Chiefs chargers game day thread.

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Herbert vs Mahomes getting to him. He needs to settle down he'll be fine.

There have been a hand full of qb's this year that have looked better.   We aren't talking about a couple games we are talking about 3/4 of the season.   If we didn't play the Raiders he would have terrible stats.   Not sure what is going on but I hope we aren't ruining him by trying to make him something he isn't.   I hope this is a learning stage that will help him down the road in his career and not something that is draining his confidence and mojo.   The last 2-3 drives couldn't look any more different from the first drive and that is something happening every single game.  What gives?

Just now, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Chiefs interior line as good as anybody's and 3 stud RBs. No reason not to run and run and run.

Our Rb's are slow.  Two deep and stuff the middle of the field.   We don't run slants or outs very often so teams don't worry about those.   

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Anyone else getting concerned about Mahomes?  Is he trying so hard to be this pocket passer that takes check downs that he's too timid to thread a needle?   When was the last time he forced a throw into a tight window?  He's looked off tonight.

He’s always been better when moving around, so I do feel like trying to make him into a pure pocket passer has had it’s drawbacks. 

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

There have been a hand full of qb's this year that have looked better.   We aren't talking about a couple games we are talking about 3/4 of the season.   If we didn't play the Raiders he would have terrible stats.   Not sure what is going on but I hope we aren't ruining him by trying to make him something he isn't.   I hope this is a learning stage that will help him down the road in his career and not something that is draining his confidence and mojo.   The last 2-3 drives couldn't look any more different from the first drive and that is something happening every single game.  What gives?

What kind of sense does this make? "If we didn't play the Raiders"...We do. Those wins count. If we didn't play the 49ers 2 years ago we wouldn't have won a SB.

You dont just arbitrarily decide 2 games don't count to help support your point. He's human. The league has adjusted. Now we are adjusting to counter that.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Brown may at best be an okay tackle. But he is not going to ever do well against agile and speed rushes.

I don’t think he’s the answer long term.   His slow feet an inability to take on speed rushers make him a terrible fit for our offensive style.