Chiefs vs Chargers for the AFC West Title

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Niang was a full participant all week. So our #1 RT is at full strength.

is he?? .. full participant  to me doesn't mean full strength. Regardless it is good news as even 1/2 strength has to be an improvement over the matador

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

is he?? .. full participant  to me doesn't mean full strength. Regardless it is good news as even 1/2 strength has to be an improvement over the matador

Agreed. Our line from LT to RG has given up 10 sacks in 52 combined starts. Wylie has given up 4 sacks in 4 starts by himself.

Mike Hughes

L'Jarius Sneed is not going to be suiting up for the Chiefs on Thursday night. Sneed tragically lost his brother and had been away from the team to spend time with his family. We want to send our thoughts and prayers to Sneed and his family, as this is much bigger than the game of football.

With Sneed not playing we are going to see a lot of Mike Hughes in this game. Hughes is the primary backup for Sneed and played 64 total defensive snaps last week against the Raiders. That was only two snaps fewer than his previous six games combined.

The Chargers exposed Hughes last time these two teams squared off and it would be in the team's best interest to target him as much as possible yet again. Hughes is someone who gets targeted often when is he on the field and other teams have had success in doing so. Heck, against the Raiders he was targeted 11 times and allowed eight receptions.

Last time these two teams squared off the LA Chargers targeted Hughes seven times in the passing game. Hughes was lined up against Mike Williams for most of the game and allowed five receptions for 53 yards and two touchdowns. The yardage was not bad, but he was responsible for allowing two Charger touchdowns.

Next

The NFL and NFLPA agreed to updated COVID-19 protocols for players on Thursday afternoon that, effective immediately, allow players to test off of COVID list with no symptoms for 24 hours and a negative test. 

The rules will also create more separation for players and coaches in any indoor meetings or group spaces, limit players from gathering indoors outside of the team facility, and mandated masks regardless of vaccination status. They also come with a warning that teams and players should be prepared for additional modifications to protocols. Both sides had to do something with another wave of COVID hitting America hard, and it's likely this won't be the last change we see this year. The fact that players can get off the list faster is a good thing for fantasy football purposes, but it's yet another thing we'll have to monitor as fantasy playoffs get started. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

The NFL and NFLPA agreed to updated COVID-19 protocols for players on Thursday afternoon that, effective immediately, allow players to test off of COVID list with no symptoms for 24 hours and a negative test. 

The rules will also create more separation for players and coaches in any indoor meetings or group spaces, limit players from gathering indoors outside of the team facility, and mandated masks regardless of vaccination status. They also come with a warning that teams and players should be prepared for additional modifications to protocols. Both sides had to do something with another wave of COVID hitting America hard, and it's likely this won't be the last change we see this year. The fact that players can get off the list faster is a good thing for fantasy football purposes, but it's yet another thing we'll have to monitor as fantasy playoffs get started. 

Hope Jones traveled with the team.

7 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Chargers LT out - Chiefs D will feast.

Without Jones Im not so sure plus Sneed and Gay on blitz no longer available.  Chiefs could get into that drop 8 in coverage crap. Clark is not effective when teams are not doubling Jones. Herbert is a big threat to run and does it well.

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Without Jones Im not so sure plus Sneed and Gay on blitz no longer available.  Chiefs could get into that drop 8 in coverage crap. Clark is not effective when teams are not doubling Jones. Herbert is a big threat to run and does it well.

Ingram I'm sure would love to stick to his former team with the division on the line.  

I don't think they need 40 plus but somewhere around 28 to 33 would be my guess

Just now, Okiechief1 said:

True but that new memo wasn't out when the team went to LA.  

Thats why I wonder if he traveled to LA? You would think, even with 2 tests needed, he would be ready in case. Use the Mahomes Express if you have to. He could be in LA.

41 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Thats why I wonder if he traveled to LA? You would think, even with 2 tests needed, he would be ready in case. Use the Mahomes Express if you have to. He could be in LA.

I'll tell you what...if these new protocols apply to Sundays games and not tonights...the Chiefs have a legit beef.

This is a week 15 matchup. They can't make this protocol a la carte. It's all wk 15 games or none.

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

True nothing was really stopping him from heading to LA on a charter by himself and staying in a room on his own till the second test results came in.