5 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think it's a matter of whether or not they are experimenting and adjusting. If this is what we have for the playoffs I think we are screwed on offense but if it's done deliberately to challenge the entire offense and try to cherry pick some things that work it'll eventually benefit us greatly. 

I feel like Reid does do these types of things. Experiment. 

Nonetheless, we've all been on here bitching about running the football (including me), but we all know that Reid wont the football. We've been bitching about it since he's got here. They bitched about in Philly. Reid won't even run the damn ball consistently when it's working, and we're gashing the defense for 5-6 yds a pop. 

I was watching the game last nite and thinking to myself if Reid would've tried to execute the running game like Beli-cheat did in that nasty weather. Probably not.

21 hours ago, West said:

I will go with mediocre execution.

Teams know KC can beat them with the deep strike, so they force the Chiefs to

play disciplined, well executed offense......We have advantages with the 2 high Safeties,

but we have to execute and stay ahead of the chains.

Drops, Turnovers and Penalties kill us and we were leading the league at one point.

I think we are gradually improving.

w

Yep

Improve dramatically in those 3 areas and you will see a big difference in the offense 

There is some truth in many of the posts I've read. Execution has been a problem. Drops.....penalties....turnovers have killed a lot of drives. Pat sidearms/submarines his throws more than he needs to. Don't have any idea why they run CEH on outside stretch plays. They never work and that's not his strength. That is on the coaches. A lot of reasons add up to what we see. Just gotta play through it and hope they figure it out.

I see Mahomes overthrowing the ball a lot. Both by overthrowing his receivers on deep pass plays and throwing missiles on the short to intermediate passes when they aren’t necessary. The deflection off Tyreek on Sunday is a prime example. Have we even had a DPI called on a deep ball this year? Because he’s overthrowing the receivers by ten yards. He isn’t even giving his guys a chance to go up for the ball. Tyreek, Pringle and Gordon are all good high-point catchers. Shit, that is half of Denver’s entire passing game.

Patrick is also throwing his shorter stuff way too hard. I can’t figure out why. He could throw a much more catchable ball (and probably be more accurate) if he took 5 mph off these passes. We all know you have a strong arm bud, you don’t need to impress anyone. I know our receivers need better concentration as well. Sometimes I feel like the offense is bored. I’m disappointed if that’s the case. The last SB should have made them more motivated not less.

2 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I see Mahomes overthrowing the ball a lot. Both by overthrowing his receivers on deep pass plays and throwing missiles on the short to intermediate passes when they aren’t necessary. The deflection off Tyreek on Sunday is a prime example. Have we even had a DPI called on a deep ball this year? Because he’s overthrowing the receivers by ten yards. He isn’t even giving his guys a chance to go up for the ball. Tyreek, Pringle and Gordon are all good high-point catchers. Shit, that is half of Denver’s entire passing game.

Patrick is also throwing his shorter stuff way too hard. I can’t figure out why. He could throw a much more catchable ball (and probably be more accurate) if he took 5 mph off these passes. We all know you have a strong arm bud, you don’t need to impress anyone. I know our receivers need better concentration as well. Sometimes I feel like the offense is bored. I’m disappointed if that’s the case. The last SB should have made them more motivated not less.

Good points, Dan. I asked earlier if the offensive (lack of) production was due to play calling or execution?

I'm solely in the execution camp. Now, I would like to see Reid run the ball more, but he never has. soooo I guess that's irrelevant. 

Pat's accuracy (which he's never really had), Reeks hands (which he's never really had) and the oline pass blocking (which they're really not great at, since they're all maulers) has been BLATENLY inconsistent. Couple that with Pat's progressions consisting of only Kelce, then Hill then HOLD THE BALL and start "happy" footing makes the offense look like dog shit.

It seems like relying on the running game and scheming Pringle, hardman, Gordon/Kemp and Gray open would help the offense. Hell, those guys get paid too and I think it's about time they at least tried to earn there damn paycheck. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's a theory out there that the receivers are trying too hard to make the big play.  They look for the defenders before looking the ball in.  That could be one explanation for so many drops by formerly reliable receivers.  

