#1 seed still very much in play

16 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

My playoff machine, Chiefs top seed and the Ravens miss the playoffs:

image.png.f9ed6e7fa6c932ed7b26a6300c035881.png

I did an honest game by game playoff machine and picked them how I really feel they should go.  There's a big logjam and it doesn't take that much to kick anyone out, including the Ravens.  I ended up with:

1.  Chiefs  13-4

2.  Titans 12-5 (I'm not sure I believe that, but their schedule is pretty soft the rest of the way)

3.  Bills 12-5

4.  Ravens  11-6

5.  Colts 10-7

6.  Pats 10-7

7.  Chargers 10-7

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I did an honest game by game playoff machine and picked them how I really feel they should go.  There's a big logjam and it doesn't take that much to kick anyone out, including the Ravens.  I ended up with:

1.  Chiefs  13-4

2.  Titans 12-5 (I'm not sure I believe that, but their schedule is pretty soft the rest of the way)

3.  Bills 12-5

4.  Ravens  11-6

5.  Colts 10-7

6.  Pats 10-7

7.  Chargers 10-7

There's no super powerhouse this season.  Every team has it's faults.  The Chiefs offense is sputtering,  The Titans are wrecks.  The Ravens barely winning and have about four tough games ahead.  The Bills and Pats play each other and could split.  The Chargers have a must win game against the Chiefs.  My point is that it's harder this year to pick wins/losses that it has been in most seasons.  More upsets than I can ever recall so far this season.  Guess it's called parity.  

54 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs would have to win out IMO to garner the #1 seed. Bengals and Chargers (on a short week) on the road could be a problem. Chiefs generally do not fair well traveling and playing a divisional opponent on a short week.

Actually the have fared well on the road. It seems lately it was home that gave us trouble. Last 3 years we have only 3 road losses. That is 21-3. Home has been much more. This year we are 4-2 home and 3-2 road so far.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's no super powerhouse this season.  Every team has it's faults.  The Chiefs offense is sputtering,  The Titans are wrecks.  The Ravens barely winning and have about four tough games ahead.  The Bills and Pats play each other and could split.  The Chargers have a must win game against the Chiefs.  My point is that it's harder this year to pick wins/losses that it has been in most seasons.  More upsets than I can ever recall so far this season.  Guess it's called parity.  

The NFL says they want parity, but I don't think the fans do.  Fans want to see two powerhouses battling it out in the Superbowl.  

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Actually the have fared well on the road. It seems lately it was home that gave us trouble. Last 3 years we have only 3 road losses. That is 21-3. Home has been much more. This year we are 4-2 home and 3-2 road so far.

But look at the Thursday night games against the Raiders. There for a while it seemed like the league loved to put the Chiefs in Oakland on a short week. Did we win any of those?

On 11/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, oldtimer said:

the NFL wants Brady vs Pats in the SB..mark it down

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/are-you-ready-for-a-bucs-patriots-super-bowl-165706199.html

Are you ready for a Bucs-Patriots Super Bowl? TV execs are

Jeff Eisenberg
Thu, December 2, 2021, 10:57 AM

It may not just be chowdah-craving, Dunkin-sipping New Englanders who are rejoicing over their favorite football team’s return to prominence.

The Patriots have also provided NBC executives reason to raise glasses of hazy IPA and dance along to Bon Jovi’s “This is Our House.”

Thanks to a surprising six-game win streak that has catapulted them to the top of their division, the Patriots have established themselves as a threat to emerge from the AFC playoffs. That means the Super Bowl matchup that could draw the biggest TV audience this February is suddenly a realistic and tantalizing possibility.

Tampa Bay versus New England.

Tom Brady versus Bill Belichick.

“It’s absolutely the dream Super Bowl,” said Patrick Crakes, an ex-Fox Sports executive turned media consultant. Jay Rosenstein, a former CBS Sports vice president of programming, echoed that, arguing that only a Super Bowl pitting the Dallas Cowboys against a marquee AFC team could rival Brady against Belichick from a TV viewership perspective.

Brady would be seeking back-to-back Super Bowl victories in Tampa Bay and further validation that his golden arm was the driving force behind the Patriots dynasty. Belichick would be aiming to prove he can win a championship without his longtime quarterback and that his tactical brilliance was more essential.

“The storylines,” says Rosenstein, “would write themselves.”

When Brady’s Buccaneers bested Belichick’s Patriots in their first-ever regular season matchup eight weeks ago, a Super Bowl rematch did not seem likely. This was a New England team that was 8-11 since jettisoning Brady, was starting an unproven rookie quarterback and was behaving like a team in the midst of a rebuild. Only three days after the loss to the Bucs, the Patriots dumped two-time all-Pro cornerback Stephon Gilmore in exchange for a 2023 sixth-round draft pick.

How did the Patriots (8-4) so quickly go from rebuilding to revival? No single player nor position group deserves all the praise. Give credit to a ball-hawking defense that Belichick has molded into one of the NFL’s best; to a two-headed backfield that has taken pressure off Mac Jones; and to a poised, efficient rookie quarterback who every week is becoming more assertive in the huddle and more confident throwing the ball downfield.

