Just want to point out that while our QB is having an "off year" he has over 4000 yards, 30 tds & 13 picks (5 of which were tipped balls by OUR intended targets) and a QBR of almost 96, with 3 games left to play.

There are about 15 teams in the league that would be happy with these numbers at seasons end when their QB had a GOOD season. And there's fans in KC calling him "lost" and "broken". 

With some help from other teams cannibalizing eachother, we are going to get a 1 seed, bye, and the road to LA is once again going to go through Arrowhead.

Let's also not forget that we are still king in the AFC. We have not been unseated. We are b2b defending conference champs. And if you put Sam Darnold on this team we'd have a losing record.

All I'm saying is keep perspective. What has become our expectation is still another fanbases dream. I realize it's easy to get emotional in the moment while watching a game because I do it too, but the shit that gets thrown around in these gameday threads is the reason why Badger called our fanbase toxic.

We are still the best team in the AFC. We are the hunted. We are going to play in the SB again this year. 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Just want to point out that while our QB is having an "off year" he has over 4000 yards, 30 tds & 13 picks (5 of which were tipped balls by OUR intended targets) and a QBR of almost 96, with 3 games left to play.

There are about 15 teams in the league that would be happy with these numbers at seasons end when their QB had a good season. And there's fans in KC calling him "lost" and "broken". 

With some help from other teams cannibalizing eachother, we are going to get a 1 seed, bye, and the road to LA is once again going to go through Arrowhead.

Let's also not forget that we are still king in the AFC. We have not been unseated. We are b2b defending conference champs. And if you put Sam Darnold on this team we'd have a losing record.

All I'm saying keep perspective. What has become our expectation is still another fanbases dream. I realize it's easy to get emotional in the moment while watching a game because I do it too, but the shit that gets thrown around in these gameday threads is the reason why Badger called our fanbase toxic.

We are still the best team in the AFC. We are the hunted. We are going to play in the SB again this year. 

Why I quit reading the game day thread. People have to realize their over reactions but continue to do it each week.

Some said we would not make the playoffs, lucky to win 2 to 4 more games after our 3-4 start, I wish they had made that bet, etc. Now we are going for the #1 seed, 6th division win in a row, have a chance to go in a 10 game win streak etc.  Really after all this, being a fan is fun, but not when the continued doubt and the sky is falling keeps coming up.

Maybe just step back and breath. Also CEH is looking good now when put in to run and catch passes.......

Just now, kkuenn said:

Why I quit reading the game day thread. People have to realize their over reactions but continue to do it each week.

Some said we would not make the playoffs, lucky to win 2 to 4 more games after our 3-4 start, I wish they had made that bet, etc. Now we are going for the #1 seed, 6th division win in a row, have a chance to go in a 10 game win streak etc.  Really after all this, being a fan is fun, but not when the continued doubt and the sky is falling keeps coming up.

Maybe just step back and breath. Also CEH is looking good now when put in to run and catch passes.......

Had at least 3 people call him a bust in the GDT last night.

25 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Had at least 3 people call him a bust in the GDT last night.

We need to talk to Xen and see if he can get a coalition discount on Androgel.  The game day threads are like going to a Lacrosse match between Shawnee Mission South and Blue Valley NW.   I can almost picture sweater vests reading some of that shit. 

I've still never been in a game day thread while a game is going. I will say the dog hides, the wife goes shopping and the neighbors are looking out their windows while my son and I are watching. But we are equal opportunity bashers. Mahomes when he dirts balls, Kelce and Hill when they drop balls. Sorenson & Nieman.  Sorenson & Nieman. Sorenson & Nieman. Defense when getting gouged by the run. And then we high five another great win. I think we should hang on to Hahomes ;) 

57 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We need to talk to Xen and see if he can get a coalition discount on Androgel.  The game day threads are like going to a Lacrosse match between Shawnee Mission South and Blue Valley NW.   I can almost picture sweater vests reading some of that shit. 

You are becoming my hero.

Mahomes certainly hasn't gotten a lot of help this year.  Our receiving corps needs an overhaul in the offseason.  He hasn't been perfect, but he set the bar so high that people often overlook the fact that Mahomes B game is superior to 95% of the league.  Even though Hill and Kelce have too many drops, they have enough of a track record that Mahomes trusts them and focuses them.  I feel like at times he doesn't trust Pringle and Hardman because of their drops, and will opt for a throw into tighter coverage to force it to Kelce or Hill.  Most of all, whoever is calling plays is doing him no favors.  

I also want to add I had high hopes coming into the season of Noah Grey becoming at least a small factor in the receiving offense, but he's got like 2 catches all year.  Not writing him off, but it's disappointing after a good amount of positive remarks he was getting around draft day. 

The biggest problem for Mahomes in the pocket is options 3 - 5 in passing routes, those not named Hill or Kelce, don’t do much and are easily covered. I know some will point to him missing open guys, but absolutely no one would be missed except Hill and Kelce. They are all easily replaced and don’t produce. Mahomes being mobile causes backyard football and guys to work their way open. The team desperately needs new blood at WR to help Hill. Fortson and Gray are supposed to be those dudes at TE. Fortson was showing stuff. Gray is rarely seen.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I came into the thread in the 2nd quarter and was so disgusted by the comments i left at halftime. Could not take the comments and jabs at Patrick....