There is some validity to that.  I recall Kelce, Hill, amd Pringles trying to turn up field before securing the bell and having drops.  The Chiefs don't have a possession receiver that can be relied on.

11 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

There is some validity to that.  I recall Kelce, Hill, amd Pringles trying to turn up field before securing the bell and having drops.  The Chiefs don't have a possession receiver that can be relied on.

maybe that is where Gordon was supposed to come in

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe that is where Gordon was supposed to come in

11 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Williams and Clyde are seeing more receptions. Keep it up!

I find it quite amazing that Reid and our QB have struggled for this long this season. 
sure there have been a few games where things were clicking but over all it’s pretty bad. 
yes turnovers,dropped passes and penalties are drive killers but this is not new news and it’s been happening all year so why haven’t we adjusted to help minimize this? Run the ball more? Mahomes under Center more with ball out of his hands within a few seconds etc. 

this is what amazes me. Reid has to do something to help minimize these on going issues in order to get the offense back on track. 
Hopefully Reid watched the Monday night game and took some notes as to how important running the ball and being physical is. 

Cheetah leads the NFL in drops.  That's a huge part of the lag on the offense.  When he was running posts there was nobody behind him, but with the 2 deep shell, the Chiefs have adapted to a lot of underneath drags with him to try to get him the ball, because he is a dynamic playmaker.  Those dig routes leave guys behind him, so if he drops it and it goes anywhere other than straight down, there's a defender there to pick it off.  3 INTs are credited to Cheetah alone, and I could pull another drop off the top of my head that was a 3rd down play that resulted in a punt.  Same thing with Kelce and I believe 2 drops that went for INTs.  Our receivers dropping balls has thwarted many, many drives.  Just consider all of the drives that were stalled by drops, that if we only turn 5 of those around and finish those drives with TDs, we are suddenly 6th in the NFL in scoring.  I really don't think that people realize how devastating the drops have been, and that they are the single biggest problem with this team. 

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

Cheetah leads the NFL in drops.  That's a huge part of the lag on the offense.  When he was running posts there was nobody behind him, but with the 2 deep shell, the Chiefs have adapted to a lot of underneath drags with him to try to get him the ball, because he is a dynamic playmaker.  Those dig routes leave guys behind him, so if he drops it and it goes anywhere other than straight down, there's a defender there to pick it off.  3 INTs are credited to Cheetah alone, and I could pull another drop off the top of my head that was a 3rd down play that resulted in a punt.  Same thing with Kelce and I believe 2 drops that went for INTs.  Our receivers dropping balls has thwarted many, many drives.  Just consider all of the drives that were stalled by drops, that if we only turn 5 of those around and finish those drives with TDs, we are suddenly 6th in the NFL in scoring.  I really don't think that people realize how devastating the drops have been, and that they are the single biggest problem with this team. 

people realize it

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

people realize it

While Mahomes hasn't been perfect (no one is perfect) , I think if more people realized it, there would've been less questioning of the QB.  For instance, last weekend's INT that Cheetah dropped, I've seen countless takes that the ball was thrown high and that was the cause of the INT.  An NFL receiver that has the ball hit him square in both hands, that drop is 100% on him.  It's impossible for a QB to put the ball perfect every single time.  

Just now, moons314 said:

While Mahomes hasn't been perfect (no one is perfect) , I think if more people realized it, there would've been less questioning of the QB.  For instance, last weekend's INT that Cheetah dropped, I've seen countless takes that the ball was thrown high and that was the cause of the INT.  An NFL receiver that has the ball hit him square in both hands, that drop is 100% on him.  It's impossible for a QB to put the ball perfect every single time.  

They are paid MILLIONS to CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!  If it hits them in the hands and they don't, it's 150% on them!

