KC Denver game

1 hour ago, West said:

Agree, he tries to stay in the pocket and we get to see all sorts of dipsey doo's, spin-o-ramas.

The offense is close...Hill had a TD on a deep pass over the middle but Mahomes could not step into the throw.

Also, another tip//dropped pass INT.

I would rather have the Chiefs' Offense in a play off game than any other.

w

Hm. I know this, when their backs are against the wall, they will score. I also know this, they better find a 2 wr next year. They need a legit compliment they are willing to commit to. Like a Refrow type. I still think we have that on the roster, I just don’t think there is a commitment to get that person regular looks. The offenses’ biggest problem right now is there is no identity again. Absolutely nothing after the script. They need a fresh take, a fresh mind. Because the weapons are still there. The offensive line is legit. It’s pretty mind boggling.

The comments on this thread are legitimate concerns, but it's worth re-stating what everyone already knows.  Games against divisional opponents are unpredictable and more difficult, because teams all know their opponents with twice the experience with them, and more at stake in the playoffs.  This all adds up to scores and W-L that are more unpredictable.  Considering this was Denver with their almost frantic desperation to end their huge losing streak against us and the quality of their players, we were fortunate to have beaten them. Their coaches knew how to thwart us twice as well and who to avoid twice as well.  But they were set to beat a team with a very iffy defense, and we beat them because we aren't iffy anymore on D.  I think the offense will emerge from its shell as the final stretch and playoffs come. By the way, Bridgwater's ability to move around, avoid sacks, and hit guys when under enormous pressure was almost Mahomes-like. Future games with them will get tougher and tougher.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The comments on this thread or legitimate concerns, but it's worth re-stating what everyone already knows.  Games against divisional opponents are unpredictable and more difficult, because teams all know their opponents with twice the experience with them, and more at stake in the playoffs.  This all adds up to scores and W-L that are more unpredictable.  Considering this was Denver with their almost frantic desperation to end their huge losing streak against us and the quality of their players, we were fortunate to have beaten them. Their coaches knew how to thwart us twice as well and who to avoid twice as well.  But they were set to beat a team with a very iffy defense, and we beat them because we aren't iffy anymore on D.  I think the offense will emerge from its shell as the final stretch and playoffs come. By the way, Bridgwater's ability to move around, avoid sacks, and hit guys when under enormous pressure was almost Mahomes-like. Future games with them will get tougher and tougher.

I was in agreement with you until the hard left turn into excessive Bridgewater praise.  I don't think he'll even be their QB next year.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

I was in agreement with you until the hard left turn into excessive Bridgewater praise.  I don't think he'll even be their QB next year.

I don't know.  I was impressed with his basic skills.  Just not completely developed.  He sure is elusive against heavy pressure.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

30 next year, so practically a rookie in Denver standards. 

i have never paid much attention to him, until last night.  But it's Denver. Still, I was really impressed with his ability to escape what was really great pressure by the Chiefs interior last night, and still get the ball to his outlet receivers.  Of course, we had to keep our LB's in position to limit Javonte Williams (didn't help a whole lot).  I guess that made it easier on Bridgewater. Still he looked impressive to me. I couldn't believe how well he escaped pressure from Ingram, Jones, Clark, and Reed.I had no idea he was 30.  Shit, he is almost my age! 🎂

20 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I'd like to see it.  I catalogued the ones I could remember.

This article, coming into tonight, agrees with my count - 5 that hit receivers, and a sixth "high probability" completion (I think that might be the TEN one I mentioned).

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/11/patrick-mahomes-interceptions-unlucky-stat-dropped-passes-receivers-chiefs-nfl

Adamixoye:

Here is a link to the article I was talking about:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/11/patrick-mahomes-interceptions-unlucky-stat-dropped-passes-receivers-chiefs-nfl

Looks like it was the same article!  I circled the portion i was citing in red. 

6 of PM15’s interceptions had a 75% catch probability.  In other words, 6 interceptions were from throws the WR should have caught.

C86E6A5C-A0AB-42AA-913F-15E69750F51E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Adamixoye:

Here is a link to the article I was talking about:

Looks like it was the same article!  I circled the portion i was citing in red. 

6 of PM15’s interceptions had a 75% catch probability.  In other words, 6 interceptions were from throws the WR should have caught.

