Chiefs vs Chargers for the AFC West Title

3 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

We didn't have Ingram or Ward in that game either.  Bolton has more playing time under his Belt and that was just the 3rd game for an offesive line that has gotten better since then.  

Agree. Im sure the Chargers have similar examples of players that are healthy or have improved. It will come down to turnovers and pass rush.

11 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Gay has ruled OUT

• The Kansas City Chiefs now have three players on their Reserve/COVID-19 list — linebacker Willie Gay Jr., who has been ruled out for the game, wide receiver Josh Gordon and defensive tackle Chris Jones. Gordon and Jones don’t appear on the injury report while on the list — and their game status is still unclear.
  • Gay’s absence means added responsibility for rookie Nick Bolton and veteran Ben Niemann.
  • The Chiefs will again be without cornerback L’Jarius Sneed due to personal reasons. The Chiefs eased Rashad Fenton back into the lineup on Sunday, but after a full practice Tuesday, he can likely be expected to handle his regular workload. Mike Hughes,  should also be available.
  • Offensive lineman Andrew Wylie (knee), the Chiefs’ right tackle of the last four games, is suddenly questionable. Wylie practiced fully all week, so perhaps his knee had some swelling worth monitoring. If Wylie can’t play, rookie Lucas Niang could be in line to make his return to the starting lineup;

I'm ready to call this a win for the Bolts.  Traveling & now COVID taking out  Jones and now Gay, Sneed  not playing. I just dont feel it. The Offense would have to revert to  times almost forgotten. I see the running game being stifled, Travis being mauled with no calls going his way. Stupid penalties that  negate Chiefs positive plays on both sides of the ball, Patrick pressing making questionable almost horrendous throws.  Bosa having an All Pro Day. Collingsworth making my head explode. I'll be in bed by the end of the 3rd qrtr.

Bolts 45 Chiefs 23

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm ready to call this a win for the Bolts.  Traveling & now COVID taking out  Jones and now Gay, Sneed  not playing. I just dont feel it. The Offense would have to revert to  times almost forgotten. I see the running game being stifled, Travis being mauled with no calls going his way. Stupid penalties that  negate Chiefs positive plays on both sides of the ball, Patrick pressing making questionable almost horrendous throws.  Bosa having an All Pro Day. Collingsworth making my head explode. I'll be in bed by the end of the 3rd qrtr.

Bolts 45 Chiefs 23

Agree. Herbert will have a career day. Three best Chief D Players out and the back ups are not good.

10 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Not looking good at all with the loss of 3 top defenders. Add in that the offense still hasn't really clicked and screamed "we can win in a shootout." But tomorrow night is just as good as any to prove they can. 

Must be how the Packers felt with Rogers out. Their defense kept them in the game. KC probably loses that game if Rogers plays. 

Just now, qnet said:

If that does happen, no one will acknowledge this, only that the Chargers lit the Chiefs up.

I think some will acknowledge the missing starters. Rams had serious starters out & still won against Arizona. Chiefs can do the same. Chargers defense is not special.

I’m not liking this game on a short week with gay and Jones out. On top of that which I think is very important is the type of defense chargers play. 2 high look. 
we only average 23.8 points per game when facing defenses that play this. 
if we are going to win it will come down to long sustained drives scoring TDs no mistakes ( drops turnovers penalties ) and keeping our d fresh. 
if our d can bend and not break we will be good. 
im the most nervous I’ve been all year. As reesebobby says, my skirt is riding high. 
Go chiefs. 

13 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m not liking this game on a short week with gay and Jones out. On top of that which I think is very important is the type of defense chargers play. 2 high look. 
we only average 23.8 points per game when facing defenses that play this. 
if we are going to win it will come down to long sustained drives scoring TDs no mistakes ( drops turnovers penalties ) and keeping our d fresh. 
if our d can bend and not break we will be good. 
im the most nervous I’ve been all year. As reesebobby says, my skirt is riding high. 
Go chiefs. 

The 2 high look has become an overused talking point propagated by the pundits.  Dropped balls and self inflicted wounds have done more to stifle the Chiefs than any defensive look.  Have the 2 high safeties been responsible for Hill leading the league in drops?  Are those safeties the reason that Hill and Kelce are directly responsible for 5 INTs this year?  The only true difference opposing defenses have imposed on the chiefs is beating the holy hell out of Kelce and daring officials to call it.  Other than that, the offense has moved at will, until someone decides to drop a 3rd down reception, or we get a stupid penalty.