16 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

They are paid MILLIONS to CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!  If it hits them in the hands and they don't, it's 150% on them!

and MVPatrick is paid a 1/2 Billion  of $$ to make perfect passes. Goes both ways.

Reminds me of a story  Wr Tim Brown of Notre Dame/Raidirt fame and HOFr  told. He was asked who was the best QB to ever throw him a Ball was?. His answer was Jeff George because he would quiz each WR to find out where and how they liked the ball thrown to them on each type of route. 

Now I will grant you JG and Patrick are 2 different animals but their arm talent is comparable. Maybe if Patrick were more conscious on location of the throw with the appropriate velocity  not just winging it in the general direction  there might not be as many bounce off the hands INTs.

This season  many of the Ints were  non Ints these last 2 year it's just bad luck and part of the coverage that is being used as the Defenses are evolving so should Patricks style.

JMO of course

It's a 50/50 situation

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and MVPatrick is paid a 1/2 Billion  of $$ to make perfect passes. Goes both ways.

Reminds me of a story  Wr Tim Brown of Notre Dame/Raidirt fame and HOFr  told. He was asked who was the best QB to ever throw him a Ball was?. His answer was Jeff George because he would quiz each WR to find out where and how they liked the ball thrown to them on each type of route. 

Now I will grant you JG and Patrick are 2 different animals but their arm talent is comparable. Maybe if Patrick were more conscious on location of the throw with the appropriate velocity  not just winging it in the general direction  there might not be as many bounce off the hands INTs.

This season  many of the Ints were  non Ints these last 2 year it's just bad luck and part of the coverage that is being used as the Defenses are evolving so should Patricks style.

JMO of course

It's a 50/50 situation

Good idea but a lot of times it could depend on where the defender is, wind, environment etc. I do like it though. It could work against them if they expect it in a spot and go their naturally only to have to adjust to where it goes. 

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

JMO of course

It's a 50/50 situation

Lol!  That is kind of a stretch isn't it?  Even my HS football coach told all recievers, "If it hits your hands, your job is to catch it"  period.  IDGAF if its not  in the perfect location, you are making millions to CATCH the damn ball!

20 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Lol!  That is kind of a stretch isn't it?  Even my HS football coach told all recievers, "If it hits your hands, your job is to catch it"  period.  IDGAF if its not  in the perfect location, you are making millions to CATCH the damn ball!

of course he did..did you hear him say that as you were holding everyone's water?

Adam Sandler Time GIF

Lol just teasing Dale.  It's not inconceivable that the coach also told the QB to throw better passes.. he's a coach after all

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

JMO of course

It's a 50/50 situation

What stands out is that the balls WERE being caught for the past three years and this year they're bouncing into interceptions.  I'll stick to the theory that the receivers are focusing less on making the catch and more on their first move or first contact after catching it.  Hill and Kelce didn't just suddenly lose their skills and Mahomes didn't just suddenly change his throwing style.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

What stands out is that the balls WERE being caught for the past three years and this year they're bouncing into interceptions.  I'll stick to the theory that the receivers are focusing less on making the catch and more on their first move or first contact after catching it.  Hill and Kelce didn't just suddenly lose their skills and Mahomes didn't just suddenly change his throwing style.  

take it for what it's worth but ol Turkey Neck Collinsworth eluded to his many sidearm passes..not sure I remember him being that way previously but then I could be wrong.Again  it just appears to me he has gotten sloppy on his techniques. As much as I like Kafka maybe a more accomplished QB as coach would be better suited to Mold a young Patrick 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

take it for what it's worth but ol Turkey Neck Collinsworth eluded to his many sidearm passes..not sure I remember him being that way previously but then I could be wrong.Again  it just appears to me he has gotten sloppy on his techniques. As much as I like Kafka maybe a more accomplished QB as coach would be better suited to Mold a young Patrick 

Talking head chatter is worthless. Its an amazing thing until it doesnt work. Next time they will rave when it goes for 50 yards and a TD.