C86E6A5C-A0AB-42AA-913F-15E69750F51E.jpeg

Okay, this is like I had guessed earlier.  The sentence right before this one (blocked out by your highlighting) says that only 5 were deflections off of a Chiefs receiver, which is what I can count by memory.  I'm guessing the other high probability one that wasn't a deflection off the Chiefs player was the target to Gordon against TEN, it was on target to Gordon but the defender was there and deflected it, into a different defender.  Add the one from last night and it's now 6 deflected (by Chiefs) INTs.

14 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Okay, this is like I had guessed earlier.  The sentence right before this one (blocked out by your highlighting) says that only 5 were deflections off of a Chiefs receiver, which is what I can count by memory.  I'm guessing the other high probability one that wasn't a deflection off the Chiefs player was the target to Gordon against TEN, it was on target to Gordon but the defender was there and deflected it, into a different defender.  Add the one from last night and it's now 6 deflected (by Chiefs) INTs.

The target to Gordon in Tennessee hit McKinnon in the hands in the end zone.

McKinnon bounced the ball in the air like he was setting up a spike in Volleyball…. LOL.  He should have caught it for a TD.

All this being said:  Mahomes looks off this year.  I see it in his accuracy, his body language, his eyes, and the rest of his play.

2 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

All this being said:  Mahomes looks off this year.  I see it in his accuracy, his body language, his eyes, and the rest of his play.

I agree and I may be off base here but new baby, commercials, part ownership in this and that not to mention QBing more games in the last 3 years than any other QB, regardless of age has to take its toll..He needs a rest and that is why I personally would not of been mad if the Chiefs missed a playoff for a season + better Draft pick opportunities. 

That being said it looks like another long season for the Chiefs unless they fall on their face.

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I agree and I may be off base here but new baby, commercials, part ownership in this and that not to mention QBing more games in the last 3 years than any other QB, regardless of age has to take its toll..He needs a rest and that is why I personally would not of been mad if the Chiefs missed a playoff for a season + better Draft pick opportunities. 

That being said it looks like another long season for the Chiefs unless they fall on their face.

I THINK those commercials are shot all at once vs during the season? It could be that Mahomes has a sore arm? It could be he does not like being told to be what he is not, a pocket guy? It could be that he is frustrated with the play calling? He may be thinking way too much during the play instead of just being Mahomes? He may have some personal goals that he is not able to accomplish with this style of play? I think Mahomes does want to be the QB leader in all things and stats. Nothing wrong with that. It could be lots of things. Mahomes will always say the right things. He is a team first guy. Just cause he says it does not mean its completely true.

35 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

The target to Gordon in Tennessee hit McKinnon in the hands in the end zone.

McKinnon bounced the ball in the air like he was setting up a spike in Volleyball…. LOL.  He should have caught it for a TD.

You are confusing plays.  The Gordon/McKinnon play in the end zone was against NYG.  I did already count that in my 5 prior to Denver / 6 including Hill against Denver.

The INT against TEN (and honestly, I'm not 100% sure it was to Gordon, may have been Kemp or Pringle) was different.

A down year for Mahomes is a career year for many other QBs. We have been spoiled and I think he along with the offense will adjust. My worry is the continued drops by our receivers that have killed drives and cost us points. Even if they have caught it, a few of them have had fumbles that stop drives.

Alright, if you don't believe me, below is a video all of his interceptions through the NYG game.  Here's the count:

• BAL - heave on 3rd down
  • LAC 2x - (1) off Kemp, deflected in to air; (2) late heave on 3rd down
  • PHI - over the middle, on 3rd down
  • BUF 2x - (1) off Hill, pick-6; (2) to the DL coming off the edge (self-tip)
  • WAS 2x - (1) off Hill in the red zone; (2) the wild 3rd down heave after he had fumbled the ball
  • TEN - I was right, this was a target to Gordon.  It looks like it's off Gordon in this clip but in other replay angles I've seen I think it's actually the defender that bats it into the air first.  This is the debatable one.
  • NYG - off Gordon and McKinnon, caromed into the air
  • DAL - off Kelce (not in video)
  • DEN - off Hill (not in video)
  • No INTs vs. CLE, GB, or LV

So my count is 6 total tips that you blame on the receivers - Kemp vs. LAC, Hill 3x (BUF, WAS, TEN), Gordon/McKinnon vs. NYG, Kelce vs. DAL.  Gordon vs. TEN I'm not counting, maybe that's the one that had a high catch probability but wasn't a deflection per how the USA Today article described it.

