CEH & Fountain active for today's game

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

Why aren’t they throwing to him more? That is the real question 

2 receptions on 2 targets. 12 carries for 63 yards at 5.3 ypc. I mean I can see all the CEH hate if he were getting touches and averaging under 3 yards per carry etc. Thing is he has not been given a good true chance. Wish he would get more chances to show what he can do, 76 yards in 14 touches.....he could be a great yards from scrimmage guy.

52 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

2 receptions on 2 targets. 12 carries for 63 yards at 5.3 ypc. I mean I can see all the CEH hate if he were getting touches and averaging under 3 yards per carry etc. Thing is he has not been given a good true chance. Wish he would get more chances to show what he can do, 76 yards in 14 touches.....he could be a great yards from scrimmage guy.

It's possible that he was on a touch count coming off the injury list.  See where he's at two weeks from now.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It's possible that he was on a touch count coming off the injury list.  See where he's at two weeks from now.  

Mahomes had him open multiple times and then went Some where else for a forced throw. I don’t think it was a snap count 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Seemed to be on a good trajectory prior to the injury. May be they give him a bigger workload after the bye. 

Regarding the "hate" I think it's a matter of investment vs turnout. Definitely not a CEH thing IMO but I understand people expecting more from a 1st round pick. However he can't do much unless the staff utilizes him. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Seemed to be on a good trajectory prior to the injury. May be they give him a bigger workload after the bye. 

Regarding the "hate" I think it's a matter of investment vs turnout. Definitely not a CEH thing IMO but I understand people expecting more from a 1st round pick. However he can't do much unless the staff utilizes him. 

His refusal to run is baffling. Does he see what the line does on film?

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

His refusal to run is baffling. Does he see what the line does on film?

Is it Reid or is it Mahomes.  Patrick has apparently earned the option to change plays and run lots of RPOs.  The thing is that Mahomes has always been a gambler and for the most part, it has worked for him up until this season.  Success in college, MVP, SB Champ, etc.  His instinct isn't to hand the ball off or to check down.  I certainly can't criticize one who has achieved what Mahomes has, but maybe he still needs to learn about ball control.  He talks about "taking what the defense gives" every week in his pressers, but he doesn't show it on the field so far.  

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is it Reid or is it Mahomes.  Patrick has apparently earned the option to change plays and run lots of RPOs.  The thing is that Mahomes has always been a gambler and for the most part, it has worked for him up until this season.  Success in college, MVP, SB Champ, etc.  His instinct isn't to hand the ball off or to check down.  I certainly can't criticize one who has achieved what Mahomes has, but maybe he still needs to learn about ball control.  He talks about "taking what the defense gives" every week in his pressers, but he doesn't show it on the field so far.  

The like 80% of the snaps from shotgun has to be an Andy thing. The base formation hurts diversity of play.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree. His tendency is to take risks even when the game situations says be careful. Example: Before the half with a chance to go up two or three scores with a field goal. Dont take a sack taking you out of FG range or throw a risky pass. Just stay in field goal range. If throwing get rid of it fast or throw it away. Turnovers in this situation have changed the momentum of several games. Situational Football.

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

I remember interview a couple years ago with Andy n Patrick both said that every Friday they meet and go over the game plan and Mahomes is given the opportunity to take out or add things in he likes.  In that same interview he also said he has the ability to audible at the line so it makes you wonder how much of the lack of running is Mahomes vs Andy.  Me personally i think its both.  It goes all the way back to Philly and him being a pass first coach.  I remember Philly fans even talking about saying how frustrating it could be.  Just a gut feeling on my part but i think Mahomes is the same way.  Even with a light box i think he will want to throw it.   

The Bills ran the K-Gun where Jim Kelly called all the plays at the line i wonder what that would look like with Mahomes calling everthing at the line.  

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

CEH was a 1st rounder and Darrel Williams & Derrick Gore were an undrafted FAs. There was no dropoff when CEH was out. 

Are you kidding? Look at ypc, attempts given and who had 100 yard games so far this year. When used CEH is better. Look at last game for ypc when they were used.

8 hours ago, azchief21 said:

CEH was a 1st rounder and Darrel Williams & Derrick Gore were an undrafted FAs. There was no dropoff when CEH was out. 

Think there will be disagreement there.  CEH may not be worth a first round pick, but he carried the ball better than Darrel.  Got to get him more involved in the passing game.  That's what he was drafted for.