Raiders Game..

I've been waiting for Mahomes to incorporate throws to running backs.  Why has it not happened until now?  That was magic in 2018 with Kareem Hunt.  CEH was drafted in the first round because of that ability.  Williams has always had it.  Mahomes' struggles would have ended earlier had that happened earlier.  Here is hoping it is a key for the remainder of the season.

4 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I had a dream of a 35-3 ass whooping of the Raiders.   Well guys.   I was not that far off.  41-14  .    Thorough ass whooping.  

We got up early,  did not let up on them and the mistakes came from the Raiders.  The few times that the Raiders moved the ball,  Carr was had time in the pocket.  Otherwise ,  he had a rough day.      

Those dreams tend to become reality when it inovolves sports, Doc. Good call.

The offense looked like the old WCO at times. Dumps offs, hitting backs out of the backfield, a few screens. Mahomes in the past seemed like he tossed the ball too high at times, but he was more accurate with the short passes. 

The three interior lineman are really good, I hope they keep trying to run the ball up the middle. Brown and Wiley didn't play bad either.

1 hour ago, mex said:

60% on 3rd down conversions. One punt.

Not bad.

Take it easy on Orlando Brown. He's a dominant run blocker. His pass blocking is improving. Albeit incrementally. I think he will be a good one.

He's grading out at a 77.3 overall. I know PFF isn't the be all end all, but many NFL teams employ their metrics in some fashion, so they do have some value.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Take it easy on Orlando Brown. He's a dominant run blocker. His pass blocking is improving. Albeit incrementally. I think he will be a good one.

He's grading out at a 77.3 overall. I know PFF isn't the be all end all, but many NFL teams employ their metrics in some fashion, so they do have some value.

We didn't hear Brown's name mentioned at all last night...And that's a good thing!

I was very impressed with his performance last night. Yannick was known as an Above Average speed rusher and Brown took care of business. Brown's performance allowed Andy to focus all the help to Wylie, which was the difference on offense IMO. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I hear you, but those two DEs (Ferrell and Ngakoue) were having their way with him. I mean it wasn't even close. They just outran him off the edge.

I agree he's a solid road grader but our entire offense is based around PM flinging it, even with a solid ground game.

I tend to give shit to underperforming guys who take up large portions of our cap, especially when they are jeopardizing the health of our franchise. 

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m not sure what type of defense raiders were running but did see odd cover two deep shell but mostly single high. 
maybe that’s why things opened up a bit more in the second half. 

I think it's because they were behind and didn't want us to run and use up the clock. They have a bad run defense.

3 minutes ago, mex said:

I hear you, but those two DEs (Ferrell and Ngakoue) were having their way with him. I mean it wasn't even close. They just outran him off the edge.

I agree he's a solid road grader but our entire offense is based around PM flinging it, even with a solid ground game.

I tend to give shit to underperforming guys who take up large portions of our cap, especially when they are jeopardizing the health of our franchise. 

Brown isn't taking up that much cap this season although the price of a first rounder is pretty high.  He doesn't have quick feet, but he's getting better after coming from a run first offense last year.  Until Niang or Remmers get back, LT isn't the big concern.  

2 hours ago, qnet said:

The offense looked like the old WCO at times. Dumps offs, hitting backs out of the backfield, a few screens. Mahomes in the past seemed like he tossed the ball too high at times, but he was more accurate with the short passes. 

The three interior lineman are really good, I hope they keep trying to run the ball up the middle. Brown and Wiley didn't play bad either.

Already there are some sports writers saying the Chiefs have one of the top O-lines.  It doesn't take many games to change their minds but we have to admit, Veach did a hell of a job re-building it.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Already there are some sports writers saying the Chiefs have one of the top O-lines.  It doesn't take many games to change their minds but we have to admit, Veach did a hell of a job re-building it.

considering the injuries we've had to deal with... he's done well

22 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Yes, I still believe that to be true. Specifically i think he is the 5th best member of the secondary behind in order: Sneed, Fenton, Ward, and Thornhill 

He has the lowest passer rating and yards against of any safety in the league. Maybe the least targeted too. That’s respect and production. 

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He has the lowest passer rating and yards against of any safety in the league. Maybe the least targeted too. That’s respect and production. 

So do you think that the Chiefs should give him the Big Payday he wants next year?

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

No.

I’m done with all that overpaying and loyalty. New England has proved you don’t do that. Draft well and sign good character guys. Defense is only going to be so good. Everything is stacked against you. I would like him around one more year. 

34 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m don’t with all that overpaying and loyalty. New England has proved you don’t do that. Draft well and sign good character guys. Defense is only going to be so good. Everything is stacked against you. I would like him around one more year. 

I agree. I have no problem with players making as much as they can, but sometimes I wish they would not still want so much after they've already had a big contract. They could put that money away, don't live too far above their means, and stay with a good team for less. This is the selfish fan in me, I know.

On that note, the Chiefs should do what's best for them also, and that means not keep extending players too much past what they're worth. 

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Yes, I still believe that to be true. Specifically i think he is the 5th best member of the secondary behind in order: Sneed, Fenton, Ward, and Thornhill 

I am sure you are absolutely sane and in full command of your faculties.  But sometimes you make it difficult to be certain, and this is one of those times.