Chiefs vs Chargers for the AFC West Title

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Not sure about snap counts but it seemed Gordon got more than D Rob and that's a good thing.

Gordon got three targets and caught two.  At least the Chiefs didn't try to force it into Kelce after the first quarter.  That's a good sign.  If teams want to blanket and maul Kelce, make them pay like happened when Williams caught a pass in the area swept clean by Kelce's route.  As for the run game, the Chiefs may not be racking up big yards, but they are much more effective than in past seasons since Hunt.  We now have confidence in third/fourth and short which never happened last year.    Good to see Blyth and Alegretti bust open the lane for Gore's long TD;. 

22 minutes ago, artsy said:

I hope Niang is ready to go Thursday night. If not, Bosa will absolutely destroy our offense single handedly with Wylie playing.

I wonder if Kyle Long is ready for prime time yet?

Wylie got killed yesterday and it was under the radar because of the way it was going.

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Wylie got killed yesterday and it was under the radar because of the way it was going.

Yup. It didn't matter who lined up on his side...They just pushed him back into the QB all day!

He is 3rd string, so we can't expect too much. But my GOD, Wylie is horrible!

This isn't necessarily a must win in terms of the division, because the Chargers will undoubtedly drop another game or two that they shouldn't.    We can't have anymore AFC losses if we realistically want the top seed, too much would have to happen to overcome all of our AFC losses in a tie situation.  The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC, and the Bucs the best in the NFC.  A super bowl rematch is a very real possibility, if not highly likely. 

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

This isn't necessarily a must win in terms of the division, because the Chargers will undoubtedly drop another game or two that they shouldn't.    We can't have anymore AFC losses if we realistically want the top seed, too much would have to happen to overcome all of our AFC losses in a tie situation.  The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC, and the Bucs the best in the NFC.  A super bowl rematch is a very real possibility, if not highly likely. 

you maybe right right all things hitting on all cylinders but it often comes to who not is the Best but who is playing  the best at the time/ In that case I have to say it's the Pats and I have to believe that the NFL and the media all Bucs v Pats

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

you maybe right right all things hitting on all cylinders but it often comes to who not is the Best but who is playing  the best at the time/ In that case I have to say it's the Pats and I have to believe that the NFL and the media all Bucs v Pats

All things being equal, Mahomes isn't going to lose to a rookie QB in the playoffs, definitely not the way our defense is playing

This is a big game.  Early in the season, the Defense was playing poorly.  Frank Clark , Chris Jones were playing hurt. Willie Gay was injured. Spag's was not playing Thornhill.

Now all of them are playing and healthy.  Sorenson has found a role that he can contribute in.  Defense is playing excellent.  The first game , the Chiefs turned the ball over 4 times  Offense is starting to come around and the turnovers are not occuring at anywhere near the same clip.  Defense is causing turnovers.  I really think the Chiefs have a chance to really take it to the Chargers.  Ekeler tweaked his ankle, so he may not be 100%.  I think the Chiefs can limit the run and his effectiveness.  We should get enough pressure on the Chargers to not allow receivers to get open deep.  I can see us getting a couple picks in this game and the Chiefs rolling to a big victory.  38-17

50 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I got to see the chiefs beat the chargers. Then there will be no doubt in my mind they are the best team in the afc. Can’t drop two to LA and call them the best. That’s just my take. 

32 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

This is a big game.  Early in the season, the Defense was playing poorly.  Frank Clark , Chris Jones were playing hurt. Willie Gay was injured. Spag's was not playing Thornhill.

Now all of them are playing and healthy.  Sorenson has found a role that he can contribute in.  Defense is playing excellent.  The first game , the Chiefs turned the ball over 4 times  Offense is starting to come around and the turnovers are not occuring at anywhere near the same clip.  Defense is causing turnovers.  I really think the Chiefs have a chance to really take it to the Chargers.  Ekeler tweaked his ankle, so he may not be 100%.  I think the Chiefs can limit the run and his effectiveness.  We should get enough pressure on the Chargers to not allow receivers to get open deep.  I can see us getting a couple picks in this game and the Chiefs rolling to a big victory.  38-17

Mike Williams is the key. They have to stop him.

Chargers placed LT Rashawn Slater on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

The No. 13 overall pick in April's draft, Slater has started every game at left tackle this season while living up to his billing as a first-round selection. The Chargers play the Chiefs on Thursday, making it highly unlikely Slater is able to play even if he is just a close contact. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Right now you could make case for them or us but the playoffs are still a month away.  With the way the AFC has been this year it could be somebody else.  A month ago it looked like the Tits before that Buffalo n possibly the Ravens even Chargers looked like that at one time.  Going into the playoffs their are probably 3 maybe 4 teams that if they hit a hot streak that are capable of winning 3 in a row to get to the SB.  

Hate Thursday night football.  Huge disadvantage to the team traveling from central time to western time zone.  

Austin Ekeler (ankle) did not practice on Monday.

Los Angeles did not practice today so the DNP tag is an estimation of the team. It makes sense for Ekeler, who will likely have his practice reps limited early in the week. He left the Chargers' Week 14 game with the ankle issue and did not return. However, his team had the game all but sealed by halftime so he didn't need to see the field again. Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Ekeler is "fine" so we fully anticipate him to suit up and post RB1 numbers versus the Chiefs on Thursday.

48 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Austin Ekeler (ankle) did not practice on Monday.

Los Angeles did not practice today so the DNP tag is an estimation of the team. It makes sense for Ekeler, who will likely have his practice reps limited early in the week. He left the Chargers' Week 14 game with the ankle issue and did not return. However, his team had the game all but sealed by halftime so he didn't need to see the field again. Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Ekeler is "fine" so we fully anticipate him to suit up and post RB1 numbers versus the Chiefs on Thursday.

I don’t know. Maybe they should rest him.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid confirmed that cornerback L’Jarius Sneed would not practice with the team on Tuesday but was on his way back to Kansas City from his hometown of Minden, Louisiana.

“I’ve had a chance to talk to him here a little bit over the last few days,” said Reid. “Obviously, he’s hurting from the situation — [he] was very close to his brother, so like I said, he’s on his way back — and I think it will be good for him to be around his teammates. They care a lot about him, so I think that will help him.”

In 12 games this season, Sneed has recorded 62 tackles (49 solo), six passes defensed and two interceptions. His play has been at a Pro Bowl level.

The Chiefs would gladly welcome him back to the lineup for Thursday Night Football — but rightfully so, it sounds like that decision will be up to him.

If the Chiefs want to continue their dominance over the AFC West it will all boil down to this game I believe. Win and I think it's pretty much locked up. Lose and I think that's a wrap. Can the Chargers lose to one of their last 3 opponents? Possibly but I think not likely. Chiefs would be forced to win out to have any hope. This a a BIG game 

Based on my quick review, we only need to win the two remaining division games to guarantee the West. We would hold the 2nd tie-breaker (division record) and could even lose the other two games. I know we have bigger fish to fry than just winning the division but it’s amazing how we could potentially gallop past everyone after our slow start.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:16 PM, Docbarnabee said:

We didn't have Ingram or Ward in that game either.  Bolton has more playing time under his Belt and that was just the 3rd game for an offesive line that has gotten better since then.