How many QB's, not named Dawson;  threw for 30+ TD's with the Chiefs since Mahomes?  Not one. Green, Cassel, and Grbac came close. Mahomes worst year statically was just about equal to the three previous Qb's mentioned.  

After years of following stats and watching other teams QB's throw 30+ TD's and clowning the Chiefs in the playoffs, I'm going to enjoy watching Mahomes. 

If this is Mahomes' worst season, I'd take it every single year if we are sitting in the standings where we are right now.  I'll admit I about had an artery explode over that dirt ball to Hardman last night but by the end of the 4th quarter it was like I'd drank from the Holy Grail itself.  It is silly just how damn talented Pat is and I'm so glad I get to witness it after all of the crappy QB's we've had over the years.  If only Mahomes had one more "reliable" receiving threat.  I almost puke every time I see DRob get a target. Pringle has his moments, but just a receiver with some reliable hands would suffice.

I just watched the game highlights. I NOW!! really don't agree with what some of you were saying!! Mahomes was balling all night. Those two bad plays (especially the one in the dirt) are what people are focusing on. Does anyone remember the drive just to get down there???

ALSO.....On the long pass to Hill, were he made an incredible catch; Orlando Brown was blocking his ass off. 

The other drives, that I had to listen to on the way home from work looked way better seeing it for myself. Mahomes was carving the Chargers defense up, and he OUTPLAYED! the mighty Justin Herbert in this game IMO. 

There's a lot more I want to say, but I will stop. Just wait for the playoffs, just wait.

Easy to not comment and then come in after a miracle finish and say I told you so.  Mahomes finished that game in a way only the all time greats could but to act like he was playing well after that first drive/second drive isn’t accurate.   Sure the dirt ball was obvious, but he dieter like 3 last night.  Threw an int at the 4 yard line after a banged up D got the stop.   Lost a fumble, threw 20 yards over Hardmans head.  Missed multiple easy reads, some to Kelce.   I absolutely love our qb and in no way is he a bust but to act like something isn’t off whether it’s mental or physical or both is being a blind homer.  I think he is trying to work on these things mid season the way most work on things in the off-season but he seemed to have lost that swagger and mojo.   It was evident after the game when he stated that Kelce had to come over and pick him up emotionally.   That is different from years past.  Yes this year is his worst year and thankfully his stats are still really good.  That’s an overall good thing from your qb.   I believe and hope that finish jumped started this O for a SB run.   We are playing complimentary football and it’s starting to come together.   Hope we can get that 1 seed now!

I think the Chiefs need a Kupp or Renfro type receiver. Guy who can find gaps in zones. They don’t even need someone as talented as those guys, just a reliable 3rd down chain mover. Smith-Schuster would have been killer on this team. WR will be a target this off-season, and  it doesn’t have to be another speed guy. We need a clutch route-running dude.

i really wish they would give Fountain a look. Can he really be any worse than Robinson?

11 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I think the Chiefs need a Kupp or Renfro type receiver. Guy who can find gaps in zones. They don’t even need someone as talented as those guys, just a reliable 3rd down chain mover. Smith-Schuster would have been killer on this team. WR will be a target this off-season, and  it doesn’t have to be another speed guy. We need a clutch route-running dude.

i really wish they would give Fountain a look. Can he really be any worse than Robinson?

I think they were finally getting Gordon involved. It seemed like when he got here they had a few plays for him but not much. The last game it seemed like he was a bit more involved, going in motion and actually getting a couple targets. May be a playoff X Factor 🤞

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Easy to not comment and then come in after a miracle finish and say I told you so.  Mahomes finished that game in a way only the all time greats could but to act like he was playing well after that first drive/second drive isn’t accurate.   Sure the dirt ball was obvious, but he dieter like 3 last night.  Threw an int at the 4 yard line after a banged up D got the stop.   Lost a fumble, threw 20 yards over Hardmans head.  Missed multiple easy reads, some to Kelce.   I absolutely love our qb and in no way is he a bust but to act like something isn’t off whether it’s mental or physical or both is being a blind homer.  I think he is trying to work on these things mid season the way most work on things in the off-season but he seemed to have lost that swagger and mojo.   It was evident after the game when he stated that Kelce had to come over and pick him up emotionally.   That is different from years past.  Yes this year is his worst year and thankfully his stats are still really good.  That’s an overall good thing from your qb.   I believe and hope that finish jumped started this O for a SB run.   We are playing complimentary football and it’s starting to come together.   Hope we can get that 1 seed now!

Fair enough, but I have commented on it. I commented on it on several of the game threads. I just don't lose it, like some of you do  And I know I can be a homer at times.

