Raiders Game..

19 minutes ago, qnet said:

I agree. I have no problem with players making as much as they can, but sometimes I wish they would not still want so much after they've already had a big contract. They could put that money away, don't live too far above their means, and stay with a good team for less. This is the selfish fan in me, I know.

On that note, the Chiefs should do what's best for them also, and that means not keep extending players too much past what they're worth. 

Probably choose Brown vs HB. Not sure they can do both?

18 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I am sure you are absolutely sane and in full command of your faculties.  But sometimes you make it difficult to be certain, and this is one of those times.

When he hits the open market this off season and has trouble getting more than 1 year 8 million or 2 years 15 million i will be proven correct. If he gets 5 years 55 million or something i will admit i was wrong, unless the team is dumb like the jags or something 

6 hours ago, mex said:

I hear you, but those two DEs (Ferrell and Ngakoue) were having their way with him. I mean it wasn't even close. They just outran him off the edge.

I agree he's a solid road grader but our entire offense is based around PM flinging it, even with a solid ground game.

I tend to give shit to underperforming guys who take up large portions of our cap, especially when they are jeopardizing the health of our franchise. 

Screenshot_20211115-115859_Chrome.jpg

HB and Jones are 2 players you can’t replace on the D. Doesn’t mean we can afford them, but my figures are crossed. For his side, it is his last pay day. For our side, we will have more needs than money. 

Tyrann Mathieu FS KC UFA Market Value
Jarran Reed DT KC UFA -
Melvin Ingram OLB KC UFA -
Charvarius Ward CB KC UFA -
Mike Remmers RT KC UFA -
Mike Hughes CB KC UFA -
Daniel Sorensen SS KC UFA -
Byron Pringle WR KC UFA Market Value
Chad Henne QB KC UFA -
Darrel Williams RB KC UFA -
Ben Niemann LB KC UFA -
Kyle Long G KC UFA -
Demarcus Robinson WR KC UFA Market Value
Blake Bell TE KC UFA -
Alex Okafor DE KC UFA -
  TE KC UFA -
Austin Blythe G KC UFA -
Jerick McKinnon RB KC UFA -
Michael Burton FB KC UFA -
Josh Gordon WR KC UFA -
Derrick Nnadi DT KC UFA -
Andrew Wylie T KC UFA -
James Winchester LS KC UFA -
Orlando Brown Jr. T KC UFA Market Value
Marcus Kemp WR KC RFA -
Dorian O'Daniel OLB KC UFA -
Chris Lammons CB KC ERFA -
Armani Watts S KC UFA -
Joe Fortson WR KC ERFA -
Derrick Gore RB KC ERFA -
Prince Tega Wanogho T KC ERFA -
  S KC UFA -
  RT KC UFA  

I would only sign HB to very cap friendly, incentive laden deal. Otherwise NO. Imo, spending big money on a 5'10, 30+ plus yr old DB is a terrible idea. He may be Voicetrious in the locker room and on the field, but that doesn't do squat if he cant cover anymore. 

I like HB, but haven't we learned our lesson about making decisions with our heart's vs our brains?

We need to get younger and faster on defense. 

24 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Besides, we got Dan and Watts. 😁 Seriously though, age is real. I think HB has 3 good years left. 

Do we really know how many years he has left??

That's the big question mark for any player hitting that 30 yr old mark. 

Should we take that chance? We all know how that injury bug starts bitting players over 30..

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I would only sign HB to very cap friendly, incentive laden deal. Otherwise NO. Imo, spending big money on a 5'10, 30+ plus yr old DB is a terrible idea. He may be Voicetrious in the locker room and on the field, but that doesn't do squat if he cant cover anymore. 

I like HB, but haven't we learned our lesson about making decisions with our heart's vs our brains?

We need to get younger and faster on defense. 

I agree. We gotta get younger and faster and have cap room. 
We have 2 stud LB. We need another 2. We need pass rushers and couple corners. 

16 hours ago, artsy said:

Do we really know how many years he has left??

That's the big question mark for any player hitting that 30 yr old mark. 

Should we take that chance? We all know how that injury bug starts bitting players over 30..

That’s true. Some players age gracefully and some fall off a cliff. Those we cut ties with have to be replaced somehow. It will be one of their hardest decisions this off season.