Chiefs chargers game day thread.

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

We need a third receiver in the worst way.  What kind of shape is Westbrook in?  Is he 59 yet?  

Lol. 
Hill is fast, kelce is just smooth in and out of breaks, but we need a third threat that has a unique trait. We have tried hardman Pringle Robison. nothing real unique there. 
perhaps it’s forston. 

47 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the oline is not as good as some think. I did not see running lanes at all.

The Chargers players seem to match up very well with the Chiefs, I don't understand why, but they just do. This is their first year together also, something to think about ( the Oline).

57 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Lol. 
Hill is fast, kelce is just smooth in and out of breaks, but we need a third threat that has a unique trait. We have tried hardman Pringle Robison. nothing real unique there. 
perhaps it’s forston. 

Fortson was the plan.

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I thought Powell was the plan.  Will he step up next year or is that a wasted pick?  Still haven't given up on Gordon for the rest of this season.  

Could be a wasted pick. I have some serious doubts about Veach's staff and capability to pick skill positions. He seems to be reaching for all and besides the occasional decent game they seem to disappoint. 

3 hours ago, NCChief said:

Agreed. Mahomes is at his best when he is scrambling.  Makes no sense but it is what it is.

I think they are afraid of scrambling when he’s able to avoid due to injury concern, even though QBs get hurt in the pocket and from “slipping in the shower” (i.e. life happens).

Also, when Kaepernick first started playing, Greg Roman decided towards the end of the season to stop the RPO so much so teams thought they stopped. Stupid Green Bay bought it and Kaepernick ran 180 yards on them.

Opponents have adjusted and so we adjust to them. Obviously, we intended on doing those adjustments without our mistakes. We made mistakes and therefore started slowly. No one obviously tries to taper down success in yards or touchdowns - those drops happened by opponents adjustments and our mistakes - but if the Chiefs can win without those mistakes, teams who overcommit to stop us deep, lose by matriculation and if they start to creep in because “Mahomes has lost it,” Mahomes will make them pay. Their goal is not to get big stats but win by the opponent having no choice. Execution is key and we’re doing better now.

3 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I think they are afraid of scrambling when he’s able to avoid due to injury concern, even though QBs get hurt in the pocket and from “slipping in the shower” (i.e. life happens).

Also, when Kaepernick first started playing, Greg Roman decided towards the end of the season to stop the RPO so much so teams thought they stopped. Stupid Green Bay bought it and Kaepernick ran 180 yards on them.

Opponents have adjusted and so we adjust to them. Obviously, we intended on doing those adjustments without our mistakes. We made mistakes and therefore started slowly. No one obviously tries to taper down success in yards or touchdowns - those drops happened by opponents adjustments and our mistakes - but if the Chiefs can win without those mistakes, teams who overcommit to stop us deep, lose by matriculation and if they start to creep in because “Mahomes has lost it,” Mahomes will make them pay. Their goal is not to get big stats but win by the opponent having no choice. Execution is key and we’re doing better now.

Look I understand that he's less likely to get hurt in the pocket.  All I'm saying is that with his unique throwing mechanics that he's far deadlier while on the move.  Especially when he's rolling out to his right.  He seems more accurate as well.  I know that playstyle won't always work in every game.  Maybe his teammates telling him " You be you" is meaningless in the long run but it sure as hell worked last night.

1 hour ago, NCChief said:

Look I understand that he's less likely to get hurt in the pocket.  All I'm saying is that with his unique throwing mechanics that he's far deadlier while on the move.  Especially when he's rolling out to his right.  He seems more accurate as well.  I know that playstyle won't always work in every game.  Maybe his teammates telling him " You be you" is meaningless in the long run but it sure as hell worked last night.

He’s smart and doesn’t take big hits. As long as he’s not running a sneak, I’m not worried about him getting hurt. 

8 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Said this earlier, but having a Mike Williams type receiver would be a game changer on this offense. As well as not continuing to run out of the gun.

Just maddening we kept doing this.  Especially when we had success on short yardage going I formation with Burton.

9 hours ago, moons314 said:

Yeah but can you give two big contracts to the same group?  Didn’t the ravens let several good linebackers go because of Ray Lewis ? 

By then others (cough clark cough) will be at or near the end of theirs... also I'm not sure either would command a Lewis-level contract. maybe they could restructure clark... hell maybe Mahomes would be willing to restructure a la elway and manning

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Just look at the first drive. Every run was effective. Chiefs can run it if they want to

Most NFL defenses can stop the run if they commit. The key to a thriving Chiefs offense is to run the ball successfully early, then when the defense adjusts to single high start flinging it. 

The thing with Andy last night seemed to be they continued to run on early downs... they got predictable... I'd love to see them change it up with play-action on 1st down after a successful series running the ball. But I'm just a Friday morning armchair expert. 

Not gonna lie. I am guilty of entering that " OH FOR FUCK SAKE" zone last night for sure. The way Mahomes played at the end reminded me of the one from the last couple years. Not worried about mechanics or not worried about if he left the pocket to fast. He looked a man that wanted to win a ball game. He didn't think, just played. And that to me was the difference.It was a sight for sore eyes for sure. And yes Bolton is a monster in the making.

8 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Not gonna lie. I am guilty of entering that " OH FOR FUCK SAKE" zone last night for sure. The way Mahomes played at the end reminded me of the one from the last couple years. Not worried about mechanics or not worried about if he left the pocket to fast. He looked a man that wanted to win a ball game. He didn't think, just played. And that to me was the difference.It was a sight for sore eyes for sure. And yes Bolton is a monster in the making.

I was with you.   

BTW haven't seen anything on it so forgive me if I missed it (didn't read the game thread), but I thought it was hilarious and awesome that Andy had Ingram go out for the OT coin toss.  What a great pickup he has been and awesome reminder for Chargers fans, one man's trash is another's treasure.

20 minutes ago, xen said:

BTW haven't seen anything on it so forgive me if I missed it (didn't read the game thread), but I thought it was hilarious and awesome that Andy had Ingram go out for the OT coin toss.  What a great pickup he has been and awesome reminder for Chargers fans, one man's trash is another's treasure.

Yeah.  Feels like he has been a not small part of the turnaround on defense. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Andy joked about that in his post game presser.  Inferred that Ingram won the game for them.