Predicting KC record last 6 games. Your take.

13 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

#Chiefs CB Charvarius Ward is one of only 4 CB’s in the NFL with an allowed reception rate of less than 50%, having a rate of 45%.

I realize PFF is not God, but they have Ward ranked at 72nd.  Personally, I might very well put him #3 on the team.  But I could absolutely name 10 CB's that are better than Mr. Ward.  

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I realize PFF is not God, but they have Ward ranked at 72nd.  Personally, I might very well put him #3 on the team.  But I could absolutely name 10 CB's that are better than Mr. Ward.  

Agreed, but I think he is much better than 72nd too

On 11/24/2021 at 3:16 PM, reesebobby said:

They also had Fenton as #1 corner in the league Raider week. #2 corner in the league Dallas week. Fenton has played well, but he in not even the best corner on this team. Much less in the league. PFF gets some things right, but their metrics produce ridiculous results sometimes. Ward being 72nd for example. I cringe when people reference things from PFF rankings that simple don't pass the eye test.

The Raider game Snead blew up screen passes, covered deep, put hits on the QB, great tackles in the run game. Fenton covered well, but had a PI and didn't do near the dirty work Snead did. How they rank Fenton #1 in the league instead of Snead is just another head scratcher. Not disrespecting Fenton, he is playing great, just saying it makes zero sense to put him ahead of Snead week after week.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

They also had Fenton as #1 corner in the league Raider week. #2 corner in the league Dallas week. Fenton has played well, but he in not even the best corner on this team. Much less in the league. PFF gets some things right, but their metrics produce ridiculous results sometimes. Ward being 72nd for example. I cringe when people reference things from PFF rankings that simple don't pass the eye test.

The Raider game Snead blew up screen passes, covered deep, put hits on the QB, great tackles in the run game. Fenton covered well, but had a PI and didn't do near the dirty work Snead did. How they rank Fenton #1 in the league instead of Snead is just another head scratcher. Not disrespecting Fenton, he is playing great, just saying it makes zero sense to put him ahead of Snead week after week.

Yeah, I acknowledged the shortcomings of PFF.  But some of the advanced metrics are things we don't necessarily see as fans.  My eye test tells me that Ward is a competent cornerback.  You get some pressure and he won't embarrass you.  But that's as far as my eye test takes him.  He doesn't make the elite cornerback list for me and top 10 in the league is elite.  To me he is closer to 72 than 10.  But probably somewhere in the middle.  

5 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah, I acknowledged the shortcomings of PFF.  But some of the advanced metrics are things we don't necessarily see as fans.  My eye test tells me that Ward is a competent cornerback.  You get some pressure and he won't embarrass you.  But that's as far as my eye test takes him.  He doesn't make the elite cornerback list for me and top 10 in the league is elite.  To me he is closer to 72 than 10.  But probably somewhere in the middle.  

2 things. I agree with your assessment of Ward. And “advance metrics” means “bullshit”.

6-0 is what I am predicting. I believe they get thing figured out on Offense and we get back to scoring in the +28 pt range again.  Chargers are the biggest test left, and honestly I think the Chiefs are a much better team than when they played before and the Chargers have regressed. 

Yes, any team can rise up a single week. The Bronco's are not bad, but The Chiefs should beat them both games handily. The Raiders in Kansas City. Show the video of them doing  victory laps of arrowhead when they won last year. We kill them. 

Bengals have a good offense and zero Defense. The Steelers have a good Defense and a poor offense.  

Folks, these are all games the Chiefs are rightfully favored to win. They will be playing for the #1 seed. Unless they have it wrapped up by the last game and can rest, I think we play starters and finish the season on a 10 game win streak.

If we keep playing great Defense and the Offense gets its act together, this will be a Super Bowl winning team and it is not gonna be close. We really could be dominant.

7 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

6-0 is what I am predicting. I believe they get thing figured out on Offense and we get back to scoring in the +28 pt range again.  Chargers are the biggest test left, and honestly I think the Chiefs are a much better team than when they played before and the Chargers have regressed. 