New England’s plus-146 point differential this season leads the NFL. Only the Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals are also above plus-100.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

But look at the Thursday night games against the Raiders. There for a while it seemed like the league loved to put the Chiefs in Oakland on a short week. Did we win any of those?

Really? The statement was we don't do to well on the road. Noy a specific day or against a team on a certain day. Look at our record with Mahomes or even Reid so far against them.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Really? The statement was we don't do to well on the road. Noy a specific day or against a team on a certain day. Look at our record with Mahomes or even Reid so far against them.

That's not what I said. I specifically said short week against the division opponent in my original post.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

That's not what I said. I specifically said short week against the division opponent in my original post.

Well you mentioned road and Bengals. We have done well in the road. For Thursday night games we have done very well winning 

We beat Buffalo last year away I'm 2020.

Beat Denver in mile high, divisional game in 2019.

Lost to Oakland in 2014 away.

Beat Philly in 2013 at their house.

At home games below.

Beat chargers in 2018 at home.

Also chargers at home 2017.

Beat Oakland in 2016. 

Lost to Denver in 2015 at home.

I mean what is your definition of traveling and playing well, whether you meant it together or not for just divisional opponent, on a short week. I went back to 2013 because that was Reids beginning here. Look Mahomes era and it is even better. We are 1-1 away on a short week against divisional opponents. 3-1 away overall.

3-1 against divisional opponents at home.

So overall totals we are 6-3 on a short week. 1-1 away on opponents, and 4-2 overall against divisional opponents. I think we have fared well. Not like we have a total losing record since el Reid has been our coach and even better with Mahomes at QB. Then again I suppose it depends on how we far you go back. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:47 PM, kkuenn said:

Well you mentioned road and Bengals. We have done well in the road. For Thursday night games we have done very well winning 

We beat Buffalo last year away I'm 2020.

Beat Denver in mile high, divisional game in 2019.

Lost to Oakland in 2014 away.

Beat Philly in 2013 at their house.

At home games below.

Beat chargers in 2018 at home.

Also chargers at home 2017.

Beat Oakland in 2016. 

Lost to Denver in 2015 at home.

I mean what is your definition of traveling and playing well, whether you meant it together or not for just divisional opponent, on a short week. I went back to 2013 because that was Reids beginning here. Look Mahomes era and it is even better. We are 1-1 away on a short week against divisional opponents. 3-1 away overall.

3-1 against divisional opponents at home.

So overall totals we are 6-3 on a short week. 1-1 away on opponents, and 4-2 overall against divisional opponents. I think we have fared well. Not like we have a total losing record since el Reid has been our coach and even better with Mahomes at QB. Then again I suppose it depends on how we far you go back. 

While I am not disagreeing with any of your arguement, you can really count the Bills game last year as a Thursday win since the game was moved to a late Monday afternoon timeslot due to Covid, but yes still a road win.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Watching the Ravens - Steelers game now, AFC is sure up for grabs by anyone at this point but definitely not Baltimore. 

It's a tough game, but they're division rivals so that's how it goes.  I really hope the Chiefs have it figured out tonight, tonights game will be tough also. This is really fun because, it' s all up for grabs like you said.  

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Watching the Ravens - Steelers game now, AFC is sure up for grabs by anyone at this point but definitely not Baltimore. 

The Ravens have lucked their way to an 8-4 record.  The CEH fumble, two lucky endings in the past several weeks, and finally it caught up with them against the Steelers.  With their remaining schedule, their road for a #1 seed is narrow.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

The Ravens have lucked their way to an 8-4 record.  The CEH fumble, two lucky endings in the past several weeks, and finally it caught up with them against the Steelers.  With their remaining schedule, their road for a #1 seed is narrow.  

Arrogance cost them. Yes some very lucky wins.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Arrogance cost them. Yes some very lucky wins.

Arrogance plus a QB who can't throw.  I told the missus that LJ8 would run for the two pointer rather than take a chance on a pass to win the game.  I was wrong about what they tried, but correct on my assessment.  

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Arrogance plus a QB who can't throw.  I told the missus that LJ8 would run for the two pointer rather than take a chance on a pass to win the game.  I was wrong about what they tried, but correct on my assessment.  

It was a good play call, just missed it. 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:42 AM, reesebobby said:

1.  Chiefs  13-4

3.  Bills 12-5

4.  Ravens  11-6

5.  Colts 10-7

6.  Pats 10-7

7.  Chargers 10-7

Mine was honest too, Ravens aren't going to make the playoffs.  It will be Chargers instead of Raiders though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 9:43 PM, Obi Won Mahome said:

Bills: play the Patriots twice & at Tampa Bay.  They’re probably going to lose 2 of those games.

Ravens:  play the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Rams, and Packers.  Not exactly an easy schedule.

Bengals:  play us, the Ravens, the 49ers, the Browns, and the Chargers.

Titans: play the 49ers, Dolphins, Steelers, and Texans.  Literally, without Henry I feel like they can get get smoked by any teams (even Jacksonville).

In my opinion it is the Patriots that are our main competition for the #1 seed …. Assuming the wheels don’t fall off for us for some unknown reason.

Bump!

This was a good week for our Chiefs.  We won. Patriots, Titans, & Ravens all lost.