KC Denver game

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs definitely a class above the Donks. That being said ...take nothing for granted. Division games often are battles. The Raiders almost swept us last year. They barely showed up 2 weeks ago. You just never know one. Chiefs almost always get everyone's A game.

I want them to win 20 plus straight against the donks. Keep the winning streak going!

11 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I did read that story.  I suppose it does make a couple of them look like the Pillsbury Doughboys.  I suppose they could replace it with muscle, but I sure wouldn't say that to their faces. I wonder if they ask their wives "does this dress make me look fat?"

I think they should just STFU and play ball. Personally, I like white when it gets all caked with mud. It makes them look mean.

White on white needs some mud to get going, I think the classical approach of red on white is the safest bet. Red on red looks good IMO but we don't seem to play our best.

We should NEVER wear white jerseys at home.  We've only done it once I know of since I've been following football, in Herm's first home game against Cincinnati when Trent Green got hurt.  (We also wore white pants.)

I generally dislike the white over white look, but I tolerate it when we wear the red socks.  Compare the Raiders game or the Rams game from a few years ago (red socks) vs. the Marty era or the 2013 playoff loss at the Colts (white socks).  And you have to look at someone like Mahomes or Jones instead of Hill or Clark, who like to pull the white sanitaries up pretty high.

White over white with white socks is just too bland.

15 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

We should NEVER wear white jerseys at home.  We've only done it once I know of since I've been following football, in Herm's first home game against Cincinnati when Trent Green got hurt.  (We also wore white pants.)

I generally dislike the white over white look, but I tolerate it when we wear the red socks.  Compare the Raiders game or the Rams game from a few years ago (red socks) vs. the Marty era or the 2013 playoff loss at the Colts (white socks).  And you have to look at someone like Mahomes or Jones instead of Hill or Clark, who like to pull the white sanitaries up pretty high.

White over white with white socks is just too bland.

julie andrews cuckoo GIF

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

White on white needs some mud to get going, I think the classical approach of red on white is the safest bet. Red on red looks good IMO but we don't seem to play our best.

Do you really think the uniform colors have an impact on how well we play? Seriously?  :blink:

5 minutes ago, qnet said:

They're also tired of losing to the Chiefs.

They will end up being even more tired.  All of the teams have been game planning for a weak Chiefs defense and trying to simply outscore us. But we have tranformed into a team with an excellent defense. And if Mahomes is willing to use the short game and running game (something no team has game planned for) we can control the clock.  Those two things can break the Broncos hearts once again. Also,  I don't think Chubb will be ready to play much.

29 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

They will end up being even more tired.  All of the teams have been game planning for a weak Chiefs defense and trying to simply outscore us. But we have tranformed into a team with an excellent defense. And if Mahomes is willing to use the short game and running game (something no team has game planned for) we can control the clock.  Those two things can break the Broncos hearts once again. Also,  I don't think Chubb will be ready to play much.

Girl Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

That's a big "IF".  So far, we've heard the talk, but the actions haven't met up yet.  Also, the Donks don't seem to miss Von Miller all that much.  Just glad he's not going up against Wylie.  

He has stated using it early in games, but when things get heated up, he abandons it and wants to shoulder the weight of the team. He needs to discipline himself.  It will get a little better each game. But inside he will always want to be the gunslinger.

The Kansas City Chiefs will have the benefit of playing a shorthanded Denver team next week as several Broncos suffered injuries on Sunday against the Chargers. Most notably, starting quarterback Teddy Bridgewater suffered a shin injury during the game.

Nine players were listed on Denver’s injury report heading into Week 12, with five of the hurt players listed as doubtful or questionable on Friday. Starting defensive end Shelby Harris and tackle Bobby Massie were both ruled out ahead of the matchup this week. Their absences weren’t too difficult to overcome the Broncos in their win over Los Angeles.

The list of injuries for Denver expanded in the effort too, with starting running back Melvin Gordon leaving the game, also starting guard Dalton Risner and starting left tackle Calvin Anderson knocked out of the game. Along with Bridgewater and the others listed out with injury designations before Sunday’s matchup, these players constitute six missing starters in all phases of the game for Denver.

Bronco's are riding high after smoking the Chargers. I believe the Chiefs will bring them back k to earth.  The Chiefs absolutely will be up for this game. Prime time, at, arrowhead. Division team that has shown if you sleep on them, they can whoop you. That being said, I think the Chiefs lay the wood on them. No dream this ti.e, but my gut feeling says 31-10 shellacking of the Bronco's is coming.

It has been said. Mark it down. 

Chiefs win big.

Offense is still killing me right now. I just don't know if I can really count on them to get out of this whole which is the 2 high safeties...(I'm looking at you Andy Reid!!)

Defense has been playing significantly better over the past month.

With all that being said, Chiefs lose another nail-biter by 3

Donks 17 Chiefs 14

2 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Offense is still killing me right now. I just don't know if I can really count on them to get out of this whole which is the 2 high safeties...(I'm looking at you Andy Reid!!)

Donks 17 Chiefs 14

Haven't you picked against the Chiefs the last 3 or 4 games? This means we will win then.

11 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Donks 17 Chiefs 14

It's not like we didn't face plenty of two-high looks from 2018-2020.  There have been a lot of little things that have added up:

• QB and OL getting in sync
  • Play calling - I'm the biggest proponent around here of the increased efficiency of passing and the overrated aspect of the run game, but the one place where the run isn't overrated is when teams are begging you to do it.  We have to be smart and figure out when to run and when not to run.  We also need some better designed and better timed screens.
  • Mental mistakes - drops and penalties have really killed several drives where we were moving the ball splendidly
  • In addition to the mistakes, some of our turnover luck has been flukey.  The league average is that fumbles get recovered fairly evenly by both teams, but we've lost them disproportionately on offense and disproportionately haven't covered them up on defense.  In addition to the mental mistakes of receivers dropping balls, the way they've deflected them right to defenders has been insane.
  • Kelce and Hill - I haven't exactly watched the film myself on this, but I think there is a lot of evidence that they're just not beating man coverage the way they have for the last few years.  Combine with the lack of a #3 option and the job is a lot harder.

And with all that, we will still lapping the field in points per drive through the first four games of the season.  If we can significantly improve in even one to three of these five areas I think the offense is going to start looking like its old self again.

41 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It's not like we didn't face plenty of two-high looks from 2018-2020.  There have been a lot of little things that have added up:

• Play calling - I'm the biggest proponent around here of the increased efficiency of passing and the overrated aspect of the run game, but the one place where the run isn't overrated is when teams are begging you to do it.  We have to be smart and figure out when to run and when not to run.  We also need some better designed and better timed screens.
  • Mental mistakes - drops and penalties have really killed several drives where we were moving the ball splendidly
  • In addition to the mistakes, some of our turnover luck has been flukey.  The league average is that fumbles get recovered fairly evenly by both teams, but we've lost them disproportionately on offense and disproportionately haven't covered them up on defense.  In addition to the mental mistakes of receivers dropping balls, the way they've deflected them right to defenders has been insane.
  • Kelce and Hill - I haven't exactly watched the film myself on this, but I think there is a lot of evidence that they're just not beating man coverage the way they have for the last few years.  Combine with the lack of a #3 option and the job is a lot harder.

And with all that, we will still lapping the field in points per drive through the first four games of the season.  If we can significantly improve in even one to three of these five areas I think the offense is going to start looking like its old self again.

Pressure on Mahomes.  As this line continues to develop together, combined with their skills individually, I see these problems declining markedly.  The biggest thing for me is the continued overuse of passing plays on first downs.  2nd or 3rd and short solves all kinds of problems.  With CEH back and our beasts at run blocking, our running game should be utilized far more than it is on early downs. So, that play-calling I believe will clearly make this offense return to dominance. Mahomes also needs to trust his secondary receivers more...well, Hardman not so much.  I'm thinking of Pringle right now. Mahomes seems to focus too much on his primary targets.  With his vision and brain processing, he should do better at throwing more often to his alternatives.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Just seems like everytime I watch a game I see 2 High. The Raiders tried to go away from it and we stomped a mud-hole in that ass.

They absolutely need to run more. Make the safeties play up in the box. Even the arm-chair QB's see this.