Yes, any team can rise up a single week. The Bronco's are not bad, but The Chiefs should beat them both games handily. The Raiders in Kansas City. Show the video of them doing  victory laps of arrowhead when they won last year. We kill them. 

Bengals have a good offense and zero Defense. The Steelers have a good Defense and a poor offense.  

Folks, these are all games the Chiefs are rightfully favored to win. They will be playing for the #1 seed. Unless they have it wrapped up by the last game and can rest, I think we play starters and finish the season on a 10 game win streak.

If we keep playing great Defense and the Offense gets its act together, this will be a Super Bowl winning team and it is not gonna be close. We really could be dominant.

As u said it’s the chargers that worry me. 
there remaining schedule is pretty soft but anything can happen. If we beat them it may come down to tie breaker for afc west leader. I don’t know what the first tie breaker is but maybe division games? Common opponents? 

8 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

Agree that the Chiefs will be favored in every game, but will likely stuble in at least one of them.  The bigger problem is that they lose nearly every tie breaker for a better playoff seeding.  All their losses are against division leaders except the Chargers, and all are in the AFC.  Even winning out may not get them more than one hoe game.

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

there remaining schedule is pretty soft but anything can happen. If we beat them it may come down to tie breaker for afc west leader. I don’t know what the first tie breaker is but maybe division games? Common opponents? 

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Predict the record of the last 6 games? I predict we won 5 of the last six. I even know the scores and some stats:

6 Sun, 10/17
@WSHWSH
W31-13  3-3 Mahomes 397 Williams 62 Kelce 99
7 Sun, 10/24
@TENTEN
L27-3  3-4 Mahomes 206 Mahomes 35 Pringle 73
8 Mon, 11/1
vsNYGNYG
W20-17  4-4 Mahomes 275 Williams 49 Hill 94
9 Sun, 11/7
vsGBGB
W13-7  5-4 Mahomes 166 Williams 70 Kelce 68
10 Sun, 11/14
@LVLV
W41-14  6-4 Mahomes 406 Williams 43 Kelce 119
11 Sun, 11/21
vsDALDAL
W19-9  7-4 Mahomes 260 Edwards-Helaire 63 Hill 77

On 11/27/2021 at 10:53 AM, Holmes4six! said:

there remaining schedule is pretty soft but anything can happen. If we beat them it may come down to tie breaker for afc west leader. I don’t know what the first tie breaker is but maybe division games? Common 

This broncos loss hurts the chargers bad.  

The real key here is that the Defense is for real.  We can get home with 4 guys rushing and  if we blitz , we get home in a big hurry.  Our secondary is excellent and Willie Gay is playing lights out.  

I think Patrick will settle down .  I think he is throwing it with a little less anticipation and perhaps a little late.  Most of the bad throws are behind .  His footwork has been poor as well.  We all know he can perform better.  The team simply has to relax and have fun.  Run the ball more,  suck those safeties in and then you strike deep.  .... for the love of god,  put a game plan together that emphasizes what we are doing well.   

On 12/6/2021 at 3:53 PM, West said:

Agree, Willie Gay and Nick Bolton are both playing well.

w

Bolton needs to play more. Last weeks snaps were a disappointment but it’s hard to argue with 9 points. I hope they don’t fall in love with Dan and Ben again.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Bolton needs to play more. Last weeks snaps were a disappointment but it’s hard to argue with 9 points. I hope they don’t fall in love with Dan and Ben again.

Yea, this is what I'm afraid of. It's like Spags just can't help himself! He has to have them on the field....And now, he has some "I told you so" on his side. So we just might start seeing more Ben Sorenson now..Damn.

12 hours ago, artsy said:

Yea, this is what I'm afraid of. It's like Spags just can't help himself! He has to have them on the field....And now, he has some "I told you so" on his side. So we just might start seeing more Ben Sorenson now..Damn.

Don't mind Sorenson so much as long as HB and Thornhill are in there.  Just glad we don't have to see Sorenson trying to cover Waller.  

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't mind Sorenson so much as long as HB and Thornhill are in there.  Just glad we don't have to see Sorenson trying to cover Waller.  

It’s going to bite them in the ass in a critical moment again. There is never an excuse for Ben over Nick though. Never.