Lest we forget

22 hours ago, azchief21 said:

These days, roughing penalties on all those plays and ejections for half of them

Yeah, I found some old NFL games on YouTube a while back. Man. 
Guys getting waylaid out of bounds, ferocious blows to the head — the refs just let it go. 
My favorite was watching some safety for San Fran playing the entire game with a full cast on his left arm. 

Raiders, the ultimate "dirty team".   Gene Upshaw played an entire season with a cast on his hand with the thumb sticking out (which was reinforced) and used that thumb to jab defensive linemen in the ribs repeatedly, thus knocking them out of the game.  Oakland definitely had "studs" on their squad, but they took it too far.  Makes me smile extra every time we kick their asses.

2 hours ago, Chiefsbro said:

Raiders, the ultimate "dirty team".   Gene Upshaw played an entire season with a cast on his hand with the thumb sticking out (which was reinforced) and used that thumb to jab defensive linemen in the ribs repeatedly, thus knocking them out of the game.  Oakland definitely had "studs" on their squad, but they took it too far.  Makes me smile extra every time we kick their asses.

That was insane. I watched a NFL films documentary featuring the Raiders. One of the commentators jokingly mentioned  how some of the players had injuries that seemed to last all season.

They then showed a montage of all the Raiders players with these ridiculous, giant cast on the arms and hands.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

John (the Tooz) Matuzak was one of my favorite players to hate.  Died before turning 40, I believe.  Brad Hubbard was another.  And then there was the Ben Davidson spearing of Dawson which cost the Chiefs a game.  

mine was George Blanda when he walked on the field the Chiefs seemed to lose

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

John (the Tooz) Matuzak was one of my favorite players to hate.  Died before turning 40, I believe.  Brad Hubbard was another.  And then there was the Ben Davidson spearing of Dawson which cost the Chiefs a game.  

I remember The Spear. That play sent us into a downward spiral that didn't officially end until Feb 2020.