I guess we are stuck with EB

41 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Funny how in such a short time we went from hoping he doesn't leave to being stuck with him.  

Things Have Changed A Lot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

being that  I believe Andy  is the Wizard behind the curtain I was ready for him to leave last year. I'm afraid we will lose some real talent because of him now. Being that it appears he is not going to get hired and he certainly wont get fired or resign that by definition  IMO is "stuck.

JMO of course"

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

being that  I believe Andy  is the Wizard behind the curtain I was ready for him to leave last year. I'm afraid we will lose some real talent because of him now. Being that it appears he is not going to get hired and he certainly wont get fired or resign that by definition  IMO is "stuck.

JMO of course"

I wasn't disagreeing with you.  I think we are "stuck" also.  But in general we have had some pretty amazing offense for the past 3 years so maybe whatever system they have is not all bad.  I was just commenting on how he went from being perceived as one of the hottest prospects in football to an after thought pretty fast.  

28 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I wasn't disagreeing with you.  I think we are "stuck" also.  But in general we have had some pretty amazing offense for the past 3 years so maybe whatever system they have is not all bad.  I was just commenting on how he went from being perceived as one of the hottest prospects in football to an after thought pretty fast.  

Roger that.. he must really be a sucky interview or Pederson and Nagy's lack of long term success sabotaged him...or both.

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Funny how in such a short time we went from hoping he doesn't leave to being stuck with him.  

Things Have Changed A Lot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Were we ever hoping that he wouldn't leave? Initially everyone wanted him around for sure but ever since the 2 3rds came into play I don't think anyone wanted him to stick around. 

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Were we ever hoping that he wouldn't leave? Initially everyone wanted him around for sure but ever since the 2 3rds came into play I don't think anyone wanted him to stick around. 

Anyone that saw this play wanted EB for life.  That is some next level shit.  Did you see how they all spun around?

Chiefs Super Bowl GIFs | Tenor

45 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

A flow chart for you.

Did it work?

Yes:  Mahomes is great                             No:  Reid is an idiot

I've certainly never called Reid an idiot.  The question was whether EB was calling the plays, Reid was calling the plays, or EB was calling the plays with Reid overriding him?  It's possible that EB hasn't gotten a coaching job because the perception is that Reid is the master behind the offense and EB is carrying his water. 

EB comes off as a hard nosed no non-sense type of guy.  Old School type.   Not sure that is desirable anymore.....not sure that has been desirable for a quite a few years.   

I think EB has a whole litany of things going against him.   He's Andy Reid's OC, the past two OC's didn't turn out so great, I think he was over estimating his swag and wasn't willing to turn around a crap show but rather wait for a big time offer, I don't he interviews wells, he is black (I'm not saying it matters 100% of the time but I'm not niave enough to think there aren't some old school owners that have issues with it, as sad as that is), and our O has looked pretty pathetic this year overall.   That is definitely not the direction you want to be going.    

We are stuck with him, any moving him around and that will be viewed as a demotion.    I for one don't want a HC that relies on motivation and getting the most out of players as their best characteristic.   Ed Orgeron was an amazing players coach.....he just sucked at everything else.    Depending on awesome OC/DC to field a good team is never going to go well because the best OC's and DC's will always be earning opportunities elsewhere as HC.   Better to have the HC as the brains behind everything and the identity of the team.   

As much as I want those 2 3rd rounders, he isn't going to be netting us those picks anytime soon unless we win out and dominate 

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I've certainly never called Reid an idiot.  The question was whether EB was calling the plays, Reid was calling the plays, or EB was calling the plays with Reid overriding him?  It's possible that EB hasn't gotten a coaching job because the perception is that Reid is the master behind the offense and EB is carrying his water. 

I know you weren't.  That's just a common theme. 

I thought the sports media pushed too soon & hard for EB to be a HC candidate. The first year Mahomes started was his first year as OC wasn't it? They seemed to make it their purpose to mention his name when Mahomes took everyone by surprise, and put up those numbers.  

It's all strange, but I remember watching EB years ago with Adrian Peterson. He seemed more like a HC candidate back then, then now. I was happy when he came in with Reid as RB coach. 

This off-season will be interesting. Both Pederson and Nagy would probably be available and Reid is also high on Kafka. Kafka had some buzz around him last year but Mahomes struggles may have teams cooled on him a bit. Pederson and Nagy may be holding out for another head coaching gig but I doubt they get one very soon (in the NFL anyway). I’m sure Andy would be happy with retaining EB or having any of the other three guys honestly. Hell, Andy may let Toub coordinate so that he would have a better shot at a head coaching job. Andy is heavily involved in the offense and always has been.

7 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

This off-season will be interesting. Both Pederson and Nagy would probably be available and Reid is also high on Kafka. Kafka had some buzz around him last year but Mahomes struggles may have teams cooled on him a bit. Pederson and Nagy may be holding out for another head coaching gig but I doubt they get one very soon (in the NFL anyway). I’m sure Andy would be happy with retaining EB or having any of the other three guys honestly. Hell, Andy may let Toub coordinate so that he would have a better shot at a head coaching job. Andy is heavily involved in the offense and always has been.

I heard a  coach one time and I believe it to be Jimmie Johnson say something to the effect that Special Teams coaches  are the best HC candidates because they have to  pull talent from the O & The D make a squad and make something out of them with limited resources ( less practice time etc)

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I heard a  coach one time and I believe it to be Jimmie Johnson say something to the effect that Special Teams coaches  are the best HC candidates because they have to  pull talent from the O & The D make a squad and make something out of them with limited resources ( less practice time etc)

Makes sense. The ST coach basically replaces the coin flip at the bottom of the roster to keep some guys around that you are unsure about and have to create something that works without utilizing the stars. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Didn't work too well with Frank Gantz.  🙂

Pederson won a Super Bowl and beat Brady no less. Nagy is awful. I think any franchise would be happy to have a Pederson for a few years. Andy has had many successful offshoots. EB will get a chance if his own coaching merits and interviews go well. If Dan Campbell can get a job, EB can.