Chiefs chargers game day thread.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Andy joked about that in his post game presser.  Inferred that Ingram won the game for them

That was so funny. He said that was why he was content to kneel with 5 seconds left and go to overtime, because he had Melvin to send out there to call the toss. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Andy joked about that in his post game presser.  Inferred that Ingram won the game for them.  

technically, the way the defenses were playing, whomever won the toss won the game. so Ingram did win it by choosing tails.

Reminded me of the 2019 AFC championship vs NE. The coin chose the winner. 

11 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Not gonna lie. I am guilty of entering that " OH FOR FUCK SAKE" zone last night for sure. The way Mahomes played at the end reminded me of the one from the last couple years. Not worried about mechanics or not worried about if he left the pocket to fast. He looked a man that wanted to win a ball game. He didn't think, just played. And that to me was the difference.It was a sight for sore eyes for sure. And yes Bolton is a monster in the making.

Mahomes is that "game on the line" QB we never  had before. When it's do or die, he just does.  No brilliant strategy, decisions on whether or how to use the pocket, executing plays drawn up by the coaching staff or in meetings all week.  He just goes on automatic pilot and makes things happen and finds his main guys.  Pretty amazing to watch that.   Of course both defenses were sucking wind at that point, especially with the short week. But it was great to watch the old 2018 version with the game on the line.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Mahomes is that "game on the line" QB we never  had before. When it's do or die, he just does.  No brilliant strategy, decisions on whether or how to use the pocket, executing plays drawn up by the coaching staff or in meetings all week.  He just goes on automatic pilot and makes things happen and finds his main guys.  Pretty amazing to watch that.   Of course both defenses were sucking wind at that point, especially with the short week. But it was great to watch the old 2018 version with the game on the line.

Agree.  We got spoiled in Mahomes first three seasons.  Reality struck in the BAL and first Chargers' games when the Chiefs found ways to lose rather than pulling it out.  Hopefully, that was just a bad patch and is behind the Chiefs.  If the team is a score down within two minutes, there's no one I'd trust more to come back than Mahomes.  He's one of those that thrive on tight situations.  

Great QBs have always been successful in 2 minute drills. Feels great to know what it’s like to have one!! The game is not ever over. 

Anyone remember when Mahomes got that snap off right before the 2 minute warning? 

Just greatness in the little things that amount to Hall of Fame type shit. Manning/Brady in Mahomes and it’s amazing.

3 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Great QBs have always been successful in 2 minute drills. Feels great to know what it’s like to have one!! The game is not ever over. 

Anyone remember when Mahomes got that snap off right before the 2 minute warning? 

Just greatness in the little things that amount to Hall of Fame type shit. Manning/Brady in Mahomes and it’s amazing.

When the game is on the line, you  have four downs to get a first down.  That helps a gunslinger, too.

54 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Tough to stay focus in todays world. Mahomes has Championed his concentration.

Was curious to see how he would perform after becoming the face of the NFL, accepting loads of endorsements, losing an embarrassing Super bowl game, and becoming a father all in the midst of a pandemic. 

Big Time win this was folks. AFC West champs and 1st to get to 10 wins in the AFC.  Well done Patrick 

He has handled it like a champion no doubt. But he's also shown signs of being human, which is a good thing. Why?

He has been pressing... badly... for pretty much this entire season. understandable, because his pass pro has been less than stellar

he's also missed an unusual amount of throws to open receivers he would hit in stride in previous seasons

he's also not seeing the entire field like in the past... at times not noticing wide open guys

and sometimes he pushes his throws uncharacteristically... ie the one at the goal line he dirted because he rushed it without the laces, or the one he doinked off kelce's shoulder pad out in the flat

all that stuff is on Patrick

yet, all that stuff aside, if he can have bad days (let's be honest, he has) and STILL come from behind to win, that gives the team much more confidence... everyone plays better, everyone tries harder when they know they're always in the game

12 minutes ago, mex said:

He has handled it like a champion no doubt. But he's also shown signs of being human, which is a good thing. Why?

He has been pressing... badly... for pretty much this entire season. understandable, because his pass pro has been less than stellar

he's also missed an unusual amount of throws to open receivers he would hit in stride in previous seasons

he's also not seeing the entire field like in the past... at times not noticing wide open guys

and sometimes he pushes his throws uncharacteristically... ie the one at the goal line he dirted because he rushed it without the laces, or the one he doinked off kelce's shoulder pad out in the flat

yet, all that stuff aside, if he can have bad days (let's be honest, he has) and STILL come from behind to win, that gives the team much more confidence... everyone plays better, everyone tries harder when they know they're always in the game

They are starting to bust up the cover 2. Still need to run it more, but you can see it coming. Someone is pretty much open now on every play. For awhile they were really forcing the old offense. I’ll say this, mahomes biggest opportunity is getting back to putting throws in tighter windows. He has always had guys pretty wide open. When he adds the Brady Bree’s element. He’ll be unstoppable. Just think, this is only his 4th year starting… incredible 

17 minutes ago, mex said:

Right on. The question was, would he fold? And no, he hasn't. And never will after this tremendous game the Chiefs just won. He's too elite and yes, this team's confidence moving forward has PEAKED

On 12/17/2021 at 5:35 AM, NCChief said:

Look I understand that he's less likely to get hurt in the pocket.  All I'm saying is that with his unique throwing mechanics that he's far deadlier while on the move.  Especially when he's rolling out to his right.  He seems more accurate as well.  I know that playstyle won't always work in every game.  Maybe his teammates telling him " You be you" is meaningless in the long run but it sure as hell worked last night.

I agree with you. I would use it as much as necessary. I just think they worry themselves about it because of his foot last year. Even though everywhere is a risk.

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Right on. The question was, would he fold? And no, he hasn't. And never will after this tremendous game the Chiefs just won. He's too elite and yes, this team's confidence moving forward has PEAKED

Nope... he never folded. Dude's a true competitor. With a gun to compete.

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I agree with you. I would use it as much as necessary. I just think they worry themselves about it because of his foot last year. Even though everywhere is a risk.

Agreed. I know I hold my breath every single time he's running with the ball with a defender flying at him.  Perhaps with a good RT he won't have to do it as much.  Last thing I want to see is Henne in there due to some stupid injury that could've been avoided.

15 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Yup. 
Kc home vs steelers

kc road vs bengals 

kc road vs broncos. 

gotta win these last 3. 

I don’t think we will be able to rest and starters in the last game the way the AFC and remaining schedules look for other teams. 

Plus I want to beat the donks 12 times in a row. I really don't want them to win a game where we may rest our starters and they get a cheap win.