21 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs need to draft their #2 WR.  No top level receiver would want to come to KC when Hill and Kelce will be primary.  Other receiver would be lucky to get five targets and 40 yds. on a normal night.  Get a first or second rounder and develop him for the long term while drawing coverage now.  

I think we may end up with Olave at the end of the first, as I think he may drop after having a bit of a down year.  An outside technician like that is just what the doctor ordered.  Not sure if we'd have to trade up for him or not. He may test himself higher but looks to be another good receiver crop this year.  I wanted Olave to come out last year and not sure going back to school helped him.

24 minutes ago, xen said:

I think we may end up with Olave at the end of the first, as I think he may drop after having a bit of a down year.  An outside technician like that is just what the doctor ordered.  Not sure if we'd have to trade up for him or not. He may test himself higher but looks to be another good receiver crop this year.  I wanted Olave to come out last year and not sure going back to school helped him.

Good year for receivers.  Okay year for CBs.  Not sure what the priorities will be if equally ranked players are there when the Chiefs pick. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Would you prefer him to a guy like Burks or London? What about a Pickens, Bell, Tolbert type in rd 2. All bigger bodied guys with good athleticism.

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Would you prefer him to a guy like Burks or London? What about a Pickens, Bell, Tolbert type in rd 2. All bigger bodied guys with good athleticism.

I am just talking about guys we have a legitimate shot at.  I don't expect Burks or London to be there at the bottom of the first.   Yes I like him better than the others in round 2.  I think we need a significant investment at receiver and I think a guy like Olave will contribute much faster.  Not sure about his speed but he's got all the rest and I love a good technician at receiver.  Great route runners with some athleticism typically have a lower bust percentage 

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good year for receivers.  Okay year for CBs.  Not sure what the priorities will be if equally ranked players are there when the Chiefs pick. 

I think Veach probably trusts his ability to find low cost corners at thus point.  And he should.  His track record is amazeballs at that position.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I agree but it all depends on d line. U can get away with diamonds in the rough if we have a stud d line. 

Yup, agree!

We have to draft a young STUD DE. Gotta have a pass rush in todays NFL. Then a maybe a WR and then DT..

I don't care what order, but we need get younger and better at those 3 positions.

20 hours ago, xen said:

He 'had a down year' because Wilson and Njigba had absolute KILLER seasons. There's only so many balls to throw around. This could work in our favor to have him available.

If Olave plays in the Rose bowl, he'll likely break 1000 yds for the season. Dude is a std... love to see him in a Chiefs uni.

He is the all-time TD leader for OSU receivers surpassing a lot of greats ie Carter, Galloway, Ginn Jr, Boston and Mike Thomas

Not sure about his speed but he's got all the rest and I love a good technician at receiver.

Good description.

Jerry Rice was not fast. 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, mex said:

He 'had a down year' because Wilson and Njigba had absolute KILLER seasons. There's only so many balls to throw around. This could work in our favor to have him available.

If Olave plays in the Rose bowl, he'll likely break 1000 yds for the season. Dude is a std... love to see him in a Chiefs uni.

He is the all-time TD leader for OSU receivers surpassing a lot of greats ie Carter, Galloway, Ginn Jr, Boston and Mike Thomas

Good description.

Jerry Rice was not fast. 

Yeah I'm a fan of Olave.  While there will be more athletic guys I think he has the highest floor.