14 minutes ago, xen said:

Would really like to see us both find an upgrade rental at X and draft a receiver on day 1 or 2 this offseason.

gotta think  Chiefs were hoping Gordon was that rental..maybe a full off season  would help.

I think  Day one has to be a defensive addition. More chances for an immediate impact

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

gotta think  Chiefs were hoping Gordon was that rental..maybe a full off season  would help.

I think  Day one has to be a defensive addition. More chances for an immediate impact

Yes! I agree! 

I would love to see them take a "REAL" DE...and then maybe the best WR available in the 2nd, and then best available DT or Safety with the 3rd.

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It seems like the defense has a lot of pending free agents? Hard to tell what will be the most needed at this point.

Wow. Check out this huge list of KC free agents.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/kansas-city-chiefs/

This team may look much different next year.

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I agree, would love to have the luxury to add an offensive weapon early in the draft but need to find a DE, possibly a DB and an OT rather early in the draft.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think DE has to be draft priority #1, then WR #2 and DE in FA.  Without a pass rush this D isn’t good.   I’m today’s NFL gotta have three guys that can generate pressure.  

Gonna be a rough off-season, lose a few CB too. I'd call DE/WR a 1A/1B need in which take the best of position available. Rather keep our biggest strength of offense staffed with a WR as Mahomes will always give us a chance and in the race. 

58 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Gonna be a rough off-season, lose a few CB too. I'd call DE/WR a 1A/1B need in which take the best of position available. Rather keep our biggest strength of offense staffed with a WR as Mahomes will always give us a chance and in the race. 

We tried to throw money at juju last offseason, I’d expect wr to be a fa target. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

We tried to throw money at juju last offseason, I’d expect wr to be a fa target. 

I wouldnt be surprised if we went after him again too. He will still only be 25 at the start of next season which seems crazy.

I bet if he could go back and do it over he would have opted for KC. He sure didn't maximize his value playing with noodle armed father time, and then suffering the injury. He could have eaten here...

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if we went after him again too. He will still only be 25 at the start of next season which seems crazy.

I bet if he could go back and do it over he would have opted for KC. He sure didn't maximize his value playing with noodle armed father time, and then suffering the injury. He could have eaten here...

Probably wanted to go for a SB run with Big Ben before leaving instead of being the #3 receiver behind Hill and Kelce. However things probably changed a lot by now. I don't know how his injury goes but I doubt he gets the big money this offseason. I think the Chiefs make a similar offer to last season in the long term and if it's enough to lure him that would be great. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Probably wanted to go for a SB run with Big Ben before leaving instead of being the #3 receiver behind Hill and Kelce. However things probably changed a lot by now. I don't know how his injury goes but I doubt he gets the big money this offseason. I think the Chiefs make a similar offer to last season in the long term and if it's enough to lure him that would be great. 

Would he truly be the #3 receiver though?  Hill and Kelce drop a lot of balls, as dynamic as they are. A top flight WR could come in and make a dent in the balls thrown at both of them.  An argument could be made that the Chiefs offense would be better if Hill had 70 catches as opposed to the 100+.  Hill has a lot of catches this year that have gone for 1 or 2 yards. This offense could work in another dynamic receiver and give him plenty of opportunities.  When you play with a great QB, you can be surrounded by other talented receivers and still get your share of the receptions. 

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Would he truly be the #3 receiver though?  Hill and Kelce drop a lot of balls, as dynamic as they are. A top flight WR could come in and make a dent in the balls thrown at both of them.  An argument could be made that the Chiefs offense would be better if Hill had 70 catches as opposed to the 100+.  Hill has a lot of catches this year that have gone for 1 or 2 yards. This offense could work in another dynamic receiver and give him plenty of opportunities.  When you play with a great QB, you can be surrounded by other talented receivers and still get your share of the receptions. 

Lol..If we got Juju, he'd be the #1 WR. With that said, we need a true #1. (Ala - Justin Jefferson/Lamar Chase type.) But in order to get one of those types we would definitely have to trade up and I don't think we can afford that with so many other needs. 

Therefore, I see us signing some big name FA WR to come in. 

51 minutes ago, artsy said:

Lol..If we got Juju, he'd be the #1 WR. With that said, we need a true #1. (Ala - Justin Jefferson/Lamar Chase type.) But in order to get one of those types we would definitely have to trade up and I don't think we can afford that with so many other needs. 

Therefore, I see us signing some big name FA WR to come in. 

Juju the #1?

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

He would be in the mix for a major workload but he probably thought a huge contract would come his way in the offense he's used to with just a year to get rid of the limited cap. If he comes in I think Hill goes back to being the deep threat and the playmaker but Juju would change the entire offense as the solid possession receiver that can also go deep whenever needed. Let's see what the staff thinks about him now.

We also need a dynamic TE. Kelce is getting up there. I would like them to see if we can get Njoki. He wanted out last year. 
forston will be back as well. 
With what we have been through this year and the defensive schemes being used against us I think Instead of a number WR we look at another TE that can step right in for the run and pass game. We could flank them in the slot and or bring them in to run the ball. 
Anyways my thoughts. I’m ready for feedback. 

11 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

We also need a dynamic TE. Kelce is getting up there. I would like them to see if we can get Njoki. He wanted out last year. 
With what we have been through this year and the defensive schemes being used against us I think Instead of a number WR we look at another TE that can step right in for the run and pass game. We could flank them in the slot and or bring them in to run the ball. 

LaPorta if he leaves iowa. Good nfl skill set with reliable hands.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Is that a priority?  Fortson, Gray, and Kelce make a pretty formidable TE room.  Any position can stand improvement, but the emphasis should be on WR, DE, S, a cover LB, and CB.  Gotta replace Sorenson, Neiman, Hithens, and probably Ward and Clark., 

44 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Take kelce out of that room and you have 12 career receptions for 102 yards and a torn Achilles. It gets less formidable fast. 

True, but take Mahomes out of the QB room and it looks pretty weak.  Kelce may be 31, but he's still playing at a high level and should have 3 or more good years left.  Maybe he'll drop to 800 yds. or get injured but any player can taper off and still be effective if the natural talent is there.  The Chiefs won't replace Kelce's production.  He's one of the best ever.  But they don't need to use a pick on his replacement yet.