12 interceptions:

• 6 deflections off our guys
  • 2 great plays by defenders (TEN, BUF #2)
  • 3 wild heaves that Mahomes should NOT have thrown (BAL, LAC #2, WAS #2)
  • 1 fairly normal interception (against PHI; target was to Kelce, Mahomes makes a bad read and throw but it's not as bad as those other ones)

9 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Alright, if you don't believe me, below is a video all of his interceptions through the NYG game.  Here's the count:

• BAL - heave on 3rd down
  • LAC 2x - (1) off Kemp, deflected in to air; (2) late heave on 3rd down
  • PHI - over the middle, on 3rd down
  • BUF 2x - (1) off Hill, pick-6; (2) to the DL coming off the edge (self-tip)
  • WAS 2x - (1) off Hill in the red zone; (2) the wild 3rd down heave after he had fumbled the ball
  • TEN - I was right, this was a target to Gordon.  It looks like it's off Gordon in this clip but in other replay angles I've seen I think it's actually the defender that bats it into the air first.  This is the debatable one.
  • NYG - off Gordon and McKinnon, caromed into the air
  • DAL - off Kelce (not in video)
  • DEN - off Hill (not in video)
  • No INTs vs. CLE, GB, or LV

So my count is 6 total tips that you blame on the receivers - Kemp vs. LAC, Hill 3x (BUF, WAS, TEN), Gordon/McKinnon vs. NYG, Kelce vs. DAL.  Gordon vs. TEN I'm not counting, maybe that's the one that had a high catch probability but wasn't a deflection per how the USA Today article described it.

12 interceptions:

• 6 deflections off our guys
  • 2 great plays by defenders (TEN, BUF #2)
  • 3 wild heaves that Mahomes should NOT have thrown (BAL, LAC #2, WAS #2)
  • 1 fairly normal interception (against PHI; target was to Kelce, Mahomes makes a bad read and throw but it's not as bad as those other ones)

Adamixoye:  you are probably correct.  I am going off of memory right now.  Will have to go back & review the Tennessee & NYG games.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:16 PM, AFCWEST said:

I hope he is their QB cause he STINKS. Developed? How many years does that take?

Checkdown Teddy is as developed as he is ever going to be.  The Broncos should have just stuck with Lock, who at the very least gas elite arm talent and doesn’t puss out of every throw over 15 yards.  That would at least realize, for better or worse, the draft pick they used to acquire him.

Above average QB play wins that game Sunday, but Teddy is just average.  Seems like a great guy, but his skills are average.  His propensity to check down every read over 10 yards is the stuff of offensive nightmares.

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

Checkdown Teddy is as developed as he is ever going to be.  The Broncos should have just stuck with Lock, who at the very least gas elite arm talent and doesn’t puss out of every throw over 15 yards.  That would at least realize, for better or worse, the draft pick they used to acquire him.

Above average QB play wins that game Sunday, but Teddy is just average.  Seems like a great guy, but his skills are average.  His propensity to check down every read over 10 yards is the stuff of offensive nightmares.

An above average game by Mahomes would have made this a blowout.

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

I would have rolled with Luck as well. Some QBs take a while. I like Teddy more than some but he is a quality backup. Luck could develop in time into a starter. They should have rolled with him. 

13 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would have rolled with Luck as well. Some QBs take a while. I like Teddy more than some but he is a quality backup. Luck could develop in time into a starter. They should have rolled with him. 

LOCK also SUCKS. Should have fired Elway. 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

LUCK also SUCKS. Should have fired Elway. 

But Luck could be developed. He has a Carr type ceiling, but Teddy does not even have that. I don’t know about firing Elway. That is a scrappy tough team that is missing a QB. If he lands Rogers next year, look out with that roster.

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

But Luck could be developed. He has a Carr type ceiling, but Teddy does not even have that. I don’t know about firing Elway. That is a scrappy tough team that is missing a QB. If he lands Rogers next year, look out with that roster.

Chiefs 12 in a row. Donkeys 6 years+  as  losers. Elway was a disaster. By the time they get a QB the defense will be in decline. I hope they switch to Lock. He is a Lock to set the turnover record. Lock looks scared. Yes Donkeys please give Lock a few more seasons.

Rogers will stay in GB. That team is too good to leave. That division is awful. Does Rogers really want to be in the Chiefs division?