Years ago, I would go back and forth with a Bronco fan at my my job. He had a relative in K.C.and would get tickets to Chiefs games. He said Chiefs fans are the most fickle fans he's seen. According to him, one minute they're cursing the QB, and the next minute they're in love with him (referring to Bono). I never liked Bono, but thought that was kind of weird. I understand what he meant now.

On Mahomes. When I heard we drafted him, I watched his college highlights and he looked wacky & exciting the way he played, reminded me of Favre. I thought he was going to be fun to watch, but would throw a lot of picks. I knew the Chiefs offense would be good because of who they already had. I thought the Chiefs would make the playoffs and be competitive, but wasn't sure about the SB.

He exceeded my expectations big time. During his first year starting he got away with a lot of plays, there were times were he could have been picked off a lot of times. Skip Bayless, who makes me mad to the point of not watching that show, brought this up. I noticed it too, but ignored it (blind homerism as you will).

As much as I disagree with Bayless, when Mahomes was drafted; he was the only one I remember saying, this kid may be pretty good. I believe he watched him at Texas Tech. This is why I try to judge his opinion on this subject more objectively.

He says a lot of what's happening is on Reid, and what he lets him get away with. I don't know how true this is, we will probably never know; but it does seem that way at times. Something is off, I agree. IMO defenses have game-planned him a lot and they're working through it. I still wish they would run the ball a little more.

Bottom line:  Without the unusual number of drops this season, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  Maybe Mahomes has thrown more dirt balls this year, but the drops are why the Chiefs aren't 12-2 right now.  By the same token, one drop Thurs. night and we'd be whining about the Chiefs losing the division.  

3 hours ago, qnet said:

Fair enough, but I have commented on it. I commented on it on several of the game threads. I just don't lose it, like some of you do  And I know I can be a homer at times.

Years ago, I would go back and forth with a Bronco fan at my my job. He had a relative in K.C.and would get tickets to Chiefs games. He said Chiefs fans are the most fickle fans he's seen. According to him, one minute they're cursing the QB, and the next minute they're in love with him (referring to Bono). I never liked Bono, but thought that was kind of weird. I understand what he meant now.

On Mahomes. When I heard we drafted him, I watched his college highlights and he looked wacky & exciting the way he played, reminded me of Favre. I thought he was going to be fun to watch, but would throw a lot of picks. I knew the Chiefs offense would be good because of who they already had. I thought the Chiefs would make the playoffs and be competitive, but wasn't sure about the SB.

He exceeded my expectations big time. During his first year starting he got away with a lot of plays, there were times were he could have been picked off a lot of times. Skip Bayless, who makes me mad to the point of not watching that show, brought this up. I noticed it too, but ignored it (blind homerism as you will).

As much as I disagree with Bayless, when Mahomes was drafted; he was the only one I remember saying, this kid may be pretty good. I believe he watched him at Texas Tech. This is why I try to judge his opinion on this subject more objectively.

He says a lot of what's happening is on Reid, and what he lets him get away with. I don't know how true this is, we will probably never know; but it does seem that way at times. Something is off, I agree. IMO defenses have game-planned him a lot and they're working through it. I still wish they would run the ball a little more.

100% some of this on Reid. A commitment to run the ball, and then doing so effectively, completely changes the dynamic of the game. Reid hasn't forced defenses to change what has slowed our offense down.

Running the ball gives your line confidence and continuity, controls the clock, demoralizes the defense, and forces them to play the safeties closer to the LOS opening up the deep part of the field.

And this RPO has compromised a lot of the effectiveness we should be having when we DO run. These players are so talented that they are winning despite this. But I have zero doubt that Reid and his playcalling have hindered us this year at times.

When you are playing the 31st ranked run defense and your RBs carry the ball 17 times for 54 yards you are basically looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Reid is Reid. He loves to see the ball thrown. It's in his DNA. It will be interesting to see what the offense looks like in 2022. I truly believe you will see more of Mahomes under center with us using play action next season. 

The second guessing, here is incredible..  let me explain something.. kc is 10-4 have won 7 games in a row.

there are three rookies starting on the offensive line. and essentially 2 rookie linebackers. 

We have gone through the worst two years possible, for training camps, and team activities..

we are 1 win from clenching the west.. 

have played in the superbowl 2 years in a row.. and the AFC championship game 3 years in a row. 

Please quit trying to decide what we should do.. or what our running backs should do.. mahomes is gonna be over 5k yards this season most likely..

and its a bad year..  the defense managed to give up 28 points this week.. with 3 not starters out.. but 3  Stars.. one at each level.. 

the sky is not falling.. we are living through the best teams the chiefs have ever fielded.. and when its complete.. this team.. 

this year.. is one of the best defensive teams KC has ever fielded, and one of the most dangerous offensively.

Thank you for playing

On 12/18/2021 at 7:25 AM, jetlord said:

By the same token, one drop Thurs. night and we'd be whining about the Chiefs losing the division.  

Or, one reasonable decision by Staley to go for three from the KC 10 instead of 'analytics'

That was an exciting game, but we got lucky

and... we won an OT toss in an important game, for once