chiefs should be contemplating life after Reid at this point. Ever since his idiot son's accident he hasn't been the same guy and got even worse after leaving the stadium via ambulance. Looking back to the guy who was so excited to play with his new "toy" in Mahomes, the fire seems to be entirely gone and feels more in his way to retirement. 

Offense is definitely a mess. Teams are taking away Travis and tyreek and no one else is winning. The first drive is run focused and they score a td. Then nothing: the rpo is a mess. The shotgun handoffs suck. Run it with authority 

8 hours ago, azchief21 said:

After watching this Mahomes kid the last few weeks, if he works on footwork, accuracy and pocket awareness, he may end up being a decent player in this league. 

Seems like his toe might be a problem.  I don't remember the last time he took off on one of his 15 hard runs. 

So the consensus is they shouldn't play 49 & 56, and need to stay with the run game more.

Listening to Mahomes press conference, it seems they will always try to take a shot downfield. I don't know what to think.

Part of what he said I understand, in that you always want to try. I like the confidence, but feel it may be bordering on overconfidence, the way he said it. 

If they start hitting those plays downfield again we all will be happy, but I still wish they'd stay with the run game a little more. This is coming from someone who likes downfield plays. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

I cant argue this. I've been wondering myself if we are going to get a surprise retirement announcement after the season. I know knee replacements are common for people that are morbidly obese, but watching him hobble around makes me cringe. Plus I'd be willing to bet the scare with the ambulance ride was heart related. 

Hes just in poor health and if it's gotten to the point where he can no longer do his job to the best of his ability then maybe it's time. Emotionally,  physically, he could just be tapped out. And his game planning and play calling would indicate that something is definitely wrong behind the scenes. 

I'm happy to have him here as long as he wants to be here and is the best version of himself, but... this ain't that bruh.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

So the consensus is they shouldn't play 49 & 56, and need to stay with the run game more.

Listening to Mahomes press conference, it seems they will always try to take a shot downfield. I don't know what to think.

Part of what he said I understand, in that you always want to try. I like the confidence, but feel it may be bordering on overconfidence, the way he said it. 

If they start hitting those plays downfield again we all will be happy, but I still wish they'd stay with the run game a little more. This is coming from someone who likes downfield plays. 

They shouldn't stop taking downfield shots, keep the defenses honest and make the big plays whenever needed. Right now we seem to be always going for that deep shot or weird backfield plays, the offense has no rhythm to execute consistently. 

Go back to basics with snaps under center, run with the pro formation as well as 2 TE, 2-3 wideout sets and mix things up. Shotgun with RPO cr@p is pointless as the main form of offense as the RPO should just be an occasional play call from time to time. 

i will say that the last throw Patrick made to get the first down to ice the game looked more like the old Mahomes. Hopefully that lights a fire under this team because we have five division games coming up the rest of the season and we are 0-1 in the west. We need to have a great game plan for the raiders.

Ugly, ugly game for the offense.  It almost felt like the "old chiefs" where they would give it up at the end.

Sorenson gets burned again for a TD.

Hardman has plenty of confidence, just no game to back it up.

Williams is a very tough runner.

Pat seems off...

w