So are we just skipping over how our offense is trash?  We scored 13 points on offense last night, I don't count the field goal where we got it on the 20 or so even though we still just ran 3 plays and kicked a field goal which is still pathetic honestly.

184 passing

89 rushing

Our offense is having serious issues.  Take away the Raiders game and we haven't scored over 20 since 10-17.  What happened to our amazing offense that nobody could stop. 

Does Reid and Mahomes not talk on the sideline anymore?  I remember when we were on defense Reid would be sitting on the bench talking to the QB's.  Has anyone seen them doing that lately?

I am thrilled that our defense is playing exceptionally well and I hope it can continue but I sure would love to see us trot out and offense that was at least able to score 20+ points a game.

14 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

So are we just skipping over how our offense is trash?  We scored 13 points on offense last night, I don't count the field goal where we got it on the 20 or so even though we still just ran 3 plays and kicked a field goal which is still pathetic honestly.

184 passing

89 rushing

Our offense is having serious issues.  Take away the Raiders game and we haven't scored over 20 since 10-17.  What happened to our amazing offense that nobody could stop. 

Does Reid and Mahomes not talk on the sideline anymore?  I remember when we were on defense Reid would be sitting on the bench talking to the QB's.  Has anyone seen them doing that lately?

I am thrilled that our defense is playing exceptionally well and I hope it can continue but I sure would love to see us trot out and offense that was at least able to score 20+ points a game.

Great point.

I think they will figure it out. It seems like Reid is forcing his offense to learn and execute the fundamentals of the West Coast offense. Which means, Pat has to be accurate and on time. Plus, the WR's have to CATCH the ball and YAC is very important. Along with flawless execution from his oline and NO Turnovers. On top of all that, Defenses are actually forcing the chiefs to play this way.

Defenses don't believe the chiefs can go on 10+ play drives without making mistakes, and so far that philosophy has been working. 

Pat is learning how to manipulate and step up in the pocket and function like a traditional QB. They are doing all of this ON THE FLY, during the season. 

If and when they get this worked out, the Chiefs will be damn close to being unstoppable on offense. It won't matter what defenses throw at them, they will be able to beat it. CONSITENTLY.

Its ugly now, but I can see what Reid is trying to do. I'm just happy the defense is able to carry them while they learn.

So, I've been contemplating this a lot.  I am actually wondering if Reid is adjusting his offense to the new defensive schemes, and is trying new plays to see how they work against them, and is creating a whole new playbook arsenal for the playoffs.  Maybe they are running things they don't normally run to see what works, hence why they seem to not be scoring as many points.  It's a conspiracy theory in my head, but it is worth pondering!

7 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

So, I've been contemplating this a lot.  I am actually wondering if Reid is adjusting his offense to the new defensive schemes, and is trying new plays to see how they work against them, and is creating a whole new playbook arsenal for the playoffs.  Maybe they are running things they don't normally run to see what works, hence why they seem to not be scoring as many points.  It's a conspiracy theory in my head, but it is worth pondering!

That would be amazing.  I still think we are right where we need to be.  I’d rather be winning games like we are now, building up, and play our best game in the super bowl.  

17 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I'm going to go with this!

I think Reid is scripting the first 15 and EB is calling plays the rest of the game.  I think he believes EB has not been hired as a head coach, because Any has been the primary play caller and do not trust EB's abilities.  I think if that is the case,  this strategy is backfiring.  Teams are not going to want to hire him if that is the case, because the offense has regressed. 

14 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I think Reid is scripting the first 15 and EB is calling plays the rest of the game.  I think he believes EB has not been hired as a head coach, because Any has been the primary play caller and do not trust EB's abilities.  I think if that is the case,  this strategy is backfiring.  Teams are not going to want to hire him if that is the case, because the offense has regressed. 

Is it play calling or execution?

It is mainly play calling.   Yes,  if you execute any play well,  it will work.   The problem is that we keep doing things that we do not necessarily do well.  If something is working, go back to it again and again until they show they can stop it.  Hill was killing it early with short passes to him,  then they went away from it.  Pringle was getting open.  He dropped a couple and he vanished.  Robinson looked like he was going to have a big game,  then nothing.  These were all things that were working early.  I do not think the Bronco's made that much of an adjustment.    

In this last game,  I do think the heavy wind was deterring Mahomes from taking many deep shots.  We still should have taken some,  just to keep the Bronco's honest instead of cheating in a little bit to cover the under routes. 

5 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

It is mainly play calling.   Yes,  if you execute any play well,  it will work.   The problem is that we keep doing things that we do not necessarily do well.  If something is working, go back to it again and again until they show they can stop it.  Hill was killing it early with short passes to him,  then they went away from it.  Pringle was getting open.  He dropped a couple and he vanished.  Robinson looked like he was going to have a big game,  then nothing.  These were all things that were working early.  I do not think the Bronco's made that much of an adjustment.    

In this last game,  I do think the heavy wind was deterring Mahomes from taking many deep shots.  We still should have taken some,  just to keep the Bronco's honest instead of cheating in a little bit to cover the under routes. 

