What’s It Gonna Take

22 hours ago, DieHard said:

The coaching is fine. Hill and Kelce being plagued with drops (Kelce still struggling). Hardman’s fumblitis. Pat struggling with accuracy and decision making. These are OC problems. And they are temporary problems.

I don’t think the coaching is fine. The scheme needs revamping in the offensive side: the rpo and constant shotgun has to change: a real run game needs to be installed. This is on the coaches. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I don’t think the coaching is fine. The scheme needs revamping in the offensive side: the rpo and constant shotgun has to change: a real run game needs to be installed. This is on the coaches. 

It has resulted in one of the most explosive offenses in the league. You have a QB that naturally plays that way. Why would you change it. I think they just need to run a minimum of 25 times a game. Otherwise, it’s good.

17 hours ago, moons314 said:

Is t it just baffling?  Like how tf as an nfl receiver can you not get open if you have four defenders covering two guys?  

That's only partly the fault or lack of talent with the other receivers.  Mahomes and/or the coaches don't seem to trust the others WRs.  Count the targets that Pringle, Gordon, or Kemp get.  More than one per game each would be unusual.  Hardman gets a few and has some drops but so do Kelce and Hill lately.  What about the third RB.  Wasn't he supposed to be a pass receiving back?  Maybe throwing more to Pringle and Gordon would do some good.  BTW, has anyone really stopped Hill on an out route?  The Chiefs just need to take what's given.  .

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

It has resulted in one of the most explosive offenses in the league. You have a QB that naturally plays that way. Why would you change it. I think they just need to run a minimum of 25 times a game. Otherwise, it’s good.

Again, it’s the way the run it. They need to make someone respect the run so they can go back to be who they were. Imo 

13 hours ago, Calichief said:

Again, it’s the way the run it. They need to make someone respect the run so they can go back to be who they were. Imo 

The way they are running it it fine. 4.6 yards per attempt.  The "way they run it" doesn't make much sense to me. If you can make them respect the run from the shotgun, all the better. Those who think we need to line up in the I-form to run the ball are mistaken. We just need to avoid those games where we only run the rock 18-19 times. Just my opinion.

18 minutes ago, DieHard said:

The way they are running it it fine. 4.6 yards per attempt.  The "way they run it" doesn't make much sense to me. If you can make them respect the run from the shotgun, all the better. Those who think we need to line up in the I-form to run the ball are mistaken. We just need to avoid those games where we only run the rock 18-19 times. Just my opinion.

yup

On 11/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Chiefmanzada said:

Win the division. Lots of football left and we've only played 1 AFC West game 

Every team in the AFC West is at 5 wins so the Chiefs are right there. It looks as if the defense has gotten somewhat better. If the offense can get it going I think there is a good chance. It starts with beating those F'n Raiders! God I hate that team 

Okay, the Titans lost to the Jets, bad loss.  The Bills lost to the Jags, bad loss.  The Ravens lose to Miami, bad loss.  The Chiefs haven’t lost to anyone under .500 and any sport personality aside from Nick Wright or Pat Mcafee are throwing the Chiefs away like trash.  

7 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Okay, the Titans lost to the Jets, bad loss.  The Bills lost to the Jags, bad loss.  The Ravens lose to Miami, bad loss.  The Chiefs haven’t lost to anyone under .500 and any sport personality aside from Nick Wright or Pat Mcafee are throwing the Chiefs away like trash.  

Oh yeah the Chiefs are getting hammered by the sports talking heads. They set the bar high the last 2 seasons and now they look like a lesser form of themselves. Until they can get that mojo back don't expect opinions to change.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:56 PM, DieHard said:

I don't think anyone is respecting the run at this point. That's why the offense is limited to "forced" plays the defense is expecting from us. The YPC is inflated by scrambles by Mahomes and the occasional hand-offs to Hill/Hardman but we are averaging 4 yards in run plays (including the option plays) and the numbers have been much worse over the last 4-5 weeks, hence the terrible offense.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:05 PM, Mr Ev said:

If Mahomes is broken, like many have said, can new coaching fix him?  We’ve had a good run but if this becomes season after season…how long until we have our own qb controversy? 

3 bad games in 3 years. Everyone goes through it. Look at Brady before leaving New England. Mahomes did what he has to tonight