KC Denver game

Just now, Adamixoye said:

Andy has always been like this, I don't know why anyone is surprised.  You could say it's a lack of confidence in the offense but maybe it's a vote of confidence for the defense?  Held them to 3 in a half, 7 point lead, we're getting the ball back.  I don't love it but what are you going to do?

My whole point is we've been arguing for days about running vs. not and all the complaints aren't really about any cohesive underlying philosophy, it's just complaining when things don't work.  Incomplete pass?  We should have run!  Stuffed at the line?  We should have passed!

1:08 isn't the time to run in volume.   its not rocket science.   I don't mind running the ball but you can't gain 90 yards running the ball with 1:08 and we have a 1/2 billion dollar qb that used to get that in his sleep.   And worst of all, if you are gonna run it then do it all 3 downs and force them to burn a TO.   It's just bad coaching.   D does look good.  Had Ward caught that easy INT the D wouldn't have had to be on the field for 20 plays last possession.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

1:08 isn't the time to run in volume.   its not rocket science.   I don't mind running the ball but you can't gain 90 yards running the ball with 1:08 and we have a 1/2 billion dollar qb that used to get that in his sleep.   And worst of all, if you are gonna run it then do it all 3 downs and force them to burn a TO.   It's just bad coaching.   D does look good.  Had Ward caught that easy INT the D wouldn't have had to be on the field for 20 plays last possession.

So if what you're saying is true then why does everyone want to run so bad when it's not an end of the half situation?  Why not turn the QB loose for the whole game?  Again, it makes no sense.  I'm not saying never run.  But "balance" and "establishing the run" are VASTLY overrated.

I know Andy is a loyal coach but I wonder if this team is too happy go lucky.  A good benching does work every now and then.   DJ credits that for making him the stud he became.   Pringle has 2 tonight.  Hill had two on that possession.   And another reason why you don't waste any possessions even ones with 1:08 left on the clock.  

2 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

At least 7

It's 6; see my earlier post.

There was a 7th in the TEN game, I think to Gordon, but it wasn't off the WR in the same way, the DB actually had tight coverage and I think may have hit the ball first before deflecting to another DB.  So I don't think that one really counts unless you're giving Mahomes every tiniest benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t understand the idea that it’s a vote of confidence for the defense.   If my defense is playing well, I’m more likely to be dangerous on offense bc if there’s a catastrophic mistake I’m expecting the defense to bail me out.  Turtling in that situation just makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

He’s become a weapon in the passing game. I wish we’d use him more. 

For sure.  They seem to be using our RB's tonight more than normal.  And they are killing the Broncos.  Something I think could have been done all year long successfully.    I wish we had a real speedster for those RPO draws though.  A guy who can bounce it outside and get the corner vs a LB that hesitates would be lethal as well.   Williams and CEH aren't fast enough and LB's can always catch up when they bounce it.    

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It's 6; see my earlier post.

There was a 7th in the TEN game, I think to Gordon, but it wasn't off the WR in the same way, the DB actually had tight coverage and I think may have hit the ball first before deflecting to another DB.  So I don't think that one really counts unless you're giving Mahomes every tiniest benefit of the doubt.

There was a recent article about this very subject that I read (though I cannot recall where).

they went through six (6) interceptions that hit the WR right in the hands.  

that one there by Tyreek would make it 7 on the year.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm getting tired of the nitpicking of Mahomes but Collingsworth isn't wrong.  The side arm crap when its not needed needs to stop.  We miss some easy passes way to often.

He’s getting no help from his receivers.  He’s thrown one bad ball, and had multiple good ones dropped.  

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

They're 6-5, took Dallas to the woodshed, and have an okay defense.  A little perspective...

Because Denver’s defense is responsible for bad drops, turtling, and drive ending mistakes?  Every drive the chiefs have had has ended because of mistakes they made, not plays Denver made. 

Our Offense isn't disciplined.  That goes back to coaching and execution.   If we were we would be one of the greatest if not the greatest offense ever.   We are too lackadaisical and happy go lucky to be serious about it.  Defenses are making us methodically move the ball down the field and we can't stay focused long enough to do it consistently.   Its gonna cost us a SB if they don't get focused and disciplined.   Every possession we have stopped ourselves.   Y'all talk about this Denver secondary and they are very good but we are moving the ball at will, but that secondary is relying on the Chiefs to make mistakes to get them off the field.  They aren't dictating to our offense we are gifting them turnovers and stupid play calling and penalties to kill our own drives.    This is the Oline from last year against an elite D this is an underperforming O that doesn't have the mental fortitude to destroy a defense in plethora of ways.      This team has such potential! 

Just now, Obi Won Mahome said:

There was a recent article about this very subject that I read (though I cannot recall where).

they went through six (6) interceptions that hit the WR right in the hands.  

that one there by Tyreek would make it 7 on the year.

I'd like to see it.  I catalogued the ones I could remember.

This article, coming into tonight, agrees with my count - 5 that hit receivers, and a sixth "high probability" completion (I think that might be the TEN one I mentioned).

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/11/patrick-mahomes-interceptions-unlucky-stat-dropped-passes-receivers-chiefs-nfl