KC Denver game

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Bienemy's name hasn't been called out much. We all point fingers to Reid , but who knows ..

I think thats because there is no way Reid doesn't yank back controls or the Offensive players don't revolt if EB has been the issue this whole time.   I think he is what he is, a the mediator of offensive plays.   

This refusal to game plan an offense that takes advantage of what the D is giving us because its boring and "not fun" could easily be the reason this team misses out on a SB.   Good teams take whats given and get disciplined in their execution.   At this point we are our own worst enemy.   No D is good enough to stop us......they don't need to.   Just sit back and allow us to do it for them.   We need a #2 wr worse than bad with super glue for hands.  Josh Gordon another game.....another goose egg.   Its official......he's our Leveon Bell of Wrs.   Had some hopes, should have known better.   

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think thats because there is no way Reid doesn't yank back controls or the Offensive players don't revolt if EB has been the issue this whole time.   I think he is what he is, a the mediator of offensive plays.   

This refusal to game plan an offense that takes advantage of what the D is giving us because its boring and "not fun" could easily be the reason this team misses out on a SB.   Good teams take whats given and get disciplined in their execution.   At this point we are our own worst enemy.   No D is good enough to stop us......they don't need to.   Just sit back and allow us to do it for them.   We need a #2 wr worse than bad with super glue for hands.  Josh Gordon another game.....another goose egg.   Its official......he's our Leveon Bell of Wrs.   Had some hopes, should have known better.   

Very odd after a BYE week that they couldn't draw up a target for Gordon. After the turnover Mahomes may have missed him on 3rd down...might have been a TD went short to Kelce who came up short.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

That is the FORMULA for stopping the chiefs. 2 deep safeties and force the chiefs to be patient and FLAWLESLY execute, all the way down the field. 

That  means: No penalties, no drops and no turnovers. 

How many times have we been FLAWLESS on a drive??

11 minutes ago, artsy said:

That is the FORMULA for stopping the chiefs. 2 deep safeties and force the chiefs to be patient and FLAWLESLY execute, all the way down the field. 

The drops have been huge, and I think it's a mental thing. I think these guys are so focused o making a play and not messing up, it's hurting them IMHO. if they can clean that up, the Chiefs will be a very solid team going into the playoffs. 

Right now, I just don't know what will happen. 

I'll just go on record and say, I'm very worried if they meet New England in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

The drops have been huge, and I think it's a mental thing. I think these guys are so focused o making a play and not messing up, it's hurting them IMHO. if they can clean that up, the Chiefs will be a very solid team going into the playoffs. 

I'll just go on record and say, I'm very worried if they meet New England in the playoffs. 

This maybe true. Can’t just play fast because worried about mistakes. 
they were saying broncos really played a lot of single high but we didn’t take advantage. 
o line had a hell of time holding up also but ried has to get mahomes under Center and 3 step drop and balls out. This will help him with less side arm bullshit and also minimize penalties. Off course continue to run the damn ball. 
reid also has some plays and things he is not showing. A win is a win and I’ll take them any we can. Our defense is playing well. Next up raiders. 
keep it rolling chiefs. 

13 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

This maybe true. Can’t just play fast because worried about mistakes. 
they were saying broncos really played a lot of single high but we didn’t take advantage. 
o line had a hell of time holding up also but ried has to get mahomes under Center and 3 step drop and balls out. This will help him with less side arm bullshit and also minimize penalties. Off course continue to run the damn ball. 
reid also has some plays and things he is not showing. A win is a win and I’ll take them any we can. Our defense is playing well. Next up raiders. 
keep it rolling chiefs. 

I had a whole response  that I drunkingly deleted. I wiil say i agree for the most part ...LOL!!

26 minutes ago, qnet said:

NE @ Bufd 2morrow night. Just kick back and watch.

Question for 

53 minutes ago, artsy said:

That is the thing though.  We don't have to be flawless.  We are good enough to overcome even a couple flaws.   We converted a 1st and 20 like it was nothing tonight.   We just can't have back to back to back flaws.  It goes back to execution and often times coaches that are players coaches don't demand that or hold players accountable.    Also, our first 15 plays have been looking amazing and then bam we look like crap so maybe there is something to who is calling the plays or we score real easy and want to go back to gunslinging with a little lead.

Has anyone sat the offense down and explained to them if they would be patient and execute and take what the defenses give them and destroy them like they are capable of then they would see less of those same looks?   

On a light note.   The O isn't that far away.  We move the ball at will when we execute.   Drops 100% killed the rhythm and momentum tonight.  Coupled with that turnover off a dropped ball and we took a step back.  We were up and Andy decided to turtle up and not show anything else.   The RB's catching the ball looked down right scary though.  Its been there all year and maybe thats what they are trying to save.   Mahomes could get 400 yards just tossing to those jokers.  Main thing is we got the W.   Allows us to keep trying to figure it out without costing us a chance at the #1 seed.   5 games to go fellas!  

I love how the defense seems to have found some identity. We still give up a lot on the ground but that only seems to be whenever the logical choice is a pass play. Once that's figured out as well I think we'll have a SB-caliber defense.

Offense still needs to figure out this playcalling. We don't seem to be doing whatever has been working for us but that may simply be due to keeping conservative due to lack of opposition on the field. Need to be playing under center more often, this shotgun formation is pointless especially with such a decent line. 

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

It seems most of the drops are on 3rd down or on a play that would have been a gig gainer. 

Fixable. I predict KC with no drops and no ints the next 5 games. 

Hope you are right.  Mental mistakes is disheartening this deep into the season. 

Agree, he tries to stay in the pocket and we get to see all sorts of dipsey doo's, spin-o-ramas.

The offense is close...Hill had a TD on a deep pass over the middle but Mahomes could not step into the throw.

Also, another tip//dropped pass INT.

I would rather have the Chiefs' Offense in a play off game than any other.

w

3 minutes ago, West said:

Agree, he tries to stay in the pocket and we get to see all sorts of dipsey doo's, spin-o-ramas.

The offense is close...Hill had a TD on a deep pass over the middle but Mahomes could not step into the throw.

Also, another tip//dropped pass INT.

I would rather have the Chiefs' Offense in a play off game than any other.

w

True.  No matter what, he can still do things no one else can do in big, do-or-die situations. It's what we lacked through all those frustrating years.  Who knows?  Maybe the "kicker who shall remain unnamed" could be actually named.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

True.  No matter what, he can still do things no one else can do in big, do-or-die situations. It's what we lacked through all those frustrating years.  Who knows?  Maybe the "kicker who shall remain unnamed" could be actually named.  :lol:

The kicker who can't be named and the myopic DE who can't line up straight will forever have their names stricken from the record.