KC Denver game

Not sure what Clyde would have made without the fumble but it wasn't enough to get a first down.  BAL would have had to use their last T.O. and the Chiefs would have had another chance to get closer although I like the chances for any Butker kick inside 50 yds.  Only in hindsight is passing a better option. 

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

A moderately successful run also gives us the first down.  I'm not lobbying for running it, I'm just saying that keeping the clock running is more likely with a run than with a pass.  And the clock was still in play.  

Yeah.  Just keep working the clock with safe runs until no significant time is left on the clock. Then break their hearts by winning a two point victory with a field goal chip shot.  I think it would have been two points, wasn't it?  Or would it have been one point?

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

You can give up on football and still be a Broncos fan.  

He just wants to prepare us for his teasing in the unlikely event that we lose. He is in a win-win position, and he knows it. He feels like he's got nothing to lose. Actually, he doesn't.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Well we're just disagreeing on the probabilities now.  I don't think passing is particularly risky if done correctly. 

I don't think any play is risky if it succeeds. :lol:

I just think Andy was dead-on right in calling it the way he did. 

Just now, Adamixoye said:

What I meant is there are obviously higher and lower risk ways to pass.

Can't argue with that.  But both of those types of pass plays  have a greater chance of failing than running the ball and kicking from that distance if the play fails.  The least likely outcome is CEH fumbling. But alas!

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Can't argue with that.  But both of those types of pass plays  have a greater chance of failing than running the ball and kicking from that distance if the play fails.  The least likely outcome is CEH fumbling. But alas!

Well, to reiterate what I said earlier, I think the probabilities that you're insisting on are debatable.  And part of the equation should be the potential benefit of the play and overall likelihood of success.  The worst case, best case, and average scenario must all be considered, not just the worst case.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well, to reiterate what I said earlier, I think the probabilities that you're insisting on are debatable.  And part of the equation should be the potential benefit of the play and overall likelihood of success.  The worst case, best case, and average scenario must all be considered, not just the worst case.

I give up.  You win.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, Adamixoye said:

Well the conservation turned into a passing vs. running debate, and since I was told broad aggregate stats weren't convincing, I was trying to point to a specific, concrete anecdote where I think running burned us.

Now, in a sense I don't totally believe what I'm saying because I think you should judge on process rather than results.  Do what SHOULD work more of the time and in the long run it will.  Whether or not an individual decision works out doesn't mean it was a good or bad idea.  Do the right process and in the long run you'll have superior results.  But, as I say below, it was both a bad result and arguably a bad process.

We were at the 32 and passing much better than running.  According to the play-by-play CEH was actually stuffed for -2 yards prior to the fumble, unlike the 3 straight very successful passing plays just prior to it.  I don't think it's hindsight at all.  I groaned at the choice to run as I saw CEH get stuff BEFORE the ball came out.

So to go to what I said above, I think it was not only a bad result, but it was bad process.  "But Mahomes could have thrown an interception!"  Well, I suppose he could have.  Remember that earlier in that game he had thrown just his first September interception ever --- take that whichever what supports your narrative, I suppose, either way (to assume he was less likely to throw one or more likely) is probably some form of the Gambler's Fallacy.  But the larger context is that we scored 35 points and he was carving them up.  If you really want the ball in CEH's hands instead of Patrick's, then I feel like we much be watching very different games and I have no idea what to tell you.

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying, that's why I brought up the play-by-play. Keeping the ball in Mahomes hands may have won the game. Having said that, they were so close, I didn't have an issue with running it. I guess I'm riding the fence, because you guys are really getting into it. 

This whole season has been weird. It seems like when our interior 3 are playing well CEH is really, really good up the middle, but they never stick with it. Then when they're not playing as good, they keep running it.

I hate the outside zone plays with CEH. That doesn't seem to fit his strength and is more of a Jamal Charles type of play (on a side note, good God imagine him with Mahomes). 

I just got to the point were I can't knock Reid. He's so creative at times, when it works it's really awesome. When the other team see's it and blows up the play, it sucks. Anyway, I have to catch up on what you all are discussing now. even Broncostud is back, and involved in this thread, which is cool. 

On 12/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, reesebobby said:

You can give up on football and still be a Broncos fan.  

The Broncos made it to like 7 or 8 Super Bowls between the time the Chiefs made it to their Super Bowl and drafted Mahomes... 

I wouldn't let this success go to your head too much dude, not so long ago this board was bending over backwards to try and convince us that Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpin were franchise quarterbacks while the Chiefs were basically just a glorified bye week for every other team in the AFC West...  It always comes full circle.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

He just wants to prepare us for his teasing in the unlikely event that we lose. He is in a win-win position, and he knows it. He feels like he's got nothing to lose. Actually, he doesn't.

Try sitting through a game of "Checkdown Teddy" seeing a wide open Post or Seam, then playing like a cowardly little bitch and throwing the 5 yard hitch on 3 and 10.  It's a losing venture for the fans.

It was like the Griese/Orton years.  Denver was competitive, but it was a frustrating and horrific way to spend 3 hours of a life.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

To be fair, the Donks are one elite QB from being a top team.  Their record this year won't have them drafting high enough to grab the next "big sure thing."  So it's either trade up or imitate the Smith led Chiefs, always competitive but never on top.  

They could get Rogers.

The team with the best pass rush will win tonight. Hope that is KC.

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

The Broncos made it to like 7 or 8 Super Bowls between the time the Chiefs made it to their Super Bowl and drafted Mahomes... 

I wouldn't let this success go to your head too much dude, not so long ago this board was bending over backwards to try and convince us that Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpin were franchise quarterbacks while the Chiefs were basically just a glorified bye week for every other team in the AFC West...  It always comes full circle.

No doubt tonight is the Donkeys Super Bowl. Even if they should somehow win, law of averages is on their side, they will still not be in the play offs. They wont beat KC twice and like I said, This is their Super Bowl. NIce of you to show up once every 2-3 years or so. Your team has played a very weak schedule. Im sure you will be gone again after a loss.