What’s It Gonna Take

What’s it gonna take the last 8 games to make the playoffs.  I truly believe if the Chiefs make it it’s a new ballgame.  

Is 10-7 good enough to make the playoffs?  Can the Chiefs go 5-3 in their last 8 games?   

Every starting QB to get Covid and we have a chance but its thin.  We are averaging 12 points a game for the last 3 games.  We just beat a backup qb by 6 points and their special teams must be ran by Dan Sorenson because they looked as bad as him.  We had the ball first and goal from the 10 after the fumbled punt and we kicked a field goal.  We had a player be the Defensive Rookie of the month and moved him out of the position he was playing for Hitchens.  We look terrible and we aren't improving.  Patty should of had another INT but luckily it hit the defender in the hands.  We do really well running the ball for the first drive then rarely use it.

I truly hope we can turn it around but if our coaching staff with 30+ years of coaching can't scheme a way to gain yards consistently when safeties are 20 yards off the ball and bailing as soon as the ball is snapped then I don't know what will.

2 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Is 10-7 good enough to make the playoffs?  Can the Chiefs go 5-3 in their last 8 games?   

a) Maybe, but the Chiefs lost to a lot of playoff teams and won't get the tiebreaker except for the Browns

b) Not unless the offense finds its mojo and starts scoring 30/game again. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'd prefer no playoffs  so to have better draft picks and hopefully coaching changes

If Mahomes is broken, like many have said, can new coaching fix him?  We’ve had a good run but if this becomes season after season…how long until we have our own qb controversy? 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Every qb goes through a slump if they get enough starts.  Every single one.  Mahomes has not until now so it's a little jarring for the fanbase.  People need to chill, they'll figure it out.

Yeah,  When Brady was Mahomes's age, coming off a Super Bowl win, the Patriots started 3-4 and had a stretch of 4 straight losses.  He had 9 interceptions in the first 6 games.  I'm guessing the natives in Boston were getting restless.  

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'd prefer no playoffs  so to have better draft picks and hopefully coaching changes

Coaching changes are coming.  This is EB's last season in KC.  Either he gets a NFL head coaching job or moves on to college ranks.  Not blaming him.  It all falls on Andy.  But it's time to adapt to the two high coverages and the offensive coaches haven't done it yet.  Also, I think there may be physical issues with Mahomes along with a temporary confidence crisis. 

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Coaching changes are coming.  This is EB's last season in KC.  Either he gets a NFL head coaching job or moves on to college ranks.  Not blaming him.  It all falls on Andy.  But it's time to adapt to the two high coverages and the offensive coaches haven't done it yet.  Also, I think there may be physical issues with Mahomes along with a temporary confidence crisis. 

EB is an OC in name only, this is Andy's show. Only impact that can be made is Veach forcing Andy to replace Spags. My guess is it was Veach who made him get rid of Sutton as well.

10-7 will be good enough to win the division.  We finish either 11-6 or 10-7.  The Raiders are having all kinds of problems, Denver sucks, and the Chargers are back to finding a way to lose games.  All the Chiefs have to do is win 4 of 5 remaining division games, plus win one other game, and the division is there.  

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

Lol. Mahomes broken? My ass. He’s still a super star. He’s had 3 bad games.. he’s struggling but his cast isn’t helping him out either. 

The QB gets the heat (and rightfully so to an extent) but there's nothing offensively that's working right now.  Receivers dropping balls,  not getting open.  Our running game sucks.  I do think we need to run more, but our RBs just aren't getting the job done.  If you take out the QB and WRs, we are averaging 4 ypc, and our longest run from scrimmage is 17 yards.  Even when we do run the ball, there's no explosion, no threat of a big play.  That adds more pressure to the qb and an offense that's struggling. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The coaching is fine. Hill and Kelce being plagued with drops (Kelce still struggling). Hardman’s fumblitis. Pat struggling with accuracy and decision making. These are OC problems. And they are temporary problems.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Every qb goes through a slump if they get enough starts.  Every single one.  Mahomes has not until now so it's a little jarring for the fanbase.  People need to chill, they'll figure it out.

Anyone thinking anything else should get off the bus. That’s the biggest over reaction of all time. Especially since he’s got another 15 years here. 

they are doubling Travis and tyreek and NO ONE else is open. I thought for sure Pringle would win that job. Disappointed in that group. Shit, bring fountain up or something….

until there is a true number 2, and a real commitment to run it and soften the defense, there will be struggles.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

The coaching is fine. Hill and Kelce being plagued with drops (Kelce still struggling). Hardman’s fumblitis. Pat struggling with accuracy and decision making. These are OC problems. And they are temporary problems.

I’m calling it.  The chiefs will be the hottest team going into playoffs and will play their best game in the Super Bowl.  Book it.

11 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I’m calling it.  The chiefs will be the hottest team going into playoffs and will play their best game in the Super Bowl.  Book it.

That will not surprise me. A lot of wildcard champions didn’t look great midway through. He who gets hot in December is very dangerous. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

That's very possible.  The defense is playing better and maybe the offense will get back to that 30 points/game average again.  On the other hand, there's Wylie at RT, Neiman replacing Gay, and Sorenson getting beat big time.  So is it Jeckel or Hyde? 

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

Anyone thinking anything else should get off the bus. That’s the biggest over reaction of all time. Especially since he’s got another 15 years here. 

they are doubling Travis and tyreek and NO ONE else is open. I thought for sure Pringle would win that job. Disappointed in that group. Shit, bring fountain up or something….

until there is a true number 2, and a real commitment to run it and soften the defense, there will be struggles.

Is t it just baffling?  Like how tf as an nfl receiver can you not get open if you have four defenders covering two guys?