At least 4 dropped passes and Mahomes missed at least 5 open receivers. Thats the story. I think when Mahomes says the receivers just need to be themselves he wishes he could just be himself vs all the changes KC is putting on him. Just let Mahomes be himself. He is not that traditional pocket guy and I dont think he ever will be. 

I will go with mediocre execution.

Teams know KC can beat them with the deep strike, so they force the Chiefs to

play disciplined, well executed offense......We have advantages with the 2 high Safeties,

but we have to execute and stay ahead of the chains.

Drops, Turnovers and Penalties kill us and we were leading the league at one point.

I think we are gradually improving.

w

Agree with West and Xen.  It never hurts to kiss up to the administrators🤨

Without the drops alone, the Chiefs could have scored thirty in each of the last two games.  Just that simple.  Bad penalties are killing drives and it seems that dropped passes don't hit the ground, they are intercepted.  But the drops are the big issue.  Might as well give Gordon a few targets if Hill, Kelce, and Pringle can't catch.

4 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

184 passing

89 rushing

It’s not being ignored. It’s been talked about all year. And in threads from yesterday. Wr are all killing kc. The drops including Travis kelce are killing kc. The lack of identity too. You have a line that wants to maul but they refuse to commit. Run it 25 times with Clyde. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

It’s not being ignored. It’s been talked about all year. And in threads from yesterday. Wr are all killing kc. The drops including Travis kelce are killing kc. The lack of identity too. You have a line that wants to maul but they refuse to commit. Run it 25 times with Clyde. 

I’d love to see chiefs run the damn ball 25 plus times. Reid and his side kick EB need to do it and stop talking about it. 
The RPO needs to be used at a minimum and get mahomes under Center with the full back and stop fucking around. 
line up and punch them in the mouth and play action from there. 

9 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

A former nfl RB who's now an NFL OC who calls over 70% passing plays? Seems legit.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

A former nfl RB who's now an NFL OC who calls over 70% passing plays? Seems legit.

And Bruce Arians was a former Wishbone Offense QB that progressed through the coaching ranks as a RB coach while the Bucs are leading the league in passing yards.  He also calls passing plays over 66% of the time.  Seems legit...

Is it ok to say that Mahomes delivery of the ball is part of the problem with all of the drops by the receivers? 
Is he trying to be too cute?

The talking heads are saying lose the sidearm crap and just throw the ball and don’t try to make it look flashy. 
I’m not agreeing with them completely but I see him trying to force sidearm rockets all the time and often with disastrous consequences. 

3 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

And Bruce Arians was a former Wishbone Offense QB that progressed through the coaching ranks as a RB coach while the Bucs are leading the league in passing yards.  He also calls passing plays over 66% of the time.  Seems legit...

I'm talking about an offense that's struggling with consistency and a HC who has admitted himself that he is very protective when it comes to playcalling, and how he probably isn't letting their OC call plays.

And your argument is to point out how the team that leads the league in scoring offense by 2 points a game is set up with their HC calling plays.

I'm fine watching this cr@p offense if it's some sort of a building block for the playoffs but there needs to be some light at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise this offense is basically a focus on whatever doesn't work. Why not go for a more conventional run game with less emphasis on the shotgun and see what this offense can do whenever the defense doesn't know what's coming? 

Just now, sith13 said:

I'm fine watching this cr@p offense if it's some sort of a building block for the playoffs but there needs to be some light at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise this offense is basically a focus on whatever doesn't work. Why not go for a more conventional run game with less emphasis on the shotgun and see what this offense can do whenever the defense doesn't know what's coming? 

I am fine with them too struggling now and adjusting. Thing is Denver showed some disguised 2 high sets that ended up being a single high set. The more stuff they see of this along with dealing 2 high sets, the better it will be for Mahomes to learn. Reid too for that matter as he should be running more with 2 high sets to set up play action and screens too. Hopefully Reid will adjust more as it goes along, hopefully.

Just now, kkuenn said:

I am fine with them too struggling now and adjusting. Thing is Denver showed some disguised 2 high sets that ended up being a single high set. The more stuff they see of this along with dealing 2 high sets, the better it will be for Mahomes to learn. Reid too for that matter as he should be running more with 2 high sets to set up play action and screens too. Hopefully Reid will adjust more as it goes along, hopefully.

I think it's a matter of whether or not they are experimenting and adjusting. If this is what we have for the playoffs I think we are screwed on offense but if it's done deliberately to challenge the entire offense and try to cherry pick some things that work it'll eventually benefit us greatly. 

9 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I think it is purely the constant shotgun formation outside of the scripted start and kill clock end. There is absolutely nothing diverse. RPO and obvious passing formations. I really don’t understand why Reid gets away from multiple formations.

This^^^ Wouldn't mind lining up under center in obvious running formations and run the hell out of it. One of our absolute strengths is Thuney, Creed, Smith. You let these 3 maul the way on 8-10 running plays in a row then play action out of it? They won't know what to defend. Let them try to stay in 2 deep while the road graders are grading.