Chiefs chargers game day thread.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

We could have a running game but our Archie head refuses 

Yes he does.  We also desperately need speed in the backfield.  I have no doubt that CEH is faster than he looks, but I feel like if the stars ever aligned and the defense gave him a 10 yard head start, he’d get caught before he made it 35 yards.  He has lots of hesitation and no acceleration. Darrel would be a nice compliment to a speed back, and I feel like he produced better than CEH when CEH was out, at least as a receiving threat. I keep waiting to see our version of Westbrook but instead getting a slower version of Derrick blaylock. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

What a great big time win! 
let’s not forget chargers players get paid too. Chiefs made some mistakes but when the game is on the line with this much at stake, I’ll take chiefs and mahomes all day. 
feeding kelce was key. If he has a free release the ball should go there all day long. 
gotta give some props to dirty Dan and Neumann for big plays in the red zone. And of course Bolton. We beat up nieman and Dan but we also gotta give them some credit. 
The bad…. Our running game and I did not hear much from Clark or HB. 

Bolton MVP on D 2nite. No sign of Clark, HB...

3 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

It was a frustrating & exhilarating game to watch, amigo.  Mahomes was having a bad game up to the 4th quarter … then he woke up & turned back into PM15 again. 

Oh, I get it. I was worried about Mahomes also, but the play were the guy leaped up like 10 feet and batted the ball, was a great play by him. 

I think Mahomes is a victim of his own success, because defenders are trying really hard when they play the Chiefs. 

Just now, mex said:

With CJ, Sneed and Gay in the lineup, we still win that game.

Our offense doesn’t show up until their backs are against the wall.  Imo that’s a sign of a group that’s in its own head.  Or it could be that when the game is on the line, pat flushes and just gets the job done.  

Hear me out.  I might be crazy.  Shanahan, what he did with guys like jake plummet and the bootlegs, moving the pocket. I just think that’s more to Mahomes strengths than sitting in shotgun trying to dump 2 yard outs over a d end into the flat. 

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Oh, Clark gave us his usual offsides penalty on 3rd and long.

Clark was hot garbage. How many millions did he make tonight to log an offsides penalty?  I saw Ingram numerous times, but if not for the penalty I wouldn’t have even known Clark was on the field. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

Our offense doesn’t show up until their backs are against the wall.  Imo that’s a sign of a group that’s in its own head.  Or it could be that when the game is on the line, pat flushes and just gets the job done.  

Hear me out.  I might be crazy.  Shanahan, what he did with guys like jake plummet and the bootlegs, moving the pocket. I just think that’s more to Mahomes strengths than sitting in shotgun trying to dump 2 yard outs over a d end into the flat. 

Agreed. Mahomes is at his best when he is scrambling.  Makes no sense but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

We’re gonna have a big problem in a few years when Bolton and Gat both come up for big contracts at the same time.  Bolton showing out without Gay on the field is even more impressive 

Others will be leaving by then

need solid coverage LBs that are also effective vs the run

1 minute ago, mex said:

Oh, I agree. 'in it's own head' is PM defined this season. He's been pressing all season... I could name a ton of examples, but we all saw it

hopefully kelce's talk with him (you be you) really did make an impression

sometimes leaders need a little leadership

I still contend that the super bowl broke him to an extent.  Our offensive line failure was rattling, then all the drops in the first half of the season, all of that combined would make even Tom Brady hesitant.  That last ten months have been a journey for Mahomes.  To have trust issues with the people around you after that would be a very human trait. 

4 minutes ago, mex said:

Oh, I agree. 'in it's own head' is PM defined this season. He's been pressing all season... I could name a ton of examples, but we all saw it

hopefully kelce's talk with him (you be you) really did make an impression

sometimes leaders need a little leadership

A little adversity never hurts...2019 good example also.