Trey smith highlight thread

Speaking of Creed Humphrey.  Wow!  What a great draft.  Veach hit the jackpot in the draft with him and Smith.  Signing Thuney and Brown.  Our O-line has gone from a sieve in the Superbowl to what is now being recognized as one of the best in the NFL (except for Wylie).

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Speaking of Creed Humphrey.  Wow!  What a great draft.  Veach hit the jackpot in the draft with him and Smith.  Signing Thuney and Brown.  Our O-line has gone from a sieve in the Superbowl to what is now being recognized as one of the best in the NFL (except for Wylie).

Does anyone know if Kyle Long has Tackle experience?

He has to be better than Wylie..!

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

Does anyone know if Kyle Long has Tackle experience?

He has to be better than Wylie..!

It would seem that either Remmers or Niang should be back in two weeks. For all practical purposes, Long hasn't played for two years, and before that, he was injury prone.  He has no muscle memory for playing in  Spags' system, even though he has been at meetings.  If you are counting on Long, I would like a hit of whatever it is you are smoking. We'll be OK.  Wylie or not, we held the vaunted Cowboys offense to three field goals with Wylie in there.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It would seem that either Remmers or Niang should be back in two weeks. For all practical purposes, Long hasn't played for two years, and before that, he was injury prone.  He has no muscle memory for playing in  Reid's system, even though he has been at meetings.  If you are counting on Long, I would like a hit of whatever it is you are smoking. We'll be OK.  Wylie or not, we beat the supposedly great  Cowboys defense.

20 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It would seem that either Remmers or Niang should be back in two weeks. For all practical purposes, Long hasn't played for two years, and before that, he was injury prone.  He has no muscle memory for playing in  Spags' system, even though he has been at meetings.  If you are counting on Long, I would like a hit of whatever it is you are smoking. We'll be OK.  Wylie or not, we held the vaunted Cowboys offense to three field goals with Wylie in there.

What in the hell does Spags have to do with Kyle Long?

Furthermore, why did we sign him if he's never gonna play? Just to give money away? He was signed for depth, and we need that depth right now at RT. Wylie is a 3rd string RT and plays like one. Long has been off of IR for 3 wks now, I wonder if they'll give him a chance after the bye is Niang is still hurt.

50 minutes ago, artsy said:

Furthermore, why did we sign him if he's never gonna play? Just to give money away? He was signed for depth, and we need that depth right now at RT. Wylie is a 3rd string RT and plays like one. Long has been off of IR for 3 wks now, I wonder if they'll give him a chance after the bye is Niang is still hurt.

Long would have played had he not got hurt is my guess. Then smith blossomed

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yeah.  If you go back, I had edited that immediately.  I was trying to say Reid and the offensive system. You might be right, though.  But I think he was signed, I think, out of a kind of desperation to improve the line.  That was before the draft and before seeing how good our draftees would be.  He was always a "long" shot. A hope that he could become  what he was once without taking a huge financial risk.  Things looked a lot bleaker when he was obtained.  I would be happy if he turned out to be a reliable backup piece on the O line, but my guess is that he will be among the first to be waived after the season. I do recall how excited everyone seemed about him on this forum and took it as a foregone conclusion that he would be a starter. I have great doubts we will see him at all this year...and possibly ever.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah.  If you go back, I had edited that immediately.  I was trying to say Reid and the offensive system. You might be right, though.  But I think he was signed, I think, out of a kind of desperation to improve the line.  That was before the draft and before seeing how good our draftees would be.  He was always a "long" shot. A hope that he could become  what he was once without taking a huge financial risk.  Things looked a lot bleaker when he was obtained.  I would be happy if he turned out to be a reliable backup piece on the O line, but my guess is that he will be among the first to be waived after the season. I do recall how excited everyone seemed about him on this forum and took it as a foregone conclusion that he would be a starter. I have great doubts we will see him at all this year...and possibly ever. Wylie is not a bad backup guard but should never play tackle. Remmers is a fine backup there.  Niang is still developing and shows a lot of promise.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Where did you get that info?  It would be great to see either/both of them available for the stretch run.  

I never read that Niang's ribs were broken.  Bruised ribs hurt, but shouldn't take more than a few weeks.  I never read that Remmer's knee was anything more than a sprain.  No ligament damage.  If so,  I would guess he will miss the first game after the bye, but that's about it. Three weeks was the report I read after his injury.

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I never read that Niang's ribs were broken.  Bruised ribs hurt, but shouldn't take more than a few weeks.  I never read that Remmer's knee was anything more than a sprain.  No ligament damage.  If so,  I would guess he will miss the first game after the bye, but that's about it. Three weeks was the report I read after his injury.

At least they're not day to day 

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Trey smith is trying to hurt people. We’ve had some great lineman in kc. None of them nasty like this. 

Man o Man, I love me sum Trey Smith! (Although he needs to move his feet better on pass blocking; strop drawing holding penalties)

He's a damn BULLY out there! Love it!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Holy shit. I can't stop re-running that clip. Makes me laugh.  Smith could become a legend. He is a nasty guy who will strike fear into opponents.  It is obvious that he likes hurting people.  A definite candidate for the MOG award.  He is already great as a rookie.  Peace on Earth, but No Good Will towards